Community > Conventions

Pittsburgh's "Steel City Con" Toy & Collectible Show

<< < (38/38)

Jesse James:

It's hard to believe it's already that time again!  Pittsburgh's Steel City Con (www.SteelCityCon.com) returns to the Monreoville Convention Center just East of downtown Pittsburgh, on August 7th to 9th!  Just a month away from another great show.

Matthew Wood is the Star Wars guest this time around, and that's pretty awesome because I think he was only here once before and I completely missed him for some reason or another.  He's a pretty interactive guy, so that's always fun.

Also the PSWCS is holding its annual Summer Social in Pittsburgh this year, and as such, they've scheduled it the same weekend as Steel City Con, so this one is going to be even bigger than usual for myself and the guys in the PSWCS state-wide.  I don't make many of the socials since they spread around the state in a rotation, but I do try to make this one and the Penn State one if I am able to make the trip to State College.

I'm hoping to keep my ASP-7 streak going, though I gotta admit, ASP-7 droids aren't as common as they once were.  It's possibly the dumbest streak in collecting, so let's all cross our fingers on this one!  And that it's under $5.  It should be.

And yes, ASP-7 has a friggin' figure!  Who knew right?

But aside from that I have my sights set on a few particulars this time around, and am hoping to snatch up a couple of things for cheap as well.  I always manage to spend more than I budgeted.

IF you're coming in for the show, you'll want to pre-order your tickets online.  Trust me, you'll just want to do this.

And if you are in town from out of the area hit me up and we'll grab a beer after on Friday maybe?  I'll be there for sure and am looking forward to another great SCC!  :D

Jesse James:
Another www.SteelCityCon.com is here in just a week.  Anxious to get back to the show.  Last time I was pretty sick...  This time, not sure, haha.  Anyway, if you're planning to attend from out of town, feel free to hit me up as I should be there!

John Ratzenberger is at this show but not really advertising him as the Star Wars part (obviously?), but I know lots of folks going just to get his autograph.

The show's cos-play is getting better every time I've noticed too.  Last time I was there, there was an amazing 3PO costume that just blew my mind.  It was perfect.

And if all works as planned, I'll get another ASP-7 of course.  :-X

Jesse James:
And rolling back into town in a month is another www.SteelCityCon.com to Pittsburgh.  They've sort of tried to move their show time around San Diego Comic-Con I've noticed, so this show is now August 12th-14th this year.  I'm sure it makes booking celebs difficult.

If you plan to attend, they actually sold out of 3Day badges already, and now just have individual day passes available...  So get thee to the pre-order if you want to visit town.

A ton of horror guests this show, and Christopher Lloyd which surprised me that he does shows now.  I figured he just sat back and chilled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version