Author Topic: Dallas ComicCon  (Read 4350 times)

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
Dallas ComicCon
« on: October 22, 2004, 11:13 AM »
Yes, I'm pasting all the boards. Just wondering if anyone locally is going?

http://www.scifiexpo.com/dcc.asp

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Dallas ComicCon
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 01:11 PM »
Have fun Spider!

My guesses on who may be going, just based on who I recall being down in Texas would be Rob (Zod), Shannon (Princess), and I think Gary's (IOC) down there too...  Maybe Force Guy?  He might be in Texas too.  Not sure.

Hopefully you get the chance to hook up with some fellow forum members.  That's always fun...

P.S.  I'll probably move this topic over into the Conventions section after the weekend's over, if that's cool with you...   ;)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 02:20 PM »
I'm already back... I was keeping an eye out for the hippie in the Shaun of the Dead shirt but didn't spot one.

I did run into Paul though - he was still in line when I was leaving.  The line was huge.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 05:43 PM »
I'm swear I'm still in line......

45 minutes to wait to get in with money burning a hole in my pocket the whole time, only to be greeted by the Surly Sisters who take money and stamp hands (working at the non-time-lapsed speed of THAW)

I got more GI Joe stuff than Star Wars stuff (and there were a whole 3 guys selling Joes).

The best part of being in line was seeing Rob walk out the first time with arms full....go back in for more...and make it back out AGAIN before I could even see the front of the line.

And it may sound like I'm complaining, but at least I wasn't at the work, so it was a decent time.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 07:46 PM »
That line was slow because they decided to start taking credit cards.

They need to have a line for cash and a line for plastic - then cash paying customers would get in 20 times faster.

All I bought was a handful of loose 12" star wars stuff.

Danny and I actually drove back up there around 4:00 because he decided he wanted to pick up one that he'd passed on - and I found one more to buy during that round.

Oh, also - remember those four VOTC Stormtroopers that I told you I didn't go look for yesterday and I was kicking myself over?

They were all still there.  Now they're all on my shelf except for one I'm saving incase anyone finds a threepio and wants to swap.

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 12:02 AM »
Have fun Spider!

My guesses on who may be going, just based on who I recall being down in Texas would be Rob (Zod), Shannon (Princess), and I think Gary's (IOC) down there too...  Maybe Force Guy?  He might be in Texas too.  Not sure.

Hopefully you get the chance to hook up with some fellow forum members.  That's always fun...

P.S.  I'll probably move this topic over into the Conventions section after the weekend's over, if that's cool with you...   ;)

Yep, I was there.  I didn't meet Zod or Spiderlegs or Paul=- that I know of.  How do you recognize each other anyway?  I was working the Fan Force table selling badges and raflle tickets.  I then announced the winners or the said raffle tickets and was judge 3 (duh- I was the only female) for the costume contest.  If you still can't place me, I was the female up on stage in the wench outfit w/ the Qui-Gon "tattoo".   
Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow morning- if you come by say Hello! 
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 12:42 AM »
Forgot to mention, I imagine Philip Wise should be floating around there somewhere too...   ;)

How do you recognize each other anyway?

You do one or both of the following:

Stick your pictures up in our JD Pics to Names thread

and/or

You exchange cell phone numbers so you can call eachother at the show, and say "I'm standing in front of ___ booth.  Get over here!".  Granted swapping phone numbers might be considered a little too private to do for some folks, but that's what I did and how I met a lot of people at San Diego Comic Con a few months ago.

Same thing I plan on doing for C3, in addition to actually making a few solid outting times/places to meet up with the whole crew here!   8)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 12:53 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2004, 12:56 AM »
Forgot to mention, I imagine Philip Wise should be floating around there somewhere too...   ;)
Yeah, he was there.  I only saw him when he was walking around w/ Ben.  They stopped at the table for something (I think something to write on).   Last con Phillip gave us Force.Net shirts- pretty nice ones at that.  And that's all I'll say on him.
Well, I didn't exactly hide myself today, being up on stage and all that during our event. 
We'll have to plan ahead of time for the next show, and yes, for C3- I do plan on some cell phone number swapping
You are starting to damage my calm.