Author Topic: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!  (Read 210759 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart's Titanium Series!
« Reply #30 on: July 2, 2005, 05:15 PM »
Looks like Series 3 of these ships is starting to trickle out now.  Just came across these on eBay:

- TIE Bomber
- Land Speeder
- Swamp Speeder ???
- Naboo Fighter
- ARC-170 Fighter

Anyone know what else is in that series, or is it just those 5?  I've lost track...

This is actually the first time I've heard of there being a Wave 3 - thanks for pointing this out.

Swamp Speeder - what is that?  It's really hard to tell by the pic, but could this be the first EU ship?
« Last Edit: July 2, 2005, 05:16 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #31 on: July 4, 2005, 03:07 AM »
Nope.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/swampspeeder/

I don't think I could point out where it's clearly shown in the film, so it may have been excised from the final cut or else it's just in the background somewhere.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 4, 2005, 03:54 AM »
Thanks!  I never even thought to check out the Databank.  I'll have to keep an eye out for this ship when I see the movie again on Tuesday.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 8, 2005, 10:38 AM »

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 8, 2005, 12:22 PM »
I miss Galoob
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2005, 03:33 PM »
Just taking another look through the various pics today, and I didn't see anyone mention the possibility of die cast mini figures, as well as playsets, similar to the vintage "Micro Collection" series.  These look to be part of the Titanium "line" as well.  I haven't bought any of this otherwise, but always liked those Micro Collection sets as a kid.  If there is playsets like this, I might be tempted to pick some up.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2005, 01:26 PM »
Yeah coming this summer....when hasbro?...what month? I havn't seen these yet...less heard of them popping up anywhere...there publicity is on the backburner with all the other stuff being rel. right now.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2005, 10:25 PM »
Wow i havent seen these at Walmart ever...wut section are they usually on? the hot wheels? thanks!

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 4, 2005, 11:14 PM »
nevermind, i finally saw ONE anakin starfighter. how sad, didnt get it since the back of the card was all taped up.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2005, 01:59 AM »
Swamp Speeder - what is that?  It's really hard to tell by the pic, but could this be the first EU ship?

This swamp speeder is also in the wookie catamaran lego set that I have. Never saw it in film

I went to my Walmart tonite and they had pegs in the hotwheels section getting ready for a shipment of titanium ships-there's only 3 pegs..how sad is that?-damn I better get them off the pallet or bust before the scalpers!!!! the employee told me they're in the middle of their reset/they have 40 pallets of toys in the back that have to be set by aug 24th!!! so during this time somewhere the series 3 titanium will be set.....geez thanks for the vagueness

Offline zachmoe

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2005, 06:35 PM »
nevermind, i finally saw ONE anakin starfighter. how sad, didnt get it since the back of the card was all taped up.

I actually think they are all like this, all of the ones I have anyways.  It is pretty crappy from the back, luckily that's not the side that gets looked at most  ;D

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2005, 03:50 AM »
I just picked up the TITANIUM 5 pack at WM tonite in Lancaster...OOOOHHH the silver ATRT-OH boy :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2005, 03:31 AM »
This bull**** is really getting annoying.  >:(  The series 1 ships have gone up like 500%, to ridiculously insane amounts.  Hard to play catch up on those ships that I NEVER saw when they're hitting outrageous amounts like that.  And here's a Falcon that just went for $48.  Unbelievable.  These things have absolutely skyrocketed just in the past 2-3 weeks.  Used to be only the X-Wing going for $25+, but now they all are.  Insane.

Hell, even the Series 2 ships barely saw the light of day, even if I did see them on several occasions.  I wonder when these hit regular release (in all stores) next year, if they'll put some of the earlier ships out again...  Seems like it'd be a wise move.  Perhaps in slightly modified packaging, or something like that.  Wouldn't bother me, since I'm opening 'em up anyway...

Have you guys found any more Series 3 yet, or just the 5-pack lately?

And Jon, you saw pegs for these in the Hot Wheels section?  Damn, I'll have to make sure to check in there too, since I've only ever seen them around the regular SW section.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 03:40 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2005, 07:21 PM »
So I found the 5-pack gift set AND Series 3 yesterday.  I was even able to nab the cool store display box that the individual ships come in (even though an employee told me not to take it  :P).  Only problem is that there were no Tie Bombers to be found...  It looked like I was first to the case, so I'm wondering if the Bombers aren't quite shipping yet, or something wierd?  Or maybe I wasn't first to the loot afterall...  I dunno.  But considering that's the one I wanted most from this series, I'm kinda bummed I didn't find it.

So what's next on tap after these two things?  I can't recall anymore...  Anyone remember?

This bull**** is really getting annoying.  >:(  The series 1 ships have gone up... to ridiculously insane amounts.

Sitting at $112, with a couple hours left.  That's insane.  These were $5 ships, originally...  ::)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2005, 04:05 AM »
Hey JediMac!

There's an additional 5 pack coming out and a series 4
I think I saw both 5 packs at the comic con- Wasn't the second one having a platinum republic gunship?? Can't remember. Anyway since you and I are both complete on these now I'll be willing to bet that series 4 and the new 5 pack will come out in NOV with the DVD. And..MAtt- let's see how fast these dissapear off the shelves. I know with series one I only saw about 1 case worth in 2 out 4 WM's here. On April 2nd all Walmarts had the series 2 but were sold out w/in 2 weeks-This time stores got significant amount of cases-think it was 7-8. With these series 3 it looked like my local store got in only 2 cases. Looking at the past..Matt, I don't wanna wait to buy it.

You've seen it -what can happen on ebay- no way I'll pass /wait on series 4 if I see it in the store