Author Topic: How many VOTC Stormtroopers are in your army?  (Read 97145 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: How many VOTC Stormtroopers are in your army?
« Reply #300 on: January 22, 2013, 04:29 PM »
The Tantive IV Trooper came first, and I believe the Evo Sandtroopers were based off it then, but the belt on them was different perhaps?  I can't recall now and my Empire's tucked away at the moment.

I have probably a lot of the 30AC Stormtrooper with the lopsided legs, but I got them insanely cheap.  I couldn't pass them up for $1, $2, or $3...  I have a lot of basically every Imperial in white because of sales and clearances back at that time.  Really went nuts.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 22, 2013, 05:50 PM »
Evo Stormtroopers were from 2005, and Tantive IV battle pack was from 2007. I think the belts were the same, but I never owned the EVO clone to stormtrooper sets, just the Tantive trooper and the sandtrooper legends figure reissued from the Evo set.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #302 on: January 22, 2013, 07:22 PM »
Ah ok, so I got that reversed.  Can't believe they were still shilling that ****** Vader and RFT's in 2007.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 22, 2013, 08:55 PM »
Ah ok, so I got that reversed.  Can't believe they were still shilling that ****** Vader and RFT's in 2007.

Over-shilling. Remember, they stuck them in a  comic pack together.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #304 on: January 22, 2013, 08:57 PM »
I know, dismal choices on figures.  Those Marvel sets were dismal choices on comic packs but basically pure profit I suppose, for them.  Still, bad choices on the paintjobs at the very least.  I got the idea, but the execution was just bad.  I know a less comic-ish deco would've persuaded me on probably the Mandalorian sets at least.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 22, 2013, 10:36 PM »
Yeah, the lack of waist articulation is somewhat of a bummer, but it displays nicely in a statue-esque kinda way. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #306 on: January 22, 2013, 10:58 PM »
I actually didn't mind the waist joint missing.  That's a joint that I can take or leave on at least 50% of action figures honestly.  It's nicer on troopers, but beyond them I'm not so sure.

And honestly I'd prefer less ball jointed torsoes in this line.  They're more complex and costly, and just not something I'm wild about.