Author Topic: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!  (Read 210765 times)

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
Re: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!
« Reply #645 on: March 18, 2009, 02:19 PM »
I found those last 2 at Wal-Mart after work yesterday.

According to my notes Wave 8 should be out by May, and is slated to have only 3 new vehicles;

Hounds Tooth
Clone Wars Y-Wing
X-Wing Red 4 (repaint)

The rest, repacks. However one will be Sebulbas Podracer, good news if you missed that one last year.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 18, 2009, 02:59 PM »
However one will be Sebulbas Podracer, good news if you missed that one last year.

What else was in that wave besides the Rogue Shadow?  That's the only wave I've never found and I can't quite remember what else was in there.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 18, 2009, 03:50 PM »
MON CALAMARI STAR CRUISER
ANAKINS PODRACER
X-WING RED 5 (FIRST OF THE MOVABLE WINGS)
VIPER MARK VII CLEAN
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Titanium Series - 3" ---- Cancelled
« Reply #648 on: March 21, 2009, 11:55 AM »

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Titanium Series - 3" ---- Cancelled
« Reply #649 on: March 21, 2009, 12:09 PM »
Quote from: Hasbro
Titanium is indeed a much less-collected sub line that the 3-3/4" line. In the first year of Titanium vehicles, the line showed promise, but the audience never materialized to grow the collecting base. Since them, we have struggled with the amount of new tooling the line could justify along with the extraordinary number of new/refresh items the line needed to stay productive at retail (an outcome of the smaller batch sizes). While we feel that this year we are giving it some great attention and some exciting new tools, this will be the last year for Titanium. The line will be put on hiatus after 2009.

I'm not too surprised about this, and I guess they weren't quite ready to reveal this at TF.  Especially now given the current prices and frequency of repaints, I can understand the limited collecting fan base for this line.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 21, 2009, 05:01 PM »
Well this sucks, but it's also a blessing.  Hasbro - if you would have quit with the repaints and the extreme price increases I think you might have been alright.  Kinda figured this was the case since there was no presence at TF.  One less thing to collect though.

viva gordita.... :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 22, 2009, 11:21 AM »
Yeah Hasbro. Really weird that the line stopped showing promise once you raised the price from $5 to $8 when in the aisle over you could buy die cast stuff for $1.

I'm pissed. I love this line.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 11:22 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 23, 2009, 10:18 AM »
Yeah Hasbro. Really weird that the line stopped showing promise once you raised the price from $5 to $8 when in the aisle over you could buy die cast stuff for $1.

I was pondering the same thing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 23, 2009, 11:37 AM »

I was pondering the same thing.

Double ditto.  I guess the ships I missed out on are long gone now.  There were a couple i had hoped to get repacks of.
I am not the Stig

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 27, 2009, 06:03 PM »
A little bit of catchup work:  Picked up the P-38 Magna Fighter at Target this afternoon.  Picked up the Z-95 Headhunter from WM earlier during the week.  I have Secura's JSF on order from HTS.com but got a letter yesterday saying they are out of stock and waiting for it to come back in stock.  Hope it's sooner than later, so I can put that wave to rest.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 6, 2009, 01:33 PM »
Anyone have trouble finding the Trade Federation Landing Ship? I didn't realize these were only shipped out once, one per case. Looks like these are now going for $12.00 - $15.00 a piece. That has to be one of the more valuable Titanium's out there. I get mine by the case, so I wasn't aware of just how difficult a time some people had finding them.
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 6, 2009, 01:50 PM »
They were everywhere in my neighborhood for about a month before the next wave hit, but it seems that some collectors were sleeping that month. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 4, 2009, 03:08 PM »
SSG: With the unfortunate announcement of the Titanium Series line ending after 2009, fans want to know all about its now-limited future. How many new tools will we be getting between now and its end? When can we expect the last wave, and what will be in that wave? What happens to tooling and promises that were on the bubble for '09, like the Outrider which was promised and forgotten last year and then promised again for the end of '09, or the Gungan Sub which was tooled up and promised in 2000 but canceled? Using the term "hiatus" as you did, is there any hope for the brand's revival in the foreseeable future? As Titanium Series is the only outlet for the majority of Star Wars vehicle toys these days, will Hasbro be filling that void with an all-plastic form of Titaniums?

Hasbro: There should be nine all-new tools to look for from now until the end of the year, with numerous other repaints rounding out the line (these new tools all follow the latest that have hit shipped recently - BARC Speeder, Xizor's Ship, and IG-2000). The nine include: Hound's Tooth, Clone Wars Y-Wing, Hyena Bomber, Punishing One, Malevolence, a new Republic Gunship tool, Mist Hunter, Nebulon B Frigate, and the Outrider. Unfortunately, the Gungan Sub did not make the cut. We have a lot of heart for the series ourselves - it is amazing to reflect back on the 5-1/2 year run of this line and the incredible number of cool ships that were brought out. We are proud of it and feel it was a tremendous line, but we just couldn't keep it active any longer since the large development cost, the need for a lot of items to maintain retail productivity (an outcome of having a smaller but passionate fan base), and high cost of goods are all factors that could not be addressed for a healthy line. Aside from perhaps an improved cost of goods, an all-plastic vehicle line would not solve the problem either, since tooling costs are the same for plastic or metal, we would still need to introduce a ton of designs, and it would not necessarily attract a larger audience for Titanium. It's something we'll be exploring, though. It's important that we continue to work on ways to bring out the most exciting Star Wars vehicle lineup we can.

Such a shame, but at least there's a few new vehicles coming out before this line gets put to bed.  I would hope they could release some five packs as exclusives throughout the years to come.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 4, 2009, 05:34 PM »

Such a shame, but at least there's a few new vehicles coming out before this line gets put to bed.  I would hope they could release some five packs as exclusives throughout the years to come.

I thought you were happy this was going away Mike. I specifically remember arguing with you that it was a shame and you disagreeing. ;)
« Last Edit: May 4, 2009, 05:45 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 4, 2009, 05:53 PM »
I thought you were happy this was going away Mike. I specifically remember arguing with you that it was a shame and you disagreeing. ;)

It's a love/hate thing I have with this line.  I am disapointed though that we're not getting pieces from the elusive 08 w4 before this line dies.  Hasbro loves re-releasing/repainting so it should have been a no brainer.  oh well.....I despise Titaniums.   :D