Author Topic: 2004-05 JediDefender Fantasy Basketball  (Read 72205 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender Fantasy Basketball
« Reply #435 on: January 19, 2005, 12:41 PM »
Just noticed that I'm near the bottom in terms of number of games played.  Is that just because of the way the shchedule is working out?  Or am I doing something wrong?  I haven't been changing my roster up - should I be trying to get lots of guys to play each night or if I just leave my best 7 guys in will I, in the end, get the same number of games played as everyone else?

Went to my first basketball game last night - Mavs/Wizards - pretty fun, got to watch from a luxury box and see two guys on my team have a big night.

Fun stuff.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #436 on: January 19, 2005, 01:14 PM »
Perhaps your guys have been hurt this year, that would mean you could substitute some players a few nights in a row to try and catch up

There is a link on your team page called:

Maximum Games Played (it's down near the bottom)

It should tell you what your pace is over an 82 game season and whether you could do some substitutions

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 19, 2005, 03:24 PM »
Didn't know that utility was there - that helps a lot.

Thanks!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 1, 2005, 10:17 AM »
Waivers suck.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2005, 10:19 AM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 16, 2005, 10:31 AM »
So if you have a player who's supposed to play one night, but he gets the flu and ends up being a last minute decision to sit out - do you still get charged a Game Played if you don't know that he's going to end up sitting and you leave him on the roster for that night?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 16, 2005, 05:24 PM »
So if you have a player who's supposed to play one night, but he gets the flu and ends up being a last minute decision to sit out - do you still get charged a Game Played if you don't know that he's going to end up sitting and you leave him on the roster for that night?

No, you don't get charged a game played until the player spends 1 second of official time on the court.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 17, 2005, 07:18 PM »
It sure does seam like a lot of good top 5 round players are or were injured or suspended at some point this season.  Baron Davis, Ron Artest, Jermaine O'Neal, Andrei Kirilenko, Richard Jefferson, Jamal Crawford, LeBron James, Chris Webber, Jason Kidd, Larry Hughes, Al Harrington, Vince Carter, Ben Wallace, Pau Gasol, Peja Stojakovic, Kobe Bryant.

And now Zach Randolph is out again, and Kevin Garnett looks like he's playing on a bum left knee and could go down at any time.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 07:34 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 22, 2005, 05:54 PM »

No, you don't get charged a game played until the player spends 1 second of official time on the court.

Good to know.

Now I'm gonna push my way into the top 5!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #443 on: February 25, 2005, 10:00 AM »
I just picked up Joel Przybilla...here's my story

A guy in my real world Fantasy Football league played high school hoops for our hometown.  Joel played high school ball two towns over and in their senior year they met up.  My buddy held Joel to 4 points that night and stuffed him.  We give him **** all of the time about how he should be in the NBA if he's doing that to Prizz

He's on a tear though, and I need rebounding and shot blocking bad bad bad...hopefully Peja comes back soon and I can start gaining some ground back

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 25, 2005, 04:29 PM »
Need Rebounds?

...trade propsed.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 25, 2005, 10:42 PM »
I wish I understood how this worked in the first place :-[ ::)  I kinda have a grasp on it, but can't quite figure out why Dressel's total never varies much.  Actually since about a month into the season, there's been very little movement at all. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 25, 2005, 10:54 PM »
I wish I understood how this worked in the first place :-[ ::)  I kinda have a grasp on it, but can't quite figure out why Dressel's total never varies much.  Actually since about a month into the season, there's been very little movement at all. 

Remind you of any other fantasy sport OCB?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 25, 2005, 11:02 PM »
Presumably baseball was like that?  Would that mean there's a problem with the scoring or is it just you gloating :P

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 25, 2005, 11:06 PM »
Presumably baseball was like that?  Would that mean there's a problem with the scoring or is it just you gloating :P

Clearly it's a glitch  :-X

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 25, 2005, 11:10 PM »
Really?  I've just been a bit baffled.  I looked at your players and then looked at mine, since for most of the season I've been fairly close.  Not that I did a great job drafting, just that I ended up taking a pile of Phoenix guys that have played really well so my team ended up pretty good.  I couldn't figure out why I was still number two when I had seven guys in the top 50 (this years weekly/monthly rank) when you didn't.  Honestly, I don't understand the scoring system and maybe I'm really deficient in an area that keeps me down.