Author Topic: nip/tuck  (Read 19655 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: nip/tuck
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2005, 11:47 PM »
Man, J.E. Freeman was practically unrecognizable as Denny.  I never would have guessed that was him in a million years if I hadn't caught his name in the opening credits.

The opening sequence leading up to the pier was probably the best opening of a season I've seen since the year that "Seinfeld" opened with Susan's funeral (although in a completely different way).  I knew something was up, but the longer it went on, the less sure I was about it and then they cleared it all up with one sentence, not unlike Bill's theory earlier: "And that's when I wake up."

Two things I'm wondering about/anticipating:

1.  Matt's injuries as shown in brief shots during the "this season" teaser seem to be pretty extensive.  Did Christian chop off his legs and leave him burning on the side of a volcano or something?  ;)

2.  "Sexually fixated masochistic who is obsessed with appearances": since we know it's not Christian, could it be that the detective is setting up the "other third" as the prime suspect for the Carver case?

Overall, great season opener, but DAMN THIS INTERMINABLE SEVEN DAY WAIT!  Where's Samara/Sadako when you need her?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2005, 12:35 AM »
1.  Matt's injuries as shown in brief shots during the "this season" teaser seem to be pretty extensive.  Did Christian chop off his legs and leave him burning on the side of a volcano or something?  ;)

I mentioned that to my friend. I said to him, "Gee, I wonder how he'll stay cool in all black armor in that Miami heat?"

And as horrible as it is to imagine, all I could think of is when his coffin got jammed, how much I wanted the guy who was opperating the switch to hop up and down on that sweet pine box, and try and stuff it in the hole. I'm horrible.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2005, 01:08 AM »
I think the new doc from Atlanta is WAY too obvious to become the carver.  Besides... he was in Atlanta.  It would be WAY too easy to track his travels.  AND it would be too big a coincidence.

Great episode tonight.  The british cop is a hottie.  I recognize her from someplace.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2005, 07:08 AM »
The british cop is a hottie.  I recognize her from someplace.
Among other things, I'm sure, she was on The Practice with James Spader for a couple of seasons.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2005, 07:11 AM »

Yeah -- Christian got pissed because Matt went to Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon. ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2005, 12:15 PM »
The opening sequence leading up to the pier was probably the best opening of a season I've seen since the year that "Seinfeld" opened with Susan's funeral (although in a completely different way).  I knew something was up, but the longer it went on, the less sure I was about it and then they cleared it all up with one sentence, not unlike Bill's theory earlier: "And that's when I wake up."

Agreed. I began to think he seriously was dead--N/T is the kind of show where they really would have the balls to kill off a primary character in the season opener.

2.  "Sexually fixated masochistic who is obsessed with appearances": since we know it's not Christian, could it be that the detective is setting up the "other third" as the prime suspect for the Carver case?

SPECULATION/POSSIBLE SPOILER

Am I the only one who's been thinking of Kimber all along? My memories of last season are fuzzy--she was never attacked by the Carver was she? ???

END POSSIBLE SPOILER

The british cop is a hottie.  I recognize her from someplace.
Among other things, I'm sure, she was on The Practice with James Spader for a couple of seasons.

And Boston Legal.

In '04 she was also in that Spartacus TV movie with Goran Visnjic from E.R.

Rhona Mitra
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 12:17 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2005, 01:48 PM »
SPECULATION/POSSIBLE SPOILER

Am I the only one who's been thinking of Kimber all along? My memories of last season are fuzzy--she was never attacked by the Carver was she? ???

If we're thinking that it was a woman then my vote would have to be for Julia -- she sure has enough anger to be the Carver.

[

END POSSIBLE SPOILER

« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 01:52 PM by tamidala »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2005, 01:55 PM »
Since its a new season, do we still need to worry about spoiling the previous two seasons?  Can we speculate freely or should we still protect info from people who haven't seen the previous episodes yet?  Which is the best way to handle it since its out there now?

