Author Topic: nip/tuck  (Read 19740 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: nip/tuck
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2005, 05:21 PM »
There was also Sean's mentor... that drunk who was doing transexual operations out of his appartment in season 1.  He probably wasn't all that happy when Sean shut him down.  Not that he really has the mental sharpness necessary to pull off the Carver.

But again, it all comes back to how the Carver would get his victims into McNamara/Troy.  His attacks against Sean and Christian came in response to their interference with his work.  It's pretty convoluted to think that he somehow started the attacks hoping Mc/Troy would fix the damage, so he could in turn terrorize them.  So again, it makes the most sense that it will be someone who came to the series after the Carver attacks started.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2005, 12:31 AM »
It's the last one (the access to the anesthesia in McNamara/Troy) that throws a monkey wrench into all our theories, it seems. :)  And going by that list, the vast majority of them could apply to Matt as well (even though I'm reasonably sure it's not him, I think, maybe, uhhh, possibly).

[...]

And that last part is an interesting point, Nathan: what if the Carver isn't working alone?  What if there is more than one Carver, in a manner of speaking?  We already know that Kimber isn't averse to same-sex relations, so the possibility that she and Liz are complicit in the Carver situation, stemming from a secret romantic affair is something for me to think about.

Whoa. Now there's something I'd not considered--I only got as far as thinking bribery (but then, Liz seems too honest to fall for that).

Thus far I've tried to keep my thinking down to a single Carver, since once you start postulating an accomplice it's too easy to slip into theorizing a conspiracy where every problem can be solved by adding another member. But if (and obviously that's a ginormous IF) the Carver is not Christian, Sean, Liz, or that new doc (Quentin right? My memory for names really does suck :P), then we almost HAVE to assume an accomplice, right?

And I don't think it's Matt--too obviously unstable. Same for the British lady cop. More likely it's someone who doesn't blatantly radiate "I DONE GONE COMPLETELY OFF THE DEEP END!"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 12:36 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2005, 10:57 PM »
HOLY ****!   Best ending ever!

I was half-expecting it to be Kimber.  Psycho British cop would have been the last one on my list if I was making a guess.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2005, 07:12 AM »
Great ending.  Sorta adds fuel to the theory that the Carver is someone we know.   Perhaps he/she went after Psycho British cop b/c of her treatment of Christian?  :-\  Or perhpaps the Carver simply got pissed that the wrong person got credit and wanted to shut the whole thing down.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2005, 11:07 AM »
Just adding some fuel to the Liz theory fire:  Did anyone else catch how she simply walked in, did her anesthetic on the patient, and walked out, not saying a word when Sean and Quentin were doing surgery?  And she had this "up to something" look on her face while she did it.  Plus, when Christian returned to the office, her greeting/response seemed to be pretty stilted.

So, I guess at this point we can add "access to Troy semen" to the list of offenders, unless the British cop actually did plant the used condom.  That would narrow it down to about 1000000 women in the Miami area, but for the purposes of the show, it would narrow it down to Kimber, the British cop, and Liz, all of whom have had access to the Troy baby batter in one way or another over the time period since the Carver surfaced.

I'm seriously leaning more and more toward a Liz-Kimber team right now, but I'm probably (definitely) wrong.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2005, 11:43 AM »
I've been thinking... why would the Carver frame Christian for the murder, only to exonerate him the next day?  What, he murdered the woman, planted the condom, and when he saw the news report that his scheme actually worked he goes out and attacks the cop who arrested the guy he was trying to frame??

That would lead me to conclude that the psycho British cop actually did plant the evidence.  When the Carver saw the news report that Christian leaked, he got pissed and went out to get his due credit.

BTW, when they showed the flashbacks at the beginning of the show, they showed the scene where the Carver attacked the fraud.  There's a good shot that clearly showed the Carver's physique.  Unless they fudge it, he's clearly a tall man with a medium build.  He was lean with a slight gut.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2005, 12:19 PM »
I've been thinking... why would the Carver frame Christian for the murder, only to exonerate him the next day?  What, he murdered the woman, planted the condom, and when he saw the news report that his scheme actually worked he goes out and attacks the cop who arrested the guy he was trying to frame??

That would lead me to conclude that the psycho British cop actually did plant the evidence.  When the Carver saw the news report that Christian leaked, he got pissed and went out to get his due credit.

Good point.  Perhaps someone DID try and frame Christian -- just not the Carver.  As said before, it could be any number of people.  Matt was pretty pissed at him for screwing the love of his life.  It still wouldn't surprise me to find out that Julia was involved -- I still say that there is  A LOT of anger there..............
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2005, 12:27 PM »
:o Shite! I totally did not see that ending coming!

When they said there was another victim, at first I suspected it was one of the characters we know: Kimber, Matt, etc. But Christian didn't hardly react when he entered the office, so I figured maybe it was just a stranger after all.

Wow! I guess that shoots down the idea of her being the Carver ... but then again it could be self-inflicted like she accused Christian of doing. Hey, she already had the plan worked out and it would explain how she was so quick to accuse him of doing it.

