Author Topic: From Insider 78 - 50 Factoids about the OT  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
From Insider 78 - 50 Factoids about the OT
« on: October 1, 2004, 09:45 AM »
For those of you who have received (or picked up) Insider issue #78, they have a feature called "50 Factoids About the Original Star Wars Trilogy".  I just got a chance to start reading through some of them last night, and noticed a few interesting things:

First off, under the section "Freeze Frame Fun" (No. 13 in specific), that factoid reads like this:

"The Ice Cream Guy As reported in Insider #49, the Ice Cream Guy can be found among the evacuees in Cloud City, lugging a piece of equipment that looks remarkably like an ice cream maker.  He remains one of our favorite cameos, and we're still holding out for the novel Tales of the Ice Cream Guy. - I just thought of Scott when I read this, and didn't see it mentioned anywhere else.

There are a number of other cool facts, including a different idea for the climax of ROTJ, original concepts and ideas for characters and scenes that weren't used, and much more.  I won't post anything else word for word here, but if you have/are getting/or are considering picking up the Insider, it is an interesting read.  Just had to mention the Ice Cream Maker Guy in here though ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: From Insider 78 - 50 Factoids about the OT
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2004, 09:47 AM »
I saw that Brian :)  I can't help but think that without my tireless efforts, the Ice Cream Maker Guy would slip away into obscurity :P