Author Topic: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!  (Read 212488 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!
« Reply #255 on: January 4, 2007, 05:09 PM »
Yep, the deco is different - all my older stuff is packed away though.  There's pics on Scum comparing all three of the Colonials, and I was reading a description there about how Scar's coloring is greyish blue, has an eye, but that he/it is missing the scar.  Sorry, couldn't find pics of the Cylons.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #256 on: January 5, 2007, 12:12 AM »
More new Titaniums up on the front page...  Luke's Speeder, Sailbarge, Imperial Attack Cruiser, and a re-release of the Firespray which is different...  Their EU's been so fuzzy at times on that ship that I think the folks at Hasbro were looking to tie them together by saying the ship wasn't as rare as old EU said and it was put into production, blah blah blah...

Suffice it to say, I want the Firespray from X-Wing: Alliance someday.  It has a dancing Twi'Lek girl painted on the hull...  Very sharp paintjob and something Hasbro should jump at.  It's one of the Azzameen family's ships from that game.

This one looks very...  shiney.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 5, 2007, 12:56 AM »
Since I missed the Snowspeeder, I'll likely grab Luke's when it comes out, but I think I'll be passing on the others.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 5, 2007, 12:07 PM »
Yep, the deco is different - all my older stuff is packed away though.  There's pics on Scum comparing all three of the Colonials, and I was reading a description there about how Scar's coloring is greyish blue, has an eye, but that he/it is missing the scar.  Sorry, couldn't find pics of the Cylons.

Thanks, that helps. 

Some nice stuff coming by the looks of things.  Like Jesse, I'm mostly not into repaints and I'm sticking to OT/BG with this line and selectively at that. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #259 on: January 6, 2007, 06:20 AM »
Has anyone noticed a lack of product on the shelves? I don't collect any of the SW, but pick up some of the BG's and have noticed a very short supply.

Most definitely, Anthony.  I've hardly seen ANY Star Wars diecast in a good month at any of the Targets I frequent.  Weird.  It almost seems like they got clearanced out based on how suddenly they all dried up and disappeared, but that's obviously not the case.  Just a bunch of Transformer **** at my stores.  I've found most of my recent titaniums at TRU actually, including half of the newer wave (Blockade Runner, Vader Starfighter, Obi Fighter w/ Ring, Maul Speeder, and Padme Skiff).  Totally whiffing/whiffed on the rest, so I'm getting a bit nervous about those now, especially the chase Paploo Bike.

Did anyone pick up the two gold ships with the Transformer Falcon set?  Saw a few of those last month, but passed on them thinking I could find a cheaper alternative later, but I'm thinking I may wind up regretting that decision.  I'm contemplating just ditching all the silver/gold crap that they keep putting out.  I was able to do that with the MR mini sabers, just picking up the movie specific versions, so perhaps I could do it with this line as well...

I'm contemplating picking up the classic BG Colonial Viper and Cylon Raider ships as well, just because I loved those two ships so much as a kid.  I think they'd blend in nicely with the SW ones, and I could live without the rest of the BG line, no problem.  I already passed on the Viper several times though, so hopefully I haven't missed the boat on that one now.  Are there any variations on that one (in it's classic form), or is there just the one on the left of the picture above and that's it?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 6, 2007, 01:38 PM »
What you see there Matt is what you get, to the best of my knowledge.  I've been trying to keep up with the BG stuff pretty well and I don't know of any other variations.

If anyone can help with the two new releases, it would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2007, 12:57 AM by Morgbug »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #261 on: January 7, 2007, 02:51 AM »
I'm contemplating just ditching all the silver/gold crap that they keep putting out.

I swore I wasn't getting into another line than the basic one, but the 3" Titanium line sucked me in, and that was my rationale for getting into these Matt.  I just vowed not to go nuts over things I didn't want like silver/gold chase stuff or BG/Transformers casemates.  For me it's film and EU only.  If it looks "real" I'll buy it basically.

