Author Topic: Episode III ~ The Video Game  (Read 13195 times)

Offline DooMTrooper

• Youngling
  • Move along... move along.
    • View Profile
    • My cruddy pics.
Re: Episode III ~ The Video Game
« Reply #15 on: May 6, 2005, 12:35 PM »
Sorry to hear that about your DS Tydirium :(
I hope it turns up soon, I would of ripped the house apart looking for it which I guess you did. It's also weird to hear that it's not up to the quality EA set with LOTR, That's really dropping the ball IMO, The last film and all.

You X-Box and PS2 EP3 owners have a special treat for you if you finish the game with Anakin/Vader...you lucky gits :P
« Last Edit: May 6, 2005, 02:45 PM by DooMTrooper »
**When you've just emptied two barrels of a shotgun into the head of your favorite bartender it's a pretty good bet that happy hour's over.**

SilverZ

« Reply #16 on: May 7, 2005, 12:44 AM »
Just in case anyone is playing and wants to get cheaty, here's some codes for the Xbox version:

TANTIVEIV All Arenas Unlocked
NARSHADDAA All Bonus Stages Unlocked
AAYLASECURA All Concept Art Unlocked
ZABRAK All Duel Characters Unlocked
COMLINK  All Movies Unlocked
JAINA All Powers & Moves Unlocked
KORRIBAN All Story Stages Unlocked
KAIBURR Infinite Force
XUCPHRA Infinite Health
BELSAVIS Quick Health & Force Regain
SUPERSABERS Super Saber Mode.
071779 Tiny Droid Mode.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 7, 2005, 08:19 PM »
Just in case anyone is playing and wants to get cheaty, here's some codes for the Xbox version:

TANTIVEIV All Arenas Unlocked
NARSHADDAA All Bonus Stages Unlocked
AAYLASECURA All Concept Art Unlocked
ZABRAK All Duel Characters Unlocked
COMLINK  All Movies Unlocked
JAINA All Powers & Moves Unlocked
KORRIBAN All Story Stages Unlocked
KAIBURR Infinite Force
XUCPHRA Infinite Health
BELSAVIS Quick Health & Force Regain
SUPERSABERS Super Saber Mode.
071779 Tiny Droid Mode.

These work on PS2 as well.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 8, 2005, 05:31 PM »
Finished this today. Game was way to easy and short.  On the other hand, I spent like 9 straight hours playing this :P  Im such a loser.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: May 9, 2005, 12:01 AM »
Did you like it, Jim

I have bought it but have not opened it :-\

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 9, 2005, 08:30 AM »
Did you like it, Jim

I have bought it but have not opened it :-\

I love it, but like I said, it seemed to short.  When you play choose Hard.  I started with mid level difficulty and found it pretty easy.  With so many other games out there with twice as much stuff and being a new game it was a letdown.  The force powers are cool. Picking up items and throwing as weapons. Jedi mind tricks on the Clones.  Force jump, run, choking, lightning.  Yada, yada, yada.

There is a ton of footage from the new movie (including the beginning scrawl and battle sequence), as well as some animated game footage.  They do change the final battle with Obi-Wan defeating Anakin and we never see him go into the Lava.

Also the extras are cool.  Concept drawings, cut scenes, bonus missions (fight as Grievous, Yoda and the EP4 Ben vs Vader).   There is some EU after you wipe out the Jedi Temple and you fight a couple of different Jedis not in the Movie.  You do get to fight Nick Gilliard.

Offline Imperial Outpost

• Youngling
  • I'm not a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2005, 06:46 AM »
Finished this today. Game was way to easy and short. On the other hand, I spent like 9 straight hours playing this :P Im such a loser.

I did exactly the same thing - wanting to see all the cut scenes was the main reason!

Got it as a leaving present from work and played it all weekend. Not only did I complete it, but I've unlocked everything. I've never done that in a game before. I'd still give it 8/10, but it could have been higher.

Offline profiteer

• Youngling
  • Pull My Finger And Feel The Force You Will
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2005, 01:08 PM »
Did anyone experience a glitch in the Jedi library? When the Jedi started to show up and fight,  their lightsabers were 10 times the normal size. Compared to the Jedi, the lightsabers were 25 feet long and a foot around. My son asked me why they looked so weird, so I told him that they were "training" sabers.
My opinion of the game is 4/10. Good graphics and music, too much talk. They kept repeating the same corny phrase over and over. Decent multiplayer mode. Overall too short and boring. Jedi Academy and KOTOR blew it away. My recommendation - rent before you buy.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2005, 12:07 PM »
I didn't have the saber problem in the Jedi Library...

I would give this game about a 7/10, just because I really enjoyed the graphics, and the lightsaber moves are really cool.  KOTOR gets a 9.9/10 on my scale.  Totally different types of games.

:P

Offline DooMTrooper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My cruddy pics.
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2005, 04:05 PM »
So no comments on Lord Vader's ending?
**When you've just emptied two barrels of a shotgun into the head of your favorite bartender it's a pretty good bet that happy hour's over.**

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2005, 07:13 PM »

I mentioned above that it strays a bit from the movie and you dont see the actual damage to Anakin via the lava.  It is cool that the scene ends with Obi-Wan picking up the Saber that he will give Luke in ANH.

Offline DooMTrooper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My cruddy pics.
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2005, 01:19 PM »

I mentioned above that it strays a bit from the movie and you dont see the actual damage to Anakin via the lava.  It is cool that the scene ends with Obi-Wan picking up the Saber that he will give Luke in ANH.

That's Obi-Wan's ending ^
I mean when you beat Obi-Wan as Lord Vader, And from what I've read he has a awesome ending.
I just want someone to confirm it, rip a video of it and post it here ;D

Offline Avenging Knight

• Jedi Initiate
  • Guardian of Truth and Justice..and stuff like that
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2005, 06:33 PM »
Yes, the alternate ending is great. Then the bonus level where you fight as Vader against Obi-Wan on the Death Star was a nice surprise. Overall the game was very short but fun. I'd give it a 7/10 on the low end of the 7.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2005, 11:26 AM »
Just made it to the Greivous duel last night.  He killed me like 2 times and so I went to bed.  Its an OK game...the difficulty is all over the place though

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2005, 09:37 AM »
And now I'm fighting Mace, I'm starting to really enjoy this game, the dueling is more fun than the slicing of battle droids etc.