Author Topic: RAT Continues: Dengar  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
RAT Continues: Dengar
« on: December 23, 2004, 06:59 AM »

JD.com is proud to present our first ever Review-A-Thon...  It's a way we're going to clean out some old reviews we've got backlogged and get a little something for you, the viewer, to read over theholidays.

The Star Destroyer Wave continues on with what I'd say was one of the most hotly demanded resculpts by fans of the modern line.  This bounty hunter baddie could only be Dengar (Executor Meeting)

And resculpt him they did!  Hasbro made one big dent with this figure by taking the old POTF2 sculpt and basically saying, "Man, you suck!" to it.  I swear my Dengar shed a tear when I brought the Saga version into the house.

He knew his days were numbered.

Is Dengar perfect?  Well, no, and I'd say his greatest flaw is his falling prey to Hasbro's wackiness with lopsided articulation, yet again, but he's not bad by any means either.

If I had to add something to the review, I'd add that Hasbro should've added a holster to him with a blaster pistol.  I see pictures of him with it, and pictures without.  At this point I think WITH the holster/pistol is accurate though...

And let's face it, he'd simply look better and be a better figure overall if he had a holster and a sidearm accessory.

But, you'll just have to read the full review using the link provided above, and get back to here with your opinions.

My fatboy Dengar from POTF2 will never be the same...  At least he's got friends in the "I'm useless" pile of POTF2 buff and ugly figures.  There's like 3 years of crappiness in that box!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
Re: RAT Continues: Dengar
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 08:48 PM »
I'd like to offer these up, they're from my "took the photos, never wrote the review" folder...

The best part about teh new Dengar is the crusty look he gives a taunting Bossk...

"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: RAT Continues: Dengar
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 08:54 PM »
Should photoshop that tear onto old Dengar...   :'(

Thanks for the images...  Nice comparison of just what an incredible difference there is Dean.  Truly, that's gotta be the biggest variance in quality between a resculpt and its original. 

Too bad the pudgy "I ate too much pudding" Dengar really sucked so much.  He's now snuggled up to POTF2 Fleet Trooper in my box of misfit Star Wars figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77