For me the EU-ishness of some of them is what drove me to buy...  Got the blue A-Wing first and was drawn in immediately because this is sort of a dream to me come true.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 9, 2007, 02:56 AM »
I did find the following last week though:

Amidala's Skiff
AT-ST
Jedi Fighter w/ring
Vader's SF
Rebel Blockade Runner
Maul's Speeder
BSG Scar
BSG Classic Colonial

So you guys are up to wave 15 then?  Sheesh, wave 10 just arrived at my TRU here in Siberia.  ::)

Does anyone have a good pic of the loose original TIE (grey/blue, from wave 1 in 2005 and rereleased in wave 8 in 2006) compared to the "battle damaged" one from wave 11?  I'd prefer the original version, but may be willing to get the damaged one if it looks OK.

edit - BTW, feel free to check out the Titanium checklist for your convenience.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2007, 02:58 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 9, 2007, 12:23 PM »
Good luck on finding the original Tie.  This was originally part of the WM exclusive stuff.  I haven't seen either version in the wild in quite some time.

Just picked up the Endor AT-AT, Grevious Starfighter, & Anakins Mod Fighter....Now if I can just find that danmed Ewok on bike.  I had no problem whatsoever with the past "UGH's" and as far as I know this one isn't labled with a special sticker.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #264 on: January 9, 2007, 12:32 PM »
Now if I can just find that danmed Ewok on bike.  I had no problem whatsoever with the past "UGH's" and as far as I know this one isn't labled with a special sticker.

You and me both. I'm still looking  ! :P

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 9, 2007, 03:41 PM »
I did find the following last week though:

Amidala's Skiff
AT-ST
Jedi Fighter w/ring
Vader's SF
Rebel Blockade Runner
Maul's Speeder
BSG Scar
BSG Classic Colonial

So you guys are up to wave 15 then?  Sheesh, wave 10 just arrived at my TRU here in Siberia.  ::)

Does anyone have a good pic of the loose original TIE (grey/blue, from wave 1 in 2005 and rereleased in wave 8 in 2006) compared to the "battle damaged" one from wave 11?  I'd prefer the original version, but may be willing to get the damaged one if it looks OK.

edit - BTW, feel free to check out the Titanium checklist for your convenience.

Jesse--

This original tie (grey undamaged) was also rereleased in one of the 5 packs as well I believe unless you were interested in the having the original with the original packaging...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 9, 2007, 09:27 PM »
Jesse--

This original tie (grey undamaged) was also rereleased in one of the 5 packs as well I believe unless you were interested in the having the original with the original packaging...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.  That's an option since packaging doesn't matter to me, I'm collecting these purely for displaying loose.

Thanks Jon.  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #267 on: January 10, 2007, 03:23 AM »
That's one I need too...

Anyone amassing extras loose they don't want?  Preferably in lots for semi-cheap...  I'm considering picking up some extras in lots to paint up, but I'm so far behind since I came in late on these that I'm just not up on a lot of the first waves anyway.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 11, 2007, 03:54 AM »
Sadly..as with what I believe will be a growing trend this year for all SW products, WM retailers have moved UP the price of these to 5.88 now >:(. I purchased some tonite at WM with the new price..I also bought the wave in Northern Cally 3 weeks ago and they rang up for the new BS price too.

>:(

DS

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 13, 2007, 01:19 PM »
Hasbrotoyshop has a bunch of the newer titanium ships available for the $4.99 pricepoint as of today.  I ordered the following:

Amidala's Star Skiff
Star Destroyer
Vader's Starfighter
Rebel Blockade Runner
Snowspeeder
Tie Bomber
Endor AT-AT
AT-ST

They list Amidala's Star Skiff as Amidala's Star Skiff with Paploo Vehicle.  I didn't really want either, but my curiousity got the better of me and I wanted to see if Paploo would come with it, sort of a bundle deal to offload a ship they don't expect to sell otherwise (the Skiff). 

They also had the funky ARC-170, 'Scar' Cylon Raider and Colonial Viper available when you look at the listing, but as soon as you try to order they indicate they are temporarily out of stock.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. 

So I'm begging now, can someone please help with the two newest BSG ships?  I own the first six thanks to the kindness of strangers and would like to stay complete with that line that doesn't make it to Canada.