Author Topic: Saga A-wing  (Read 5147 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Saga A-wing
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2003, 12:03 AM »
I have to agree with most folks here, this ship looks very nice.  Since there are so many Targets in Southern California, I might be able to actually find one.

Time will tell.

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2003, 05:32 PM »
after seeing pics now i really can't wait until the A-wing is out!

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2003, 08:21 PM »
I'm surprised you didn't care for the A-Wing in any incarnation Dimetrodon...

How'd you break two vintage ones?  Yikes!  There goes a hundred a piece now, haha.    ;D

well i like my micro machine A-wings.. lol

i had a POTF2 and vintage A-Wing.
the vintage i got when i was a little kid alogn with various vintage figures like nein umb and skiff lando..
that one lasted till i was about 12 and it ..yeah it blew up..
the POTF2 oen i bought to replace it when it came out later on...
i realised then why i hated it to begin with and sold it a while back.
i forget who, but it was off nomads old forum.

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
Target Saga A-Wing
« Reply #18 on: July 6, 2003, 09:30 PM »
I recently nabbed one of these puppies from Singapore and got it in this week.

I got to say this is a pretty nice piece. Even though it wasn't in the movie I find it far better than the A-Wings first incarnation.

Hasbro did an incredible job on the paint aps for this piece, and shows to me what they are capable of.
Of course these types of things are just money pieces for Hasbro since every single thing is rehashed, but that aside it's worth the moolah.

I don't have a TIE Fighter yet, but from what I've seen this one will knock that one out the box.

Hopefully this won't be another Target nightmare ala' Skiff and Y-Wing. Although with another Y-Wing due to come out some people might be a little happier in the future... Well, that is if you don't mind it in a different color...  ;)
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Target Saga A-Wing
« Reply #19 on: July 7, 2003, 09:22 AM »
Cool!  Glad to hear you like it.  Is the pilot cool?

Really?  Is the Y-wing being re-released?  I wish it was, I really like that ship and it was too hard to find before.  I did nab one at Target, but never saw one again after that.

:P

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #20 on: July 7, 2003, 09:35 AM »
I would love to get my hands on a Y-Wing.  Never had one as a kid, and I still don't own one.  It was definitely one of the coolest fighters out there.
dustrho

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #21 on: July 7, 2003, 10:27 AM »
The pilot is pretty cool but nothing more than a rehash and head swap with repainting. I'd at least liked to have a new head... but ahhh I'm still liking this piece a lot.

The Y-Wing that is "due" to come out will just be in a  different squadron color (i.e. red, blue...). I haven't heard much about it yet, just that it has been on internal Hasbro lists.

There are a few goodies on internal lists right now... thing is will they see the light of day...
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2003, 02:09 PM »
Back up for pre-order at Target.com :-*

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2003, 05:42 PM »
This is THE vehicle I'm looking forward to most this year...  A repaint, but a worthy one.  EU, but believable as a real deco...  A neat re-pack/retool pilot (Is his head really different?  I heard he was just the 3-pack asian pilot's head).

I'm hoping to nab 3 actually, because I'd like a flight of them...  I just hope they're easy enough to find.  Target's notorious for making things NOT so easy to get.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2003, 02:50 PM »
Well mine arrived from Target.com (well Amazon really) yesterday. I have to go with Jimmy on this - the paint apps are fantastic. The hull is dirtied and weathered with probably the best detail I've seen on any vehicle out of Hasbro. There's a lot of carbon scoring there... I think the ship's seen a lot of action.  :P For being EU, it has much more of a "just off screen" feel to it, and I'm a pretty die-hard cannon or nothing kinda guy.

The figure is pretty suprising as well. Its made of better quality plastic than is usually used for pack-ins, and he has a nice weathered paint design. The head is Arrvyl Cynard (sp?) though from the Cinema Scene. The helmet is a bit disappointing since it lacks a clear visor.

BTW, packaging from Amazon was TERRIBLE. I ordered 2 and they came in a giant box, thrown into the bottom with bubbles on top. They got tossed all around the box and were pretty dented up. Sigh.

J