Author Topic: OTC Holo Emperor  (Read 25491 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: SWS.com Exclusive Holo Emperor: Pre-order NOW!
« Reply #75 on: September 6, 2004, 08:51 AM »
I wish it was a VOTC Emperor, but i ordered it anyway.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2004, 08:41 PM »
Non Hyperspace can now order this figure at www.Starwarsshop.com  I just did.  $15.94 for 1 with the lowest shipping cost plus the tax. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2004, 11:19 AM »
Any word on when these babies are shipping????

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2004, 11:38 AM »
I asked the same question today over at Rebelscum.  No responses yet.  However, I do know that it was supposed to ship in "October".  Have no idea when in October though? 

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
OTC Holo Emperor Shipping
« Reply #79 on: October 5, 2004, 07:26 AM »
Just a heads up that I received my ship confirmation for this yesterday and should be arriving this week. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: OTC Holo Emperor Shipping
« Reply #80 on: October 5, 2004, 08:54 AM »
Received mine as well!

SilverZ

« Reply #81 on: October 5, 2004, 02:21 PM »
Ship confirmation? Bah. I found two boxes sitting on my doorstep this morning! Miracles on top of miracles, the figures are well packed. They're inside their Star Cases, then wrapped in bubble wrap, then carefully placed into the shipping carton with lots of packing foam:

And the cards are in really good shape:

A pretty good pick-me-up for this week!  :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 5, 2004, 02:24 PM »
Dat looks nice.  8)

Nice to see them packed well.  :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 5, 2004, 02:36 PM »
Definitely nice to see them packed well.  I got my shipping confirmation last night as well, and its supposed to be here by Friday.  Just curious, but for those of you who picked this up, are you opening this figure?  I only bought one (since the price was higher), and am usually and opener, but considered leaving this one carded due to its "exclusive" nature and the fact that it comes with a star case.  Anyways, just wondering.  Glad to hear they are shipping out though, on time.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: October 5, 2004, 03:32 PM »
WOW!  :o

That's great news, Jared!

It's VERY nice to know that SWShop.com got their kinks worked out.  Seems like they did a good job shipping both the Battlefront troopers and the Holo-Emperor!  Good news indeed!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #85 on: October 5, 2004, 06:23 PM »
Just curious, but for those of you who picked this up, are you opening this figure?  I only bought one (since the price was higher), and am usually and opener, but considered leaving this one carded due to its "exclusive" nature and the fact that it comes with a star case. 

I just opened one up since I did my standard one open/one carded thing, and now think he's more "special" on the card. Once he's free, he's basically a clear version of a figure from 1997, and I think Holo Sidious is a better interpretation of the idea because of the paint apps, mostly.

So my opener will just end up going in a baggy and filed away, while the carded one might end up being displayed.

Either way, I have to give props to SWS for putting my mind at ease with the good shipping. After everyone's problems early on I was horrified with how this couldgo. Glad it turned out just fine.  :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: October 5, 2004, 08:25 PM »
Woohoo!  Just got mine too.   8)  Carefully packed indeed.  Starcases, LOTS of bubble wrap around them, tons of foam packing peanuts, large box with plenty of room (just in case it did get dinged), and to top it all off there's two large bright red "Please Handle with Care - FRAGILE" stickers on two sides of the box.  Man, I'd say they definitely learned their lesson!   :o

All 3 of my Emperors (one for DBK) look nice and mint.  Most pleased I am, other than for the fact that SWS.com keeps charging me sales tax on the shipping costs...   ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 5, 2004, 08:35 PM »
Question for y'all: did you just order the emperor or were you stupid enough, like me, to order other items at the same time?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 5, 2004, 09:53 PM »
I ordered just the Emperor.  It about killed me to pay $15 for a current figure though.   Since it's an exclusive and came with a star case I broke down and got it.  I think it will be nice though.   I am patiently (sort of) waiting for it as it sits in Torrance, CA at the moment.  Had to use the tracker!  :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: OTC Holo Emperor
« Reply #89 on: October 8, 2004, 02:52 PM »
I got my Emperor yesterday.  Strange side story, I was home all day, and my "tracking number" through FedEx said that it was delivered at 12:12 PM yesterday afternoon, to our front door.  I looked around our entire house, and never saw it, figuring it must have been delivered to a different house by mistake.  I figured I would give it a day, and see if it turned up.  I was standing at our kitchen sink doing some dishes around 6:30, and I see a guy pull up in a red pick up, with gym shorts and a FedEx Polo on, and he runs up and drops the box on our doorstep.  Kind of strange I thought.  Either he said he delivered it, and didn't, then dropped it off later...or it got lost in the shuffle, re-delivered or something.  Anyways, maybe that's for another topic, but we've had consistent bad luck when FedEx delivers something.  Never any trouble with UPS, and no trouble with the Postal Service since we've moved.  Anyways...that's a side note....

On the actual topic, I couldn't believe how nicely this figure was packaged, as others have said.  Hopefully SWShop.com has learned from past mistakes, and this will become the "norm" from now on.  Nice that it was packed in a Star Case, packed carefully, and arrived in spiffy condition.  That said, I don't know that the figure itself is all that impressive, which is why I am leaving it packaged for now (it does look nice on the card).  Not a terrible figure I guess, but I just really wish they could have knocked our socks off and had a vOTC style Emperor or something like that instead.  That would have been really nice.  Oh well, its a nice exclusive, and better than nothing :).