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2005, 03:59 PM »
I say spoil away. Most of the big plot points from the first two have been/will be "spoiled" in season III, anyway.

But if people want, I suppose we could split into Spoiler and Spoiler-free threads.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 04:00 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2005, 04:17 PM »
Okay, this post is full of spoilers, so anyone who doesn't want to find anything out about Seasons 1 and 2, please click away now, as I relinquish all responsibility from this sentence on.   ;)

I had initially ignored the possibility that Kimber was a suspect due to the physical strength issues, but now that I've rewatched Season 2 on DVD, I'm thinking that it could be her, since all the victims we've seen were drugged prior to their attack and/or rape.  Kimber would definitely have motive (her looks have been a curse more than a blessing) and she would have access to some potent drugs due to her own habit and/or time spent living with the already-dubious Merrill Bobolit.  And then, hey, she's shown she's kinky enough to have strap-on dildos laying around the house, so there you go.

My first suspect was Liz, since the Carver victims started to show up right around the time she had the abortion.  She told Christian that she wanted "one of the parents to be beautiful" and she had often been the staunch anti-plastic surgery spokesperson around office, often belittling Sean and Christian for doing boob jobs and tummy tucks for vain women with a lot of money.  She had access to the drugs, she had knowledge of physiology, and she had a personal motive (the hatred of outside being more than the inside), but at the same time, the Carver was "getting back" at Sean for "correcting his work", pro bono, and since that's something Liz supported (the pro bono work for people who actually needed surgery), I don't know how they could reconcile the disparity.

At this point, I think it's easier to figure out who ISN'T the Carver than it is to figure out who IS.  With that in mind, here's who I've disqualified from the race:

-Christian (for obvious reasons)
-Quentin Costa (he's been otherwise engaged in Atlanta)
-Annie McNamara (she's nine)
-Adrian Moore (he's dead)

I wonder if this is how my mom felt when J.R. got shot?   :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2005, 06:39 PM »
I definatley think it's Liz.

Thats my vote, and I'm sticking to it.

The buisness card was the final nail in the coffin.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2005, 06:58 PM »
I don't think the Carver is anyone they know.  The Carver first attacked outside their circle.  I wanna say McNamara heard about it on the news or something, but I forget.  He initiated contact with the victim.  So the chances that it was someone they knew ahead of time would be ridiculously remote.  How could anyone predict McNamara would initiate that contact?  So you'd have to conclude it's just some psycho.  If they know the Carver, it's because the Carver initiated a relationship with them AFTER the first attack and surgery.  Hey... maybe it's the British cop!!!

But I could be remembering wrong.  Did anyone refer them to the first victim?

Funny note... the actress who played the Carver's first victim - Leslie Bibb - was a hall-mate of my wife their first year in college.   ;D

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2005, 07:08 PM »
Ah... the British cop is Rhona Mitra.  I guess I recognize her from Hollow Man.  She was also the model who posed as Laura Croft all over the place!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2005, 07:49 PM »

But I could be remembering wrong.  Did anyone refer them to the first victim?

Actually, the first victim (Leslie Bibb) was a "walk-in" IIRC.  That was the episode where Bobbi whatshername was harrassing them about her "botched" liposuction, and the news reporter came to do an attack piece on McNamara/Troy, but ended up doing a story on the pro bono cases.  It was after the first case that the police started asking Sean and Christian to work on the other Carver victims.

Funny note... the actress who played the Carver's first victim - Leslie Bibb - was a hall-mate of my wife their first year in college.

She wouldn't happen to know her well, would she?  She wouldn't happen to know if she's looking for a nerd, would she?  She wouldn't happen to have really low standards, would she?  :-*  ;)  :-*

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2005, 08:44 PM »
Ah that's right... she was a walk-in.  So I guess she could have been in union with the Carver, or the Carver's alter-ego could have pointed her in their direction.  Still, it'd a bit far-fetched for one of the regulars to have executed such a scheme successfully.

And no, my wife doesn't know her that well.  Sorry.   ;)