Author Topic: Imperial Commander variation???  (Read 5286 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Imperial Commander variation???
« on: February 27, 2003, 06:50 PM »
I have just recently aquired two Imperial Commanders from eBay (both from different people), and I have noticed some variation between the two. Please let me know if there really was a variation done on these... I'd sure like to know!

http://www.chrisrhoads.com/imp_commander.htm

dustrho

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re:Imperial Commander variation???
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2003, 10:37 AM »
I have never heard of or seen anything that has an 'Imperial Commander' listed with any variants beyond the card backs. Looks like you've found yourself a bonafide variant there. Nice Work!!!
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re:Imperial Commander variation???
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2003, 02:30 PM »
Very cool find.

I have never seen another like that before
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Zoso

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Commander variation???
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2003, 04:52 AM »
Hi,

I collect vintage variations and have the 2 main variant ones (thin faced/fatter faced(often found on Palitoy/Trilogo cards) but also a variation on the thinner faced one too.I posted on Galactichunter the below information on it and it may seem boring to many but it's certainly one of the rarer variations of this particular figure in my opinion.
Anway a copy of my post:

"I have 3 different Imperial Commanders and what i consider to be a third variation(though there are other variants too!) is one similiar to the thinner faced one in you're second pic.
I have one like that but also one with a different face colour(less of a pink/skin shade and more golden tinged) but the main difference is the belt buckle has the motif/emblem painted silver with the rest of the buckle black :o  
Most i've seen are completely silver.Also the insignia has the 8 raised squares in black.
The figure is the thinner faced type but is thicker in the body than my other thin faced one.The uniform is the same matt finish.Both are Made in Hong Kong.
Copyright details etc are:C LFL 1980 on left upper thigh and Made in Hong Kong on right.The more regular one with normal silver buckle has C 1980 LFL on the left upper thigh being the only difference.
The one i have like the first one in you're pic is the variant often found on Palitoy and Trilogo cards with no country on the leg. "

Zoso

Offline Zoso

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2003, 11:44 AM »
Hi all,

I've uploaded pics of my 3 Imperial Commander variants to my webshots pages for the variation appreciators like myself to view.
Imperial Commander variant number 3 with alternate insignia/belt buckle paintwork is not often seen in my experience.
Would be interesting to know if that one is attributable to a certain card/time.

http://community.webshots.com/album/71210087LdycaH

Zoso. :)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: May 5, 2003, 12:00 AM »
nice to have some new blood in this arena. I'll look into your quandry and let you know if I find anything out.
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Zoso

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 5, 2003, 05:03 AM »
nice to have some new blood in this arena. I'll look into your quandry and let you know if I find anything out.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the welcome :).

I collect Vintage loose and have an interest in variations of which i have quite a few!
It's just a case of having the time to scan and upload to Webshots but i'll get round to it eventually!
I've been adding to the variations recently with a Tusken Raider/Hollow cheek tubes,Klaatu 4 tan limbs/Blueish face/thick skirt and a Greedo with no country on the boot.
I'm always interested in adding further variants like trilogos etc so any collectors looking to trade then please lmk ;).
So far as my basic set goes i really only need a mint Luke Stormtrooper upgrade(mine has that seemingly obligatory blunted nose tip) and white haired Ben Kenobi to deem it complete(including major variations).These 2 have been my "Nemesis" figures :'( but i'll always be adding variants to the collection.
There are some good threads i've read here, and i look forward to many more in the future!

Cheers,

Zoso.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2003, 05:44 AM by Zoso »

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 3, 2004, 09:41 PM »
I just got the "fat faced" variant in the mail last week.  I did not know there was a variant, I compared it against the one I had to see if an upgrade was in order.  

-Fish-

Offline Billy Boy

• Youngling
  • "Target...MAXIMUM FIREPOWER!"
    • View Profile
    • My Webshots
« Reply #8 on: April 6, 2004, 02:38 PM »
I really like the Imperial Commander variants... despite selling off my two loose Lili Ledy examples... I still have a few variations!

I've even spotted the odd 'fat faced' Tri variant figure on US RotJ Kenner cards too! 8)

http://community.webshots.com/album/102559292joKEdq

Bill

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2004, 08:56 AM »
Can someone post a picture, those links dont work for me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline HWR

• Jedi Initiate
  • Finally I have returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2004, 09:15 AM »

I've even spotted the odd 'fat faced' Tri variant figure on US RotJ Kenner cards too! 8)

http://community.webshots.com/album/102559292joKEdq

Bill

Me to Billy.

The one i bought as a kid (here in Denmark) was not on a tri-logo card, but a Return of the Jedi card (could have been a Palitoy one), and it was the shorter fat faced version, I allways thought the fat face variation is the common one.

-Henrik

btw: I  still have that very figure and he's still c9.
Collector of vintage loose Star Wars figures and variations.
Three time sponsor and presenter at the Celebration Europe Collector Track.

Offline Billy Boy

• Youngling
  • "Target...MAXIMUM FIREPOWER!"
    • View Profile
    • My Webshots
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2004, 06:01 AM »
Hi Henrik!

The Tri Imperial Commander only seems to have been 'common' on the European mainland! The only carded example I have is in a Tri 4-Pack!  8)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/102559292/102581374xAauiZ

Bill  :)