Author Topic: Pittsburgh's "Steel City Con" Toy & Collectible Show  (Read 67620 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Pittsburgh's "Steel City Con" Toy & Collectible Show
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2014, 08:14 PM »
There is a Primantis right there too.  Walking distance of that Olive Garden really just up a light or two.  Any time you have free time when you come in for the show let me know! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #181 on: July 8, 2014, 03:05 AM »
Bumpity bump.

Pittsburgh's Steel City Con (www.SteelCityCon.com) returns to the Monreoville Convention Center just East of downtown Pittsburgh, on August 8th, 9th, & 10th!

Steel City Con has grown, and doubled in size recently, and it has so much to offer that it's much more than just a toy show now...  There are costume contests, gaming tournaments, celebrities, special guests, panels, and more. 

The show has a pretty big celeb list, and they've wrangled another Star Trek: The Next Generation celeb with Levar Burton for the first time.  Pretty awesome...  I was really kind of star truck by seeing Jonathan Frakes and Brent Spiner actually.  The Star Wars celebs don't even get me as much as those guys did.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttt, Billy Dee Williams is returning to the show in August, and it's always cool to see him.  He was a pretty nice guy when I met him last time too.  Wonder if he'll get pestered about what he's doing for Rebels since he leaked his involvement in some capacity?

Penny Marshall is attending too, which kind of surprised me...  She doesn't strike me as someone who would go signing autographs considering everything she's accomplished in Hollywood.

3 Day Passes go fast now, and get you priority seating at events, and into the show earlier than non pass holders.

The show's spaced out a bit from SDCC now too as that was a conflict in the past.  Smart thinking on the promoter's part IMO.

As always I'll be there, and I'd really love to see some Jedi Defender fans there as well!  Hit me up if you're attending, and we can hang out after for some dinner with members of the PSWCS if you feel like, or just chat a bit and say hey.

If you have ANY questions on attending you can contact the show itself or you can contact me as well.  I'm always happy to act as an ambassador for the city and the area.  I love telling people where they should try eating while they're in town. :)

www.SteelCityCon.com

I'll be attending as will members of the PSWCS throughout the weekend...  I have a few Vintage wants I'm going to be tracking down this show now that I put my loose figure collection out.  I need some upgrades and a Wicket for some reason.

I'm still tracking a few things down since the last show actually.

This show's always great for Star Wars...  Vintage, I felt, made a bit of a comeback at the last show in April...  Saw a good deal of good deals, as it were.  Quality pieces for better than Ebay prices.

Look forward to going, and hopefully seeing some of you at the show!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2014, 08:29 PM »

Pittsburgh's Steel City Con (www.SteelCityCon.com) returns to the Monreoville Convention Center just East of downtown Pittsburgh, on August 8th, 9th, & 10th!

Steel City Con returns in just under 2 weeks.  You coming to the show?  It's not just SDCC with a monopoly on good cons this time of year!  I'm always excited to see the vendors coming back with the exclusives and who, if any, lucked out.

It also lets you know who actually attended from the NE that set up here.

I'll be there, as will many PSWCS members, and I'd love to say hello if you're attending and want to meet up just to shoot the breeze a little bit!  Hit me up, but either way you'll want to make it as the Steel City Con continues to grow, year in and year out!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2014, 04:44 AM »
Steel City Con returns in a couple weeks to Pittsburgh...  Anyone JD attending outside of the normal locals I know going?  I always look forward to the December show the most, aside from possible weather hiccups. 

If you're attending, hit us up!  Would love to say hi, maybe grab a bite to eat after the show too.  The locals always try to do dinner and beer afterwards.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: December 3, 2014, 02:02 AM »

Pittsburgh's Steel City Con (www.SteelCityCon.com) returns to the Monreoville Convention Center just East of downtown Pittsburgh, on THIS weekend, December 5th, 6th, and 7th.  Attending?  Peter Mayhew is!  And the Star Trek DS9/TNG guests keep rolling in too.

I'm hoping to see some locals and some not-so-locals as always.  :)  Hope some of you guys can make the trip sometime.  The December show is always the biggest and a nice time of year to visit the city in general if you wanted to.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #185 on: July 3, 2015, 02:23 AM »

It's hard to believe it's already that time again!  Pittsburgh's Steel City Con (www.SteelCityCon.com) returns to the Monreoville Convention Center just East of downtown Pittsburgh, on August 7th to 9th!  Just a month away from another great show.

Matthew Wood is the Star Wars guest this time around, and that's pretty awesome because I think he was only here once before and I completely missed him for some reason or another.  He's a pretty interactive guy, so that's always fun.

Also the PSWCS is holding its annual Summer Social in Pittsburgh this year, and as such, they've scheduled it the same weekend as Steel City Con, so this one is going to be even bigger than usual for myself and the guys in the PSWCS state-wide.  I don't make many of the socials since they spread around the state in a rotation, but I do try to make this one and the Penn State one if I am able to make the trip to State College.

I'm hoping to keep my ASP-7 streak going, though I gotta admit, ASP-7 droids aren't as common as they once were.  It's possibly the dumbest streak in collecting, so let's all cross our fingers on this one!  And that it's under $5.  It should be.

And yes, ASP-7 has a friggin' figure!  Who knew right?

But aside from that I have my sights set on a few particulars this time around, and am hoping to snatch up a couple of things for cheap as well.  I always manage to spend more than I budgeted.

IF you're coming in for the show, you'll want to pre-order your tickets online.  Trust me, you'll just want to do this.

And if you are in town from out of the area hit me up and we'll grab a beer after on Friday maybe?  I'll be there for sure and am looking forward to another great SCC!  :D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #186 on: November 26, 2015, 07:20 PM »
Another www.SteelCityCon.com is here in just a week.  Anxious to get back to the show.  Last time I was pretty sick...  This time, not sure, haha.  Anyway, if you're planning to attend from out of town, feel free to hit me up as I should be there!

John Ratzenberger is at this show but not really advertising him as the Star Wars part (obviously?), but I know lots of folks going just to get his autograph.

The show's cos-play is getting better every time I've noticed too.  Last time I was there, there was an amazing 3PO costume that just blew my mind.  It was perfect.

And if all works as planned, I'll get another ASP-7 of course.  :-X

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2016, 12:08 AM »
And rolling back into town in a month is another www.SteelCityCon.com to Pittsburgh.  They've sort of tried to move their show time around San Diego Comic-Con I've noticed, so this show is now August 12th-14th this year.  I'm sure it makes booking celebs difficult.

If you plan to attend, they actually sold out of 3Day badges already, and now just have individual day passes available...  So get thee to the pre-order if you want to visit town.

A ton of horror guests this show, and Christopher Lloyd which surprised me that he does shows now.  I figured he just sat back and chilled.