Author Topic: Pittsburgh's "Steel City Con" Toy & Collectible Show  (Read 67632 times)

Offline sabresedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Pittsburgh's "Steel City Con" Toy & Collectible Show
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2009, 12:17 AM »
Just an update that Peter Mayhew will be signing ALL 3 days and not just Sat and Sun. I'll be set up there(not sure where yet since it's a new venue) but look for the SABRESEDGE  banner or 4 tables worth of SW goodness! 8)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2009, 01:00 AM »
We're doing dinner Friday night (the locals) if you wanna join us James.  Just let me know.  I have your cell # I believe.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline sabresedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2009, 02:24 AM »
We're doing dinner Friday night (the locals) if you wanna join us James.  Just let me know.  I have your cell # I believe.

It's a possibility. I'll be at the show until 7pm and then hotel check in. I have to see what the wifey wants to do as well. I just PM'd you my cell in case you don't have it. 8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2009, 02:25 AM »
Cool man.  I'll see you Friday afternoon if nothing else...  Not sure when everyone's doing dinner, so we'll have to see but I hope you guys can make it.  I'm not likely to be there Saturday but rather Sunday I think.  Pen's tickets for Saturday.  I'll see you at the show either way, man.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: December 1, 2009, 02:48 AM »
A scant few days off and Steel City Con is back.  I'm anxious to see the show, the new location it's at (which is right beside its original home in Monroeville...  I'm just happy it's back in Monroeville), and of course to see everyone in attendance.

I'm also anxious to donate some toys to the Pennsylvania Star Wars Collecting Society's toy drive in coordination with the 501st Legion's Garrison Carrida.  They do this every year around the holidays, and you can donate packaged Star Wars items (or other toys I believe) at the show.  I'm going to donate some Clone Wars toys I think since I guess that's what the kiddies love!  I'm really trying to be conscious of this stuff this year more than ever.  I've been really saddened by the number of "gift trees" at local churches and establishments.  :-\

As always I'm hoping to attend at least 2 days this year.  I'm definitely making it for Friday, and I believe the majority of the PSWCS guys and I are attending dinner afterwards.  Sunday I'd like to get back to the show.  Saturday I've got Pen's tickets so I'm not going to make it then I'm afraid.

For those of you into horror stuff too, the new location is just outside the Monroeville Mall, the filming site of the original Dawn of the Dead, and in general it's close to downtown Pittsburgh.  A pretty nice suburb to stay at if you're coming in from a ways out of town and wishing to stay.  Plus the Holiday Inn Monroeville still has rooms left at the show rate I believe.

If you're coming in, and want to meet up and say hey, I'm gonna be there Friday for sure, so contact me here and we'll exchange info!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2010, 02:02 AM »
Man, it was just December for the last one, but already another Steel City Con is coming to Monroeville's Convention Center in a month!  As always I am planning to attend the show, which is taking place February 26th, 27th, and 28th in Monroeville, PA.  

For those who are into horror stuff too, the show's right near the Monroeville Mall, which was the sight of the original Dawn of the Dead filming.

I plan to attend either Saturday or Sunday, and of course the Pennsylvania Star Wars Collecting Society and the 501st's Garrison Carrida will be on hand.  

Also Matthew Wood, the voice of General Grievous, was just announced as attending the show, which i believe is his first appearance at a show here.

If you're attending, drop me a PM and we can meet up and hang out!  I'm all about visiting with the fans, and so soon after Toy Fair there's bound to be a lot to talk about!  If you've got any questions you drop me a note, or visit www.SteelCityCon.com to learn all you need to know to attend.

Thanks, and see  ya at the show!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:03 AM by Jesse James »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2010, 03:19 AM »

I just noticed this banner at the top of the website - sure makes we wish Pittsburgh was closer so I could check it out!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2010, 02:57 AM »
It gets a fair number of people...  I guess I never realized it was that big.  I enjoy it though, but if you're ever in town Jess, we'll have to hang out all weekend...  :)

Just a 1.5 weeks away and another one...  I'm hoping they're spaced out a little bit in the future.  Dec then Feb is a bit close for my tastes, but at least it means some quality time with my local buds too.  That's never bad.  ;D  Well, the hangovers can be I guess.

Offline pghtorchwood

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2010, 11:28 PM »
I'm totally going.  I had a ball at the last one.  I hope to be able to pick up another stuffed Ewok, so mine doesn't get lonely when I leave him all day. I also bought new shoes that I can't wait to premiere at the show.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2010, 12:35 AM »
You need to meet up with the other Pittsburgh collectors Torchwood...  If you want my cell # to give me a call Saturday if you wanna hang out, just let me know and I'll PM it to you.

We're going to do lunch I think, show up for the morning and hang out then for lunch.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: July 6, 2010, 09:02 PM »
Pittsburgh's Steel City Con returns in just one month (August 6th, 7th, & 8th) to the Monroeville Convention Center.  Are you ready? 

Head on out to our front page, www.JediDefender.com, or go to www.SteelCityCon.com, to get the scoop! 

Star Wars actor Jake Lloyd is making his first appearance in Pittsburgh and heading up the celebrity guest list!  This show grows every year, so make sure you hit this up before Celebration 5, or you'll miss out on one of the largest shows in the East!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2010, 12:30 AM »
It's back again...

Pittsburgh's Steel City Con is returning December 3rd to the 5th!

This show is always the biggest, right before Christmas, and the PSWCS and 501st's Garrison Carida are always there to hold their charity toy drive.  Bring unopened toys, any toy really (but Star Wars is appreciated the most since the 501st give them out at hospitals), and donate!  It's that simple, and it's the time of year when giving should be in everyone's hearts.

Visit The Steel City Con Website for more details! 

So far, Daniel Logan is making an appearance among other celebrity guests.  This show's incredibly convenient to get to from any number of east coast locations.  It's held just 15 minutes outside downtown Pittsburgh in Monroeville, PA's Convention Center. 

Look forward to everyone being there, and PM me or email if you are going and maybe we can hang out for lunch/dinner whenever the PSWCS group gets together!

Offline sabresedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2010, 12:53 AM »
I'll be there with lots of Modern and Vintage for sale and looking forward to a great attendance with it being right before Christmas. I'm right smack in the middle of the show in row G, so stop by and say hey. If you guys are having a dinner again on Friday LMK, and maybe we'll come out for a bit.

James

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2010, 03:18 AM »
Will do James, and maybe we'll do Primanti's so you can experience the big sammies with everything. :)

My schedule's still up in the air as to what days I'm attending.  I'm hoping to get to two though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: February 3, 2011, 03:28 AM »

Steel City Con is back, March 4th, 5th, & 6th.

It returns to the Monroeville Convention Center, located in Monroeville, PA.  This lovely suburb of Pittsburgh is home to the Monroeville Mall (just outside the con center), where the original Dawn of the Dead was filmed.  The show's featuring a long celebrity guest list already, and is always a treasure trove of Star Wars toys/collectibles.

Sometimes the newest stuff is around in abundance, other times it's Vintage that's in good quantity and quality.  You just never know!

www.SteelCityCon.com  <=== Visit!  The PSWCS and Jedi Defender will be there, as will the 501st's Garrison Carrida!  Hope to see you there!