Author Topic: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!  (Read 210761 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2006, 12:20 PM »
Jesse- it looks like the xwing in the third set has the yellow while the one in the 2nd set has no yellow.

Thanks Jon, I wasn't sure if that was just due to the difference in the lighting in the pic, or an actual change in coloring.  :)

--Were you able to verify that the droid fighter IS a TH? Entertainment Earth shows it as a TH in the later waves- what do you think?

That's got me stumped.  I haven't heard the droid fighter referred to as a TH before, but it would make sense to have a TH (or Ultimate Galactic Hunt) in each wave. 

The hardest part of all this is that my local store (yes, only one local store  ::) ) doesn't carry Titanium, so I can't check them out myself.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2006, 04:12 PM »
Probably against my better judgement, I'm thinking about picking some of these up.  They just look kind of neat.  If I did, I would again stick to just OT stuff, just to keep things cheaper and that's what I'm more interested in anyways.  Now, if I remember correctly, aren't the first wave of these (Falcon, X-Wing, etc.) pretty pricey at this point?  I thought I remembered reading that sometime here.  In that case, is that third Wal-Mart 5 pack (with the X-Wing, Raw Metal Falcon, Y-Wing, Landspeeder, and TIE) currently out?  I don't think I've seen it at our Wal-Mart yet.  I was thinking if I could pick that up for a decent price, and then get the upcoming Battle Ravaged Falcon, I could be happy with those.  I definitely don't need a line that's going to get too pricey trying to get past releases, etc.  So, what is basically "out now" on the pegs (not counting ones that have come and are long gone)?  I have glanced at them, but didn't pay real close attention.  I think I've seen the Landspeeder, TIE Bomber, and Speeder Bike at WM, and ones like the Death Star, Jango's Slave 1, etc. at Target.  I'm mainly interested in the OT ships, but I was just wondering what I'd be able to pick up now if I started in on this...if picking up past ships is going to be a big pain, I might just avoid it.  Also, these run around $5 each, and what $20 or $25 for the 5 packs right?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2006, 04:22 PM »
I totally love the Titanium line for some reason or another.  You'd be happy with the majority of them even if they are out of scale with one another.  I was never able to find the first wave at retail and I believe they catch a hefty price on Ebay (haven't checked in quite some time.)  I've all but given up at this point in finding the 3rd giftset at Wal-Mart.  I am disgusted that Hasbro gives them the right to distrubute exclusives, yet they refuse to stock/re-order shipments at least for my local MN Wal-Marts.  Had the same problem with the Trash Compactor sets and the Twins.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2006, 04:30 PM »
Brian, The 3rd gift pack IS in the stores but was sent out nowhere near the quantity of the first 2 gift packs. I got it here one for 10$ and one for 3$ only because WM stores didn't have the SKU loaded in their system yet because I got it when it was new-so they guessed those prices". I've only seen 2 or 3 gift sets total the last 3 weeks-perhaps Hasbro will ship another shipment but remember gift pack 4 is coming out this year as well so who knows?

Wave 1 IS EXPENSIVE just ask a frustrated Matt Coleman ;)

Offline MaxWedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2006, 12:13 AM »
The hardest part of all this is that my local store (yes, only one local store  ::) ) doesn't carry Titanium, so I can't check them out myself.

One store, where do you live?  Middle of nowhere Canada? ;)
Wants - everything.

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2006, 07:20 PM »
I finally found the Gunship today at Target as well as another white TIE fighter.

TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2006, 09:15 PM »
In that case, is that third Wal-Mart 5 pack (with the X-Wing, Raw Metal Falcon, Y-Wing, Landspeeder, and TIE) currently out? 

Brian...UPDATE went shopping last nite and 2 local WM's had X6 2006 titanium gift packs(the one with the trilogy ships). So maybe time to go out there and start looking for it, good luck! :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2006, 09:44 AM »
Lucky.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2006, 11:08 AM »
I don't consider it luck when each store rec. 6 packs

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2006, 03:48 PM »
No need to get snotty about it buddy.

You're Lucky that your Wal-Marts stock these sets.  My area stores refuse to stock this particular set.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2006, 02:03 AM »
LOL- I'm not your buddy AND am being real, not snotty. 8)

However, I'd add that I picked up an extra set tonite if your interested.. .  .    .     .   ?  ;)

If, interested 'never dying Fett', then send me a PM with your addy (where you can call me any names you like) ::)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2006, 12:20 AM »
picked up X1 gunship limited @ Target last nite and X2 this morning @ wal Mart.  All 3 got traded/sold at our quarterly swap meet today! 8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2006, 02:30 PM »
While picking up some groceries and WM this weekend, I decided to give these a look while checking out the basic figure pegs.  I ended up picking up the two OT era ships they had, the Landspeeder and Vader's TIE Fighter.  After opening them up, I kind of like this line.  I'd really like to try and eventually get all the OT ships, but I'm not going to pay an arm and a leg for the "rare" ones (like the first series) or for chase ones necessarily.  I'm glad to hear that there is another Falcon coming out (Battle Ravaged...is it in stores yet?), because that's the ship I'd want the most.  However, it would be nice to get some of the others from those first couple of series...the X-Wing and Snowspeeder in particular.  Our WMs don't seem to have the "5 packs" in either, at least not yet.  I know our Target usually has the Death Star and Speeder Bike, so I might pick those up next time I'm there.  We'll see from there.  Like I said, it would be nice to get all of the OT ships, but if its going to be a big crazy chase to get them, or cost a lot, I'll probably just have to forget it.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 1, 2006, 11:09 PM »
If some one could find me an image of a Treasure Hunt card, so I know what to look for in the event I see them, to help some of you guys out?

Aparently these are more important that the 3 3/4" figures at my local Wal*Mart.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 1, 2006, 11:28 PM »
From the "Treasure hunt short packed ships thread":

Oh, here's the pic of my loot....My camera didn't do too good of a job on the "foil" Titanium lable on the GS where it says Limited vs. Series.  I'll try and take a better pic of the ship's packaging by itself.

Ok.  Here's the best pic I could get from my camera for the TH RG.