Author Topic: How many VOTC Stormtroopers are in your army?  (Read 97163 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: How many VOTC Stormtroopers are in your army?
« Reply #60 on: December 2, 2004, 09:51 AM »

Does this mean I have to buy four more to make sure I keep up with the Joneses?

Oh please no, I will concede the race for the sake of both of our wallets....(but I did snag a couple more yesterday).

If you think about it though Rob...between the two of us, we might have the most Loose VOTC Stormies in a 30 mile radius.  Does that make us winners .......or losers?

And I agree with CoranHorn we are setting a bad example for Hasbro..but I can't help it. I've been waiting for this Stormtrooper ever since GI Joe got the "Swivel Arm" back in 1983....so if you think about it, I've only bought 1.5 for every year I've been waiting....hows that for rationalization....

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #61 on: December 2, 2004, 06:54 PM »
And I agree with CoranHorn we are setting a bad example for Hasbro..but I can't help it. I've been waiting for this Stormtrooper ever since GI Joe got the "Swivel Arm" back in 1983....so if you think about it, I've only bought 1.5 for every year I've been waiting....hows that for rationalization....

Now only if you could adjust for inflation over that 21 year period, then many of those Stormies would have cost you only $2 :)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: December 2, 2004, 07:37 PM »
Added two more to the roster.  I want a nice sized squad of troops.  That's what I'm aiming for.  Gonna whip up some packs for them, and pauldrons, and modify some weapons so they're more rigid and can hold them well, and then I'll be set.

From then on I'll wait for cheaper versions of this to be released.

I'm planning to make a hand/blaster set for my CT versions which # over 100.  WIth poseable hands, the CT figure is really a good figure.  Not able to kneel, but a running pose (with stand), or 2-handed firing pose are all doable, and he looks great dead too.

KBZ's shot of his army shows how well I think the old one blends with the new too.  I saw people going ga-ga that the VOTC was so vastly superior, but in reality its sculpt differences are fairly subtle and the CT figure was good to begin with. 

It's like the tree in Merry Christmas Charlie Brown...  It just needs some care, and maybe a little effort, and it is a nice infantry filler.

My squad will look so lovely busting through some home-made city ruins, doing a nice "sweep & clear" of a local uprising.  :)

Seriously, this figure is the first time in my adult life I have felt like a child when buying the new toys.  I've "posed" them substantially...  I'm even to the point I have a tough time calling it "pose" and really need to just fess up that I've been playing with these guys.

Deluxe Durge was doing battle with them just a while ago.  hehe   ;D

(Jesse James in no way endorses this behavior if you are single and looking)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #63 on: December 3, 2004, 02:18 AM »

(Jesse James in no way endorses this behavior if you are single and looking)

Crap! And here all this time, I thought that's what the chicks digged!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 3, 2004, 04:30 PM »
Rob, I'm sorry...I was at Wal Mart earlier today getting some stuff and I strolled by the toys and well...BOOM 5 more.  I swear I was just looking at it and it went off.

I have stopped.  I swear.  If my wife sees another clear clamshell she's gonna coronary...

If I could just find the GI Joes I was looking for I'd stop going down that Aisle and would be tempted by the Sirens....

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 3, 2004, 05:35 PM »
Well my Platoon just broke 7. Aiming for 12...
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 7, 2004, 01:40 PM »
Rob, I'm sorry...I was at Wal Mart earlier today getting some stuff and I strolled by the toys and well...BOOM 5 more.  I swear I was just looking at it and it went off.

I have stopped.  I swear.  If my wife sees another clear clamshell she's gonna coronary...

If I could just find the GI Joes I was looking for I'd stop going down that Aisle and would be tempted by the Sirens....

What's the total?

I'm on hold at 27 - but I hear Target is going to clearance sometime reasonably soon...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 7, 2004, 04:27 PM »
Reasonable is a very subjective term....one man's (sorry person's) reasonable time is another one's ETERNITY..

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: December 7, 2004, 11:52 PM »
Do you guys' Target stores have that many Stormtroopers that they will be there at clearance time?

If so, remember your less fortunate friends *hint hint hint*  ;D

I haven't seen a Stormtrooper in a while at a store....

Well, I take that back, I found one a couple weeks ago and bought it since I had a good day at school that day (figured I'd blow the $10 as a gift to myself).

I've found 2 at stores only.  The rest of my little squd I've traded for.  :(  They look great together though...  I love decking them out with some of the other stormie weapons too.  They look good...  Like a real support team.  I have an impy officer head swap with them right now too.  Damn great figures!

Anyway, if you guys with tons of these find them cheap and get extras, by all means hit me up because I need more to satiate this obsession.

My West Coast Connection here's helpin' me some.  :)  I gotta have more though!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 8, 2004, 08:24 AM »
When/If they hit clearance in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area, I'll snag you some(and anybody else for that matter), unless you want them now, I saw some on the Cough Medicine run early this morning...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 8, 2004, 01:35 PM »
I know it's kinda crappy of me and it's not something I normally do, but I've got 5 stashed at an undisclosed Target hoping they stay hidden until clearance - if they don't go on clearance and are still there after xmas, I'll still buy them probably.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2004, 01:35 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 8, 2004, 01:58 PM »
Kinda low down and dirty in hiding them - but if you are going to buy them then that is ok - I've thought about doing the same thing.   :-\

Anyways, yesterday TRU had 7 of them - it hurt to not get any...

:P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 8, 2004, 06:11 PM »
Yeah, I figured I'd go ahead and do it under three conditions.  1 being that it's not something I ever do.  2 being that I buy them even if they don't go on clearance.  3 being that I've left numerous stormies on the pegs over the last few months.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2004, 06:12 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 8, 2004, 09:09 PM »
I saw 3 at Target the other day but at $25 a pop no thanks
I have 3 at the moment with no real plans to get any more.
I have 2 open ones that will be standing gaurd next to Mr Vader and the other will remain sealed.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 8, 2004, 11:04 PM »
Yeah, I figured I'd go ahead and do it under three conditions.  1 being that it's not something I ever do.  2 being that I buy them even if they don't go on clearance.  3 being that I've left numerous stormies on the pegs over the last few months.

#4.  PMundheim lives on the other side of town and probably won't go into that particular section......hopefully..... ;)