Author Topic: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!  (Read 212030 times)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Re: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!
« Reply #450 on: September 14, 2007, 11:28 AM »
LoL. I have not seen much since the Plo Kloon... Not much to talk about since there has been little coming out.

Between the focus on Transformers and the new MArvel line, not sure what else they will give us.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 14, 2007, 11:56 AM »
Hey, where'd all the Titanium collectors go?!?  All those repaints scare everyone off?  :P

I'm still here and still strong with this line, not that I'm liking the repaints.  I scored the 2 BSG ships, green A-Wing, blue Tantive IV, and the AT-AP last month so I'm glad to be totally caught up on these little suckers.  Sadly, I miss the $4.99 price point even though that was even asking too much, but such is life.

I was curious if anyone's seen that damned Plo-Koon Starfighter w/ Hyperspace Ring ever (or at least recently).  To this date, I haven't come across a single one of them, though I've found plenty of all the rest.  It doesn't seem to even be making it into the latest refresher cases with the newest wave, like the previously HTF orange B-Wing did.  Annoying.

I've only seen his ship once - when I bought it several months ago, but I just saw another one at Target a day or two ago so I can try and grab you one if you're still looking.  I don't pay attention to case assortments, so maybe it was a return??

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 14, 2007, 06:56 PM »
From Sir Steve's Q&A

Q: The Titanium Series 3" Star Wars vehicle collection is growing larger and larger. When counted against the Galoob's Star Wars Micro Machines line (the expansive original, not their die-cast), the math shows that there were 87 Micro Machines covering the OT, EU, and Episode I, if we subtract the reissues like battle-damaged, speederbikes with new characters, etc., there were 72 unique vehicles. Meanwhile, Hasbro's Titanium line has 101 Star Wars vehicles including single packs, exclusives, and 5-packs (but not gold or silver versions) counting up to 2007 wave 4. However, if we subtract reissues like repaints, there are just 48 unique Titanium vehicles - and 19 of those are reissues from the old Galoob Die Cast line. While we are thankful just to have any line of small Star Wars vehicles, one does wonder if 53 repaints out of 101 may have a negative impact. What does Hasbro think about this issue?

A: Repaints are an inevitability for a line like Titanium, and thanfully the range of on- and off-screen opportunities that have presented themselves over the years give us the confidence to commission new tools knowing that we will be able to get multiple decos out of them. We will say that we are going to be judicious about which ones that we are going to be repainting, and going more toward the fleet approach when it makes sense (Red Squadron, Gold Squadron, EU squadrons even) and less toward the pewter/battle-damage route.

I had no idea that there were 101 of these things made, let alone 53 repaints.  Guess I just lost track.  At least there will be "less" battle damaged ships.  I actually kinda liked the silver/gold ships though just as a novelty.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #453 on: September 17, 2007, 05:46 PM »
I've only seen his ship once - when I bought it several months ago, but I just saw another one at Target a day or two ago so I can try and grab you one if you're still looking.

Nah, don't sweat it Mike, but thanks for the offer.  Not quite worth the added shipping, so I'm hoping one of the local SoCal guys can dig one up for King and I at some point.  Sounds like that may have already happened yesterday, actually, so we may finally be wrapped up with this elusive sucker.  Perhaps it is reshipping in some newer assortments.

Interesting that Hasbro wasn't nearly as apologetic in that SSG answer about the insane number of repaints they've done lately, as opposed to how they were at C4 and SDCC earlier this year when they accepted full responsibility for sending this line down the toilet lately, and begged collectors to stick around until 2008 when more new molds would finally be added back into the line.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 05:47 PM by JediMAC »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 17, 2007, 06:15 PM »
Perhaps it is reshipping in some newer assortments.

It has to be.....Another MN dude found on today on the West Side.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 19, 2007, 05:44 PM »
Some otheR S ite has pics of the next wave of repaints vehicles

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #456 on: September 19, 2007, 09:49 PM »
I would still take the V-wing and Snowtrooper on Speeder....

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #457 on: September 20, 2007, 09:59 AM »
Perhaps it is reshipping in some newer assortments.

It has to be.....Another MN dude found on today on the West Side.

Found another one (Plo Koon JSF) today.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 8, 2007, 06:50 PM »
I was finally able to find a Plo Koon Jedi Starfighter while on vacation in Talladega, AL last week. I believe this makes me current on this line once again. That's a great feeling isn't it?  ;D
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #459 on: October 9, 2007, 09:59 AM »
I haven't seen even the slightest sign of the latest titanium waves and all I'm looking for are the BSG repaints. What exactly am I even looking for? I know of the two Vipers, the balck Mark II and the Red/WHite Mark VII. Are there any other new repaints? I seem to remember hearing there was going to be a Raptor as well.
"This is the way."

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 9, 2007, 06:03 PM »
From, http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS34558Y

2008 Wave 1

Tatooine Skiff
AT-OT (All Terrain Open Transport)

Battlestar Galactica (Classic)
Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter
Millennium Falcon (2005 Deco)
Clone Scout on Speeder Bike
« Last Edit: October 9, 2007, 06:31 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 9, 2007, 08:45 PM »
I haven't seen even the slightest sign of the latest titanium waves and all I'm looking for are the BSG repaints. What exactly am I even looking for? I know of the two Vipers, the balck Mark II and the Red/WHite Mark VII. Are there any other new repaints? I seem to remember hearing there was going to be a Raptor as well.

I wish I could help you out there. I don't know a thing about BSG, so I never pay attention to any of those ships. I'm still thoroughly annoyed that they actually ship them with Star Wars stuff because they prevents me from being able to buy a case of them and just get it over with. I love the feeling of not having to go to the store and search for things only to find that someone already showed up and took just what you wanted.  :P
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 10, 2007, 03:45 PM »
Why do I feel betrayed by Hasblow again...?

They tell us how sorry they are for the amount of repaints and lack of new sculpts that fans are upset about- They tell us not to worry, that they'll fix everything and start generating some new sculpts again en masse.

So this is how we're thanked in 08'?? Yet another ****** repaint wave with 1 new sculpt??

This line blows

DS

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 16, 2007, 12:06 PM »
I finally found the BSG repaints.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #464 on: October 16, 2007, 06:16 PM »
Why do I feel betrayed by Hasblow again...?  They tell us how sorry they are for the amount of repaints and lack of new sculpts that fans are upset about- They tell us not to worry, that they'll fix everything and start generating some new sculpts again en masse.  So this is how we're thanked in 08'?? Yet another ****** repaint wave with 1 new sculpt??

I'm not really going to hold this wave against them.  Even though it's technically listed as Wave 1 for '08, it'll in all likelihood come out before 2007's over, so I'm assuming this is just part of the repaint crap that they're currently entrenched in.  I don't think they told me all of 2008 would be the new stuff, but rather that the newer molds would start coming out in early '08, so we needed to try to hang tight until then.  So we may still possibly be stuck with this repaint **** until wave 3, 4 or 5 of next year - who knows...  But yeah, they better hurry up with the new stuff before they've lost every last collector of this line.  Hell, they'e already turned many people from "completists" to casual collectors for these, so they've already half-way buried themselves right there.

Speaking of repaints, I've finally seen a couple of those (formerly) extremely elusive Plo-Koon Fighters.  It does indeed exist! :P  I've also seen a lot of those BSG repaints over the past couple weeks too.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 06:17 PM by JediMAC »