Author Topic: Ep3 Sneak Preview Anakin's Starfighter  (Read 27107 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Ep3 Sneak Preview Vehicle
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2004, 09:51 PM »
Unless it comes with a figure, I will pass on it if i see it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2004, 06:23 AM »
The more I look at it, the more that R2 looks odd and the ship itself looks WAY too small.

I dunno dimensions on this yet so I'm holding off judgment, but if something THIS small is made underscaled, I'm gonna totally be disappointed in it.

I mean, this thing looks like it's to be a tiny ship for the most part...  Smaller than the E2 Jedi Fighter even.  Just seems odd looking.  I'll be very curious to get a better idea on it when it's released.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2004, 09:45 AM »
Just hopefully we can get some figures that would actually look like they can fit and function in these vehicles...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2004, 10:59 AM »
Just hopefully we can get some figures that would actually look like they can fit and function in these vehicles...

I agree.  And I think the Starfighter should come with a pilot Anakin...

:P

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2004, 08:24 AM »
Something with jointed legs and is able to sit in the seat without looking like a commerical for Medicare...I've fallen and I can't get up...reminds me of especially Zam's speeder from E2

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2004, 11:28 AM »
You're right.  Hasbro flung turds in our faces with the Zam/Anakin speeders seeing that we never got figures for them.  They should have each come with a figure that could sit in them properly.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2004, 05:03 AM »
That Zam speeder is still an attrocious POS in and of itself.

#1 anything that size should be done to-scale, no excuses.
#2 if Hasbro took the time to actually research their own product, they'd have realized that the paint on the rubbery part of the ship would react with the materials used to construct the "damage" feature, and would forever remain tacky.

The Zam speeder is a lint/cat hair magnet.   ::)  Brilliant guys, just brilliant.

Anakin's speeder suffered from the same scale issues, though at least the engine cowls (why'd the damn thing have a damage feature in the first place, when it never even crashes?  Stupid...) weren't tacky for all eternity.  Still a sucky vehicle.  Got 'em for $3 each as I recall and still regret it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 3, 2005, 02:15 PM »
I paid full price.  Eeek

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 3, 2005, 03:38 PM »

It's probably only a matter of time before we get one that does, as a later "exclusive" release at whatever retail whore Hasbro taps as their new bitch to replace KB.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 3, 2005, 04:49 PM »

It's probably only a matter of time before we get one that does, as a later "exclusive" release at whatever retail whore Hasbro taps as their new bitch to replace KB.

Don't give them any ideas!  They'll do it!  ;)

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 3, 2005, 05:24 PM »
It's probably already done and sitting in Singapore. The idea to package Obi-Wan with the Jedi Starfighter and make it a KB exclusive may have been an honest after thought, but this preview vehicle stinks of a repackage job in the wings.

If we're lucky, they'll make the Anakin pack-in figure out of super soft can't-stand-on-his-own plastic and give him a screaming face - just kidding.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 3, 2005, 06:02 PM »
I'm sure we'll be seeing repaints of this vehicle too.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 3, 2005, 06:53 PM »
I think I remember reading somewhere on one of those fifty million "master lists" of ROTS stuff that there was a planned "Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter" as well.  So, it looks as if Hasbro has gone ahead with the repaint idea and aren't even going to wait a year the way they did with the Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter.  Saturate the market with two at once I say!  ::)

If you notice throughout the course of the modern line, Hasbro's pulled this type of thing (the ship well before the pilot or vice versa) several times.  First, they released the AT-ST in October of 1995 and waited until 1997 to release the driver.  Then they released Obi-Wan's fighter in March of 2002 and waited until July or so to release the actual pilot figure, and then repacked it again as a "KB Exclusive."  Now it looks as if Anakin's Starfighter will suffer the same fate.

Then again, they could make vehicles that no figure can fit inside of in the first place, so we're luc...oh, wait.

(the thing that still tickles me is how Hasbro swore up and down that you could fit the figures in the AOTC speeders with "a little bit of work."  It reminds me of that episode of "The Simpsons" where Adam West forces figures into a Batmobile, completely destroying the car and the figures in the process)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 4, 2005, 12:34 AM »

Nice looking ship, but that cockpit is awfully short at the front end of the seat.  Even with articulated knees, that's going to be tight.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 4, 2005, 02:48 AM »
Hopefully they learned a lesson from Clone Wars regarding fitting figures in vehicles.  Hasbro wanted to work on some of Saesee Tiin's backstory and make him a pilot.  The bad thing was he didn't fit in the Jedi Starfighter.  Grrrrr!  If Anakin and Obi-Wan don't fit well in these things I'm going to be very disappointed.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback