Author Topic: VOTC C-3PO on Ebay??  (Read 19564 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: VOTC C-3PO on Ebay??
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 01:20 PM »
Nope, I've heard from many people that he has been extremely hard to find...and with the ROTJ wave shipping more and more and 3PO not in any new cases, I'd believe there will be a frenzy over this Piece of ****

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 01:22 PM »
Must br rare in the UK too!  :o

VINTAGE OTC C-3PO VOTC UNRELEASED

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 01:27 PM »
Wow.  Funny that easily the worst figure of the entire VOTC line could possibly be the rarest, and thus, most valuable.  I saw two of them the time I picked up mine at TRU, but haven't seen it anywhere else since.  It'll be interesting to see if this demand continues.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 01:31 PM »
Huh.  And to think, I'm trading a 3PO today with a local guy for just a measely VOTC Stormtrooper...   :P

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 02:16 PM »
If anyone has an extra, shoot me an email.  Its the only dang current fig I need MOC. 

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 02:35 PM »
Me too...  I've got 2x everyone except poor 3PO  :(

I mentioned it in the ESB thread , but let's take another look...

ANH Wave 1 - 3x Han, 3x Ben, 2x Leia
ANH Wave 1.5 - 3x Luke, 2x Han, 2x Ben, 1x Leia
ESB Wave 2 - 2x Han, 2x Luke, 2x Vader, 2x Yoda
ESB Wave 2.5 - 1x Han, Ben, Leia, Luke, Vader, Yoda, Lando, 3PO
RotJ Wave 3.0 - 2x Fett, 2x Stormie, 1x R2, Chewie, Vader, Lando
RotJ Wave 3.1 - 2x Fett, 1x R2, Chewie, Stormie, Yoda, Ben 3PO - CANCELLED BY HASBRO
RotJ Wave 3.2 - 2x Stormie, Yoda, Vader, 1x Lando, Fett

That's 6 different cases that actually shipped to retail.  Assuming they were all shipped evenly (which we know isn't the case because ANH was overshipped first), you'd end up with 48 figures:

8x Han
6x Ben
6x Luke
6x Vader
5x Yoda
4x Leia
4x Stormie
3x Lando
3x Fett
1x C-3PO
1x R2
1x Chewie

So, best case scenario, 3PO ends up being about 1 per 48 figures, so do R2-D2 and Chewie.   :o 

I'd wager that C-3PO will be even harder to find than R2 and Chewie because most stores glutted on ANH waves.  As a result, they skipped the ESB wave, OR only got in the wave 2 case, NOT the wave 2.5 case that features 3PO.  These stores that are restocking now are probably getting the RotJ wave cases.

Since the RotJ wave is currently shipping, you still have a chance at R2 and Chewie. 

It's rough because not many stores are getting the ESB wave 2.5 case having all moved on to the RotJ cases, so 3PO may start to get very hard to find with the Holidays coming up at retail...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 03:05 PM »
Surreal :o 

Lots of Stormies, 3 Vader, 3 Yoda, 3 Lando, 3 Luke, 2x Han/Leia/Boba/R2/Chewie.  I lucked out getting the R2 and Chewie from Amazon as well. 

Now that I think about it, I may not even have a single 3PO?  I think my assortment from BBTS is the wave 3.0 that Jeff posted.  ****. >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 03:08 PM »
It sucks this crap ass figure is hard to find...but on the other hand, he'd be a sure fire pegwarmer

SilverZ

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 04:11 PM »
That figure isn't worth 5 bucks, much less 50. Good job on screwing the customer again, Hasbro -- now he's a scalper target. This is one of those few times that I think Hasbro actually knew they had a massive turd on thier hands. They probably then cut off its distribution to make it a chase figure. They need to do one remix case with x1 of each of the ESB and ROTJ waves now and fix this.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2004, 05:51 PM »
I found a couple at TRU and bought one of them. As soon as I got it home, I knew I wasn't going to buy another, so I left it in the clamshell.

Glad I did.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2004, 06:02 PM »
Did anyone catch the final prices on ebay?  One for $60 and the other for $100+.  Sure could buy a nice vintage fig for that price.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2004, 08:44 PM »
$100? Once again, this hobby confounds me.

The thing really is a piece of ****. There's a 3PO on shelves now for $5 that's superior to this crap on a card.

Eh. There have to be cases of wave 2.5 sitting in backrooms or warehouses somewhere. That wave was around for what, three seconds?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2004, 10:23 AM »
I've never really paid attention to which figures were "rare", so when I opened my 3PO, I realized that I didn't care for it very much. I guess its a combination of the pose and the head that turned me off to it. But hey, some people obviously like the figure enough to spend over a hundred dollars on it.

Good luck to you guys who are looking for it still. I traded mine for a figure I like alot more—Vader!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2004, 11:53 AM »
I've never really paid attention to which figures were "rare", so when I opened my 3PO, I realized that I didn't care for it very much. I guess its a combination of the pose and the head that turned me off to it. But hey, some people obviously like the figure enough to spend over a hundred dollars on it.

Good luck to you guys who are looking for it still. I traded mine for a figure I like alot more—Vader!

Some times it just dont count to be a completist.  Hope you enjoy the Vader Ed.  That and the Chewie are my favs.