Author Topic: OTC Holo Emperor  (Read 25417 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: SWS.com Exclusive Figure
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2004, 09:21 PM »
Via the Front page, Jesse lets us know about the latest from the official site...

OTC Holo Emperor

"StarWarsShop.com Exclusive: First Holographic Emperor Figure
July 14, 2004

"The Emperor commands you make contact with him." - Admiral Piett
An essential character from Hasbro's Original Trilogy Collection will be available exclusively through StarWarsShop.com. The mastermind of the dark plot that consumes the galaxy, Emperor Palpatine is presented as seen in Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back as an action figure for the very first time.

The ghastly visage of the twisted Emperor peers from beneath his heavy cowl as he contacts Darth Vader via hologram to inform him of a new threat. The Rebel that destroyed the Death Star is none other than the offspring of Anakin Skywalker. From this fateful communiqué, the Sith Lords concoct a new insidious scheme - they will corrupt Luke, and bring him to the dark side.

This new rendition of Emperor Palpatine is now cast in translucent plastic to simulate the ghostly hologram effect. Though only the upper body of the Emperor is seen during this broadcast, the entire figure has been molded, complete with a removable cane accessory to properly depict the character made famous by Ian McDiarmid.

The figure comes in Original Trilogy Collection packaging, with the black and silver Star Wars logo rendered in a style reminiscent of the original Kenner figures. The Emperor: Executor Transmission will be available worldwide only through StarWarsShop.com.

The figure is expected to ship in October 2004, in celebration of the Star Wars Trilogy DVD. However, as a special benefit to members of Hyperspace: The Official Star Wars Fan Club, the figure will be made first available for pre-order to members only starting in August. Quantities of the figure will be limited, so you'll want to sign-up today to be ready to reserve yours and enjoy access to other exclusive StarWarsShop.com offers, exclusive online content, six issues of Star Wars Insider magazine, and more."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 09:22 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2004, 09:23 PM »
I'm a Hyperspace member, but I signed up before they included Fan Club membership.
I wonder if I'm good for the preorder.

At least it's a figure I can do without, even if it is on a cool card.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2004, 09:24 PM »
Looks like the ORIGINAL PotF2 Emperor cast as a hologram.

At least it's not the holo-sidious version from Ep1 like I thought  :-[

I'll probably end up getting this one if I can find a Hyperspace stoolie to order me one...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2004, 09:28 PM »
I'm still waiting for my hyperspace code to work....not sure what the heck is going on but hopefully by August it will be fixed  ::).
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2004, 09:31 PM »
Keeping with the at least approach.... at least it's not that gawdawful Saga version of the emperor.  

I'm a fan club member, but not a hyperspace member, though I have no idea if it has transferred over because I no longer have a choice???  I think my membership expires around then anyway, so it probably won't matter.  I'll be picking one up :-[
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2004, 09:31 PM »
Looks like the ORIGINAL PotF2 Emperor cast as a hologram.

Jeff

Me thinks so too.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2004, 09:35 PM »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2004, 09:59 PM »
My source on this one is pretty firm...from the front page

As we reported yesterday StarWarsShop.com will have an Exclusive Figure this fall. The word on the street is that this will be an OTC Emperor Palpatine. Not sure if this will be a recarded Saga figure or a new sculpt at this time. Experience from the OTC line indicates a recard, however. Keep tuned for more info as we receive it.
 Ding Ding Ding...more proof that JD.com r00lz  :)

As for the figure, I'll buy 1 or 2, its not what I expected, I was hoping for a Giant Head :'(  But its unique enough to warrant a purchase

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2004, 10:09 PM »
But did you divine some of the information that I offered in my article, oh great old cocky bastard?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2004, 10:13 PM »
Yeah that's a good idea Nick...might be a confirmation that McDiarmid is in ESB now

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2004, 10:17 PM »
OCB, I was just thinking the exact same thing.  I'm going to miss those monkey eyes.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2004, 10:20 PM »
But did you divine some of the information that I offered in my article, oh great old cocky bastard?

Added a blowup of the card
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

SilverZ

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2004, 10:41 PM »
At least this serves as confirmation that Saga Palpatine officially sucks - Hasbro's not even reusing him. Heh.  :P

I'm not exactly thrilled nor disappointed. It's kinda like seeing Spirit Obi-Wan in the Screen Scene... "Oh, he is frosty now. Ok, whatever."

That BG is the communications wall from the Star Destroyer, where Vader kneels and communicates with Palps, right?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2004, 11:44 PM »
I'm kind of glad it's the POTF2 one, because now I certainly have no interest in it whatsoever.   I don't see why this is an exclusive.  The Anakin Spirit thing (if it pans out) would be more unique.  

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2004, 12:09 AM »
Looks fairly nifty to me, especially if they get the background right.  And my first thought when I saw that was the same thing - confirmation that McDiarmid has been edited into the ESB Emperor footage for the upcoming DVDs.

Just glad to see they didn't use that Saga atrocity.  Well done Hasbro.  You'll learning!  (kinda)