Author Topic: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!  (Read 211714 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!
« Reply #330 on: March 24, 2007, 01:47 AM »
I haven't followed the BSG line at all, but are they making that Cylon command ship/city thing?  No idea what it's called, but it's like two diamond shaped things stuck together, where that Imperius Leader dude resided.
Matt, you're referring to the Cyclon Basestar.  I haven't heard that one will be made.  I'd definitely be on board to pick one up as well.  Only if they kept the Ultra line alive, this would have been a nice Ultra ship.

I'm slapping myself in the head because I completely forgot that they could make a base star. I thought they made everything they could make. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 24, 2007, 03:00 AM »
Picked up the Classic Cylon Raider and Pegasus at Target today. :)
Nice Darth_Anton, I was going to ask if anyone has seen these at retail yet.  Bummer, I won't have time to hunt until probably Friday.  I hope I'll find them by the end of the weekend.   8)
I'm so excited now that I've got the newest titaniums after a couple of runs today.  The Cylon Raider is bigger than what I remember the pictures showed, and the Pegasus is a nice addition to my BSG Titanium collection!

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #332 on: March 24, 2007, 10:05 AM »
I still can't find these !!! Where are they !!???!!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 24, 2007, 12:37 PM »
One of my local Targets reset today and Spiderman takes up almost half of the action figure section....I found three 3" titanium Spiderman 3 figures.  I had no idea that they were incorporating these into the tite line.  I picked them up even though they look like gumball machine fodder.  Hasbro could probably pack a piece of chewed gum in these packages and I'd probably still buy it.  :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 3, 2007, 01:01 PM »
I've only picked up four of the Titanium ships since the beginning of the line, but I've always been tempted to get more.  As space (and budget) becomes more and more of an issue for me, it makes me think that having a nice display of ships would be easier with these little guys.  I'd probably stick to just the OT ships to make things easier (at least at first), but it seems like - for the most part - it wouldn't be too tough to catch up.  I realize there are some that are repaints of previous versions, but to at least have one version of each ship would be ok.  I picked up a Dagobah X-Wing a week or so back at Target, just to have an X-Wing.  I don't know that I could ever get rid of my Hasbro ships, but I could definitely see the benefits (price and display/space) of collecting and displaying this line instead.  It does seem like a fun little line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 4, 2007, 02:37 PM »
I've only picked up four of the Titanium ships since the beginning of the line

Ok, make that 5.  I picked up Luke's snowspeeder today.  I can already feel the landslide starting - I should have just stayed away :).

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #336 on: April 4, 2007, 03:03 PM »
lol............

It's over...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 6, 2007, 04:06 PM »
I placed an order at HTS.com today (while they briefly had the McQuarrie Stormie in stock), and tacked on some more Titanium ships to spread the shipping around a bit.  I picked up more of the OT ships, with my hopes of getting at least one of each of the ships (not necessarily the variants/repaints right now).  Quick question for you guys who know more about the line, how difficult (or expensive) would it be for me to pick up these ships (which aren't out right now):

Slave 1 (Boba)
TIE Fighter
Star Destroyer
Y-Wing
TIE Bomber
Death Star
Executor
Imperial Shuttle

Now I know that some (Death Star, Imperial Shuttle) are somewhat recent.  I suppose others (Y-Wing, possibly TIE Fighter) will come in repaints at some point.  I was just wondering how difficult it would be to pick these remaining ships up.  I know I saw most to all of these at some point, but I wasn't "on board" with them then.

Offline mookie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 7, 2007, 10:01 PM »
according to entertainmentearth.com wave 4 for 2007 will consist of the following:

Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter
B-Wing (Orange)
All-Terrain Attack Pod (AT-AP)
Battlestar Galactica Viper Mark II
Battlestar Galactica Red Viper Mark VII
A-Wing (Green)
Tantive IV (Episode III Blockade Runner)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 7, 2007, 11:51 PM »
Great, more BSG stuff.  I'm ecstatic it's coming, but it puts me in severe begging mode.  I still haven't caught up on the Pegasus and classic Cylon Raider. 

The repaints aren't that exciting, but oh well.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 8, 2007, 01:19 AM »
Wonder if the BSG Vipers will be repainted or straight release of the previous paint jobs?  Wish they had pics!

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 8, 2007, 10:39 PM »
Has anyone been finding the B1G1 Titanium 2 packs at KB (the ones that were to be released at WM)?  I was just curious if these were becoming available at most or all KBs.  I've just seen reports of these being found a week ago in the NE but haven't anything else since.  I'm looking to pick up the 2-pack that has the ARC-170.  I still don't have that one carded.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 9, 2007, 12:37 AM »
  Quick question for you guys who know more about the line, how difficult (or expensive) would it be for me to pick up these ships (which aren't out right now):

Slave 1 (Boba)
TIE Fighter
Star Destroyer
Y-Wing
TIE Bomber
Death Star
Executor
Imperial Shuttle

Brian,
Tie fighters are a dime a dozen and if you don't care about the color on the y-wing, there's bound to be one again soon. 

The rest are sort of iffy because there's little they can do in terms of repaints.  None are commanding a lot on ebay really, though I confess to not looking for the tie bomber lately. 

To some degree, your best bet might be trying to find the titanium Walmart sets.  the OT versions can be had relatively cheaply on ebay.  At least for the ones with the raw metal death star and the raw metal falcon.  The ships included should be different enough that you can justify owning them, or you could return the duplicates if you haven't already opened them.  Here's the other set on ebay

That'll cover off a lot on your list.  Boba's slave I will be kind of tough, because they're really into repainting it into a variety of rainbow colors, though maybe it will come back around as a battle damaged version of something.  I'm in the same boat, I need this one too. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 9, 2007, 09:39 AM »
Thanks for the info Brent.  Yeah, I figured most could be found without too much trouble.  Like I said too, I saw most of them at one point, but of course didn't decide I wanted them until much later.  That's the usual story with me.  That said, I'm not necessarily in a big hurry to complete everything, so I'll just wait and see if we see any re-releases.  If they would re-release Slave 1 in a "battle damaged" paint scheme, that's good enough for me most likely.  I just want to have a version of each of the OT ships for now, and repaints are alright as long as they aren't too wacky or off-base.  We were picking up some other stuff at Target this weekend, so I grabbed a Blockade Runner and the Firespray Interceptor, and I've got a handful of others coming in some online orders later this week too.  They are kind of a fun little line though, and not too difficult to find space to display, so that's nice too.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 9, 2007, 11:18 AM »
I'm in the exact same boat.  I passed for a long while and now am playing catchup, primarily with OT ships.  I'm buying Jedi Starfighters too and occasionally something else PT, but not much.  I've seen pretty much everything over time, except for the BSG ships that don't for whatever reason come to Canada ???

Space is the issue and because these are so nice and so small, I'm offloading all my Hasbro ships (except the Shuttle) in favor of these little guys.  40+ titaniums take the same display space as an AT-AT, so it's hard to argue.