But Bill's and Tracy's point is well-taken ... most likely whoever planted the evidence was not the Carver.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2005, 09:14 PM »
But Bill's and Tracy's point is well-taken ... most likely whoever planted the evidence was not the Carver.

I'm really torn on this point.  If it wasn't the Carver or someone in league with him, are we to assume that the British cop did all this just to get back at Christian for his dumping her?  I've heard of some jilted lover revenge plots that are pretty extreme before, but fictional embellishment aside, this would have taken a lot of work on her part.  Plus, from a fictional standpoint, it would have gotten her expelled from her job (which she still may be); from a real-world standpoint, if she was responsible for framing Christian on her own, the character should not get any sympathy from the audience. 

Even the worst characters (as far as morality goes) have had some redeeming quality, no matter how small.  All we have seen from her is "ice cold bitch" and "psychotic revenge woman", so in my eyes, there is nothing to redeem her.

And come on, saving a condom for what had to be several weeks since their last sexual encounter?  On the revenge side of things, that shows some pretty extensive premeditation and/or the fact that she is still with Kimber on the side; on the hygiene side of things, well, ICK.   :P

I'm sticking with Liz on her own, or Liz with help from Kimber.  Either way, I'm dying to know how it all turns out.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2005, 10:41 PM »
I think the Psycho British Cop was so convinced that Christian was the Carver that she decided to cook up a little extra evidence.  Like they said - cops do it all the time.

Or maybe she was bluffing to coax a confession out of him.  Maybe the "mistake" she found at the crime scene wasn't the condom, though that it was was clearly implied.  When she whips out the condom which supposedly implicates him, she hopes he'll panics thinking maybe he forgot to take it with him and spills the beans.  It's a stretch... but maybe.

Hopefully they'll clear it up rather than hope everyone forgets about it. 

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2005, 12:57 AM »
Christian's comment about the new recovery spa being run by a d y k e, a whore and a housewife in this weeks episode was hilarious and oh so true. I enjoyed this weeks episode. Things are becoming more complicated in every characters life again.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 12:58 AM by Commander Cody »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2005, 11:25 PM »
Whoa!  I guess that shoots down the whole Kimber-Liz theory!   I just knew last week when the door opened in the bride's room that it was the Carver.  When Sean went to get Christian I assumed it was because he found a mutilated/attacked Kimber.  The fact that the Carver is holding Kimber and made her write the letter changes everything.  It seems the Carver's problem is specifically with Christian.  I would've thought Gina -- but she is way too tiny and too obvious.  I'm still thinking Julia -- maybe she's got Kimber down in the basement of that old renovated building.  She has been putting in a lot of time there lately............

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2005, 11:26 PM »
It's been a few weeks of plot-heavy episodes.  Good stuff, but not all that shocking.  But todays... man.  Talk about some disturbing stuff. 

Christian the tortured sadist.  Matt the racist.  Quentin setting up Julia for a big fall.  A lot of stuff happened this week.

And you know, I had a strong suspicion that the Carver had something to do with Kimber's disappearance.  The way the door opened while she was looking in the mirror...  I was pretty sure I knew what was going on.  Of course, I would have looked much smarter if I'd posted it last week.  Now we gotta wonder if she's dead or just caged.  I'm betting caged.

How'd she write out that note without getting any blood on it?

Next week's looks like a killer episode.  Lots of gore.  Lots of emotion.  Rough stuff.  I can't wait!

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2005, 11:39 PM »
And you know, I had a strong suspicion that the Carver had something to do with Kimber's disappearance.  The way the door opened while she was looking in the mirror...  I was pretty sure I knew what was going on.  Of course, I would have looked much smarter if I'd posted it last week. 

I know!  Right before it came on I thought "I forgot to post my suspicions that the Carver was the one who opened the door at the Church" Oh well.  Bill -- I thought the same thing about the blood too -- I half expected Christian to find a small amount on the letter.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2005, 11:43 PM »
Whoa!  I guess that shoots down the whole Kimber-Liz theory!   I just knew last week when the door opened in the bride's room that it was the Carver.  When Sean went to get Christian I assumed it was because he found a mutilated/attacked Kimber. 

I thought the exact same thing. I don't know why, but I think that would have made a hell of an episode. Actually, I was thinking that she was going to come running down the aisle with her face bloody and slashed.

The fact that the Carver is holding Kimber and made her write the letter changes everything.  It seems the Carver's problem is specifically with Christian.  I would've thought Gina -- but she is way too tiny and too obvious.  I'm still thinking Julia -- maybe she's got Kimber down in the basement of that old renovated building.  She has been putting in a lot of time there lately............

But wasn't Julia at the wedding in the room with Christian when she was abducted? I don't know why but I still have a feeling that Quentin has something to do with all of this. The only other people missing from the wedding were Liz and Matt. But I don't think Matt is large enough from the shots we've seen of the carver so far.

I actually hope they just make it an unknown character instead of trying to bring some disgruntled person from the first or second season back as the carver. I also kinda wish they would just show us who it is already. I hate the fact that sometimes several episodes go by without anything shown about the carver.