Author Topic: Case Cancelations at E-tail  (Read 4099 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Case Cancelations at E-tail
« on: October 12, 2004, 10:21 PM »
A good friend just forwarded this to me:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thank you for ordering from Entertainment Earth. We are sending this e-mail to you because Hasbro has notified us that no shipments of Original Trilogy Basic Figures Wave 11.5 (Item HS84715Q5) will be received due to the fact that Hasbro has discontinued this item for production.  The item has been removed from your order.  You will be given a $7.50 credit to be applied to future orders to reflect the change in the cost of shipping.

The one unique figure from Wave 11.5 (Item HS84715Q5) is the Imperial Scanning Crew Member - Fan's Choice #6 (OTC #38).  This figure is now ONLY available in Wave 11.75 (Item HS84715R), and will certainly be in short supply this season.  We strongly urge you to order Wave 11.75 as soon
as possible:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?searchfield=HS84715R

For the other figures in this assortment, we strongly recommend you order items that are currently IN STOCK now:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?sort=0&instockCheck=on&searchfield=HS84715

Finally, you may pre-order this upcoming Star Wars Original Trilogy Basic assortment, which we can guarantee availability on:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84715M3

We apologize for the inconvenience, as we certainly would have preferred to fill your order.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The distribution hits just keep on coming! ::)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Case Cancelations at E-tail
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 10:38 PM »
Wait?

So, Hasbro holds a pseudo "Fan-Choice" poll, where the fans ended up picking the Scan Trooper for release. 

Then, Hasbro cancelled the main case he's shipping in?

::)

For crying out loud!  How hard is it to make and ship these things???   >:(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 10:38 PM »
I saw that last night when I was perusing EE.  I didn't realize that the only case to get the scanning tech was the other one.  I was hoping to get about five of those guys :-\  The rest of it matters not.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 10:55 PM »
****!

Guess I'll have to put in ANOTHER order.

Just....****!
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 11:05 PM »
 :-\

/smacks panic button/

I knew something stupid would be happening like this and should have ordered a 2nd case up front.  I need openers. I just ordered a Wave 11 rev 2 case for the Hoth Vader, Gammoreans, and Bib I needed.

I'll have to hope they cycle the Scanning Tech back in as I need an opener of that turd, too. What a bunch of complete idiots. Hasbro, my hate for you is continues to grow.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 11:07 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 11:17 PM »
This is why I stopped pre-ordering back in 2003.  And you have to wonder why Hasbro even bothers producing some figures if they have no intention of distributing them. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 11:36 PM »
I ordered these knowing they won't show at retail. Hell, I'll be lucky if I see them at all now.

I wanted to get two or three of the Scanning Crew, and two each of the Endor Generals, but hell, I doubt it'll happen.

Hasbro's better off just choosing ten figures a year and just selling those, since that's about the number of figures every year that see decent distribution.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 11:38 PM »
Anyone see the bull**** figures shipping in 11.75?

Like Wal-Mart can bear any more Lobots.

Screw this noise. I'm just going to get one of each. **** the carded figures.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 11:40 PM by Clark Griswold »

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 02:34 AM »
I also just got a cancellation notice for Wave 11.  I was lucky enough to get my Wave 11.5 case last week though.  Thanks to Hasblow I now have to go out and scavenge the OTC wastelands to find a Greedo,Snowtrooper,Jawa's. >:(
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

SilverZ

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 04:20 AM »
Anyone see the bull**** figures shipping in 11.75?

Like Wal-Mart can bear any more Lobots.

If they even get that. A couple of Walmarts here spewed forth the Wave 11 alt case with 3x each of Lando, Han, Madine, and Bespin Leia (which isn't a bad thing) but to such a severe load that I'm wondering if that assortment will choke them out for a while. It would figure that they'd switch over to Post-OTC case orders now.  :-\

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2004, 04:56 AM »
At this point, it will be a miracle if ANY store around here gets any OTC.  Target and TRU have yet to even stock it, and Wally World overloaded on early cases of both OTC and VOTC.  Sigh.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2004, 09:25 AM »
A couple of Walmarts here spewed forth the Wave 11 alt case with 3x each of Lando, Han, Madine, and Bespin Leia (which isn't a bad thing) but to such a severe load that I'm wondering if that assortment will choke them out for a while.

Same thing seemed to happen at our closest Wal-Mart as well.  Visiting yesterday for some groceries, checked in the action figure aisle, and the pegs were literally all full of the OTC, mainly consisting of the Endor Generals and Bespin Leia.  Pegs full of just the Leia figure, which I don't see moving real fast.  Still no signs of other later figures like the Jawas, Gam. Guard, Slave Leia, Hoth Vader, etc. though.  Finally got the General Lando, this wave never showed during Saga times.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2004, 10:14 AM »
Jeez...I hope my stores stock up on the Endor generals, I want to make some customs!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline austinPOTF

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Drive Fast, Walk Slow
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2004, 07:01 PM »
I JUST NOW checked my hotmail to find this ******* notice. And here I was all smug that I didn't have to hunt these down. ************!