Author Topic: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!  (Read 211537 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!
« Reply #735 on: November 25, 2009, 09:24 AM »
We've got the final wave or two out here in MN.  Had no clue that I'd actually see them at retail.  I don't recall which recent QnA it was, but I believe H said that all's not doom and gloom for this line - or something like that.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:34 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 11, 2010, 09:12 AM »
I'm sure the people who check this thread are all set with these, but over the weekend I was at AJ Wright (its the same company as Marshalls just a different brand name..) and they had Titaniums for $1.99.  I got the Turbo Tank (not sure if there is a variation), they also had Mace Windu's Eps 3 fighter.  This was in addition to the 30AC figures they've been getting in the last few months.
I am not the Stig

Offline powerfred2k9

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 15, 2010, 10:10 PM »
I'm sure the people who check this thread are all set with these, but over the weekend I was at AJ Wright (its the same company as Marshalls just a different brand name..) and they had Titaniums for $1.99.  I got the Turbo Tank (not sure if there is a variation), they also had Mace Windu's Eps 3 fighter.  This was in addition to the 30AC figures they've been getting in the last few months.

Hey could post some pics of these ?? thanks.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 24, 2010, 12:13 PM »
Seems like vehicles rendition don´t follow a scale
perhaps only Titanium Ultra are planned to mantain a proportion among vessels and ships.

Despite this, all this are good renditions, remember me the work of gorgi toys (die cast cars).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 10, 2010, 06:48 PM »
Anybody (that collected this line) miss it?  I kinda do, but I'm happy to not be on that constant hunt for the latest wave so it's kinda nice.  Wouldn't mind an exclusive box set or two down the road though.

I still need to track down the Rouge Shadow and Calamari ships....someday.  Only 2 ships I missed.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 11, 2010, 02:56 AM »
Actually, I'm kinda glad this line has been put on hiatus.  I was having a tough time keeping up with everything else going on.  I'm missing a few and have been unwilling to yield to the secondary market prices for these which probably means I'll never end up getting them.   :(

AT-RT 5 pack
Secura's JSF
BSG Clean Blue Mark VII
Punishing One
New Tool Gunship

I may be missing 1 or 2 more from the line's early days but haven't been able to take them all out and figure out which one(s).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 21, 2010, 06:02 PM »
Picked up the MON CALAMARI CRUISER off eBay for an okay price - not $5 or $6 like it was back in the day, but I'm glad to check this one off my list. 

Now to find a Rouge Shadow that isn't in the $50-$80 range.   ::)

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 22, 2010, 12:03 PM »
Picked up the MON CALAMARI CRUISER off eBay for an okay price - not $5 or $6 like it was back in the day, but I'm glad to check this one off my list. 

Now to find a Rouge Shadow that isn't in the $50-$80 range.   ::)

Never found that one.
Got the rebel transport cheap loose off of ebay though.

Doc
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 28, 2010, 07:57 PM »
I posted this in the MN thread, but I'd like to try and give this thread a brief breath of life.

Looks like Titanium """"might"""" return in two years +......

Q1) With the popularity of the TITANIUM Series ships the OUTRIDER and NEBULON- B FRIGATE, any possible chance we will see a re-issue of those?

A1)  Titanium is still on hiatus, and has not been scheduled for a return to the toy aisle (meaning it is two years away, at best, if it does return at all).  If it does, we will look at high-demand ships for potential re-release.

Would any of you return to this line (assuming you're still collecting) a few years down the road ?  I was hooked on micro machines back when I was a kid and while I don't collect them - I LOVE these small SW ships as a 32 year old and would welcome a comeback as long as it's not completely full of reissues and repaints.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 29, 2010, 06:56 PM »
I would.
I don't buy them all, mostly OT, but I've missed some the last waves.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #745 on: August 2, 2010, 09:16 PM »
I'm guessing Wave 11 was it (I hadn't been keeping up with wave #'s and such), and was a real biznatch to find right?

Well worry no more...  These are being found at Big Lots stores for $4.00.  I found a full set tonight, picked them up simply because they were tough to find and Titanium is something I'm hoping to pick up in dribs and drabs over time now that the line's defunct.

Happy hunting, and these are some of the better ships IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 2, 2010, 09:25 PM »
They've been showing up at Big Lots for the past month or three.  Glad you were able to score a set Jesse!  Those stores are few and far between in my neighborhood and from what I've heard - they are only stocking crap.  Still on my never ending search for a Rouge Shadow to finish my tite collection.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #747 on: August 3, 2010, 03:56 AM »
Really?  I didn't see anyone mentioning it...  Seemed like it was a tough wave to track down, so I would think it's big news for guys still trying to track down those last ones.  I was glad to pick a couple of them up...  They're testament to how much of a shame it is that this line died.  They had life left too...  There's so much EU, and repaintability, they could've really kept it going if they had kept the prices down.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 3, 2010, 09:35 AM »
Sorry - it hasn't been discussed in this thread, but has been pretty heavily on other sites for the past few months.  Ya it was a bear of a wave to track down, but I scored mine early on HTS.  Hopefully this line gets some sort of revival down the road, but I'm sure it would be 90% repaints/reissues if it ever did.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 27, 2010, 06:18 PM »
I can cross the WM 5 Pack with Raw Metal AT-RT off my list as I was able to finally acquire it at a fair price.

I've had no luck finding the new tool gunship or Punishing One at Big Lots, Ross, Marshall's, and TJ Maxx since reports of Titaniums showing up there.   :(  Has anyone seen those 2?