Author Topic: Costco Exclusive Tie and X-Wing w/ figures  (Read 2695 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Costco Exclusive Tie and X-Wing w/ figures
« on: October 25, 2004, 04:54 PM »
Start checking your local Costco.  My local store in Mesa AZ had these in today for $29.99.

DBK

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Costco Exclusive Tie and X-Wing w/ figures
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 05:40 PM »
Man, you guys are laggin' out there Fish!  Found 'em at several Costcos out here almost a month ago now...   :P

Not my favorite thing in the world, especially buying two (crappy) ships that I already have several times over now.  But with the purty window box and all, it's a must for any packaging completist.   :-\

But not bad for the price point, which would cost you about $50 at regular retail...

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 06:34 PM »
Man,

I don't collect this stuff but thought I was ahead of the game on a tip for others.  Oh well, this could have been there for a while but as much as I like Costco I avoid that place as they make it way too easy to drop 200+ every visit :)!

DBK

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 09:57 PM »
Man, you guys are laggin' out there Fish!  Found 'em at several Costcos out here almost a month ago now...   :P

Not my favorite thing in the world, especially buying two (crappy) ships that I already have several times over now.  But with the purty window box and all, it's a must for any packaging completist.   :-\

But not bad for the price point, which would cost you about $50 at regular retail...

Hell of a lot better than buying both ships singly and a nifty display option.  But yeah, do I really need a sixth Tie Fighter with incorrect wings?  Apparently the answer is yes.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 02:35 AM »
I'm contemplating getting one of these sets, and returning my OTC X-Wing and Tie Fighter to Target, since I never got around to opening them.  Little cheaper, and like Morgbug said, a much nicer display with the Costco set.  Plus a couple pilot figures thrown in.  Can't beat that!   8)

For those that have this, is the Luke figure the old POTJ version with the nasty buckteeth, or the new OTC version that looks a lot more normal?