Author Topic: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!  (Read 212080 times)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Re: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!
« Reply #345 on: April 9, 2007, 11:34 AM »
These are my Hot Wheels and I love them. I have done the BSG and Transformers too.  :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 9, 2007, 11:50 AM »
I'm in the exact same boat.  I passed for a long while and now am playing catchup, primarily with OT ships.  I'm buying Jedi Starfighters too and occasionally something else PT, but not much.  I've seen pretty much everything over time, except for the BSG ships that don't for whatever reason come to Canada

Space is the issue and because these are so nice and so small, I'm offloading all my Hasbro ships (except the Shuttle) in favor of these little guys.  40+ titaniums take the same display space as an AT-AT, so it's hard to argue. 

I was planning on going primarily OT with these as well, but I do have a Vader Starfighter on the way and have considered picking up some of the other Jedi fighters.  Beyond those, I don't know.  For now I'll probably focus on the OT ships, and we'll see after that.

You hit the nail on the head with the display space issue.  I really do like Hasbo's vehicles for the most part, but they do take up a fair amount of space to display.  I'd like to finish out the OT ships I'm missing (Y-Wing later this year, Skiff/TIE Bomber/Sandcrawler if ever re-released, and Cloud Car if they ever make it), but I've maxed out my display space already now.  Its time for PT ships to get packed away (or at least some of them), or to think about selling some stuff.  I don't know if I could bring myself to do it, but your example of 40 Titaniums taking up the same space as the AT-AT is a very valid one.  I have a limited amount of display space overall, and really don't like a "cluttered/overwhelming" display look, and I'm bordering on that now.  Again, thanks for the info on the line, it is much appreciated.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 11, 2007, 11:50 AM »
After a while... they are like the dark side... you just can't resist them and this is why:

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #348 on: April 12, 2007, 04:25 AM »
Nice set up there, DK.  I've been collecting this line (complete) since the beginning, but haven't cracked open any of my ships yet, I'm embarrased to say.  But your pix there inspire me to get my ass in gear and get mine on display soon.

Brian, not sure what to say about playing catch up at this late juncture, but pretty much all of the ships have been in plentiful supply, with the possible exception of a couple of the Chase pieces, so hopefully you can still track down the ones you still need.  I know I've seen some pretty old ones still floating around at some stores 'round here, but if you're all tapped out in that respect, I guess you may want to take a gander at eBay.  I've seen some decent sized Titanium lots for sale, all for less than retail (though shipping's a bit much due to their weight).  If you put a list of the ones you're still looking for in here, I'll keep an eye out for ya'...

Has anyone been finding the B1G1 Titanium 2 packs at KB?

What's KB?  :P

Seriously though, now that the Panarama KB is gone, there are none that are close by enough to stop into anymore, other than the Ventura one when I'm up that way, which isn't often.  Not sure if Anthony ever pops into the Sherman Oaks one near him, but that's the only other one nearby.

P.S.  I've found several of the classic Cylon Raiders the past couple weeks.  Very spiffy looking, especially next to the Viper.  First non-SW collectibles I've picked up since about 1980.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 12, 2007, 09:23 AM »
Nice set up there, DK.  I've been collecting this line (complete) since the beginning, but haven't cracked open any of my ships yet, I'm embarrased to say.  But your pix there inspire me to get my ass in gear and get mine on display soon.

These are like the unleashed... I can't see keeping them locked up. They display well and look nice like this. The only one kept sealed was the Gold Vader Tie from last year.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 13, 2007, 05:47 PM »
I've been collecting this line (complete) since the beginning, but haven't cracked open any of my ships yet, I'm embarrased to say.  But your pix there inspire me to get my ass in gear and get mine on display soon.
I'm still missing just a few earlier pieces; I think these were ones from WM only.  I have them all carded as well, but I've been buying duplicates of the ones I really like to open.  I need to be inspired as well to get these guys opened and displayed.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 13, 2007, 06:04 PM »

I'm still missing just a few earlier pieces; I think these were ones from WM only.

Those pieces (taped back and all) were all re-released at Target 4-6 months ago just to let you know...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 13, 2007, 06:43 PM »

I'm still missing just a few earlier pieces; I think these were ones from WM only.

Those pieces (taped back and all) were all re-released at Target 4-6 months ago just to let you know...

I came into the game a little late, but I never saw the Anakin Yellow JSF, ARC 170 red, and the yellow/orange Y-wing at Target. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #353 on: April 15, 2007, 10:13 PM »
The only Titaniums that were exclusive to WM was the very first wave of 4 ships which were all re-released later on everywhere, like Mike just mentioned, PLUS any vehicles that were unique to those WM exclusive 5-packs, which I don't recall off hand.  I know there were at least several in those sets that didn't hit anywhere else.  Don't recall if that applies to the three King just mentioned though.  Do you know if those are single carded ships, King?  If so, then they definitely would've hit Target/TRU at some point as well...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 16, 2007, 04:41 PM »
I had a batch of these arrive from HTS.com today ($4.99 each), so I've gotten a few more into the collection.  I think I'm somewhat caught up with what is currently available at retail (for OT stuff), so now I'll just have to eventually look at backtracking or waiting for new/re-released versions of the others I'm missing.  I picked up the following:

AT-AT
AT-ST
B-Wing
Jabba's Sailbarge
Sandcrawler
Darth Vader's Sith Starfighter

I always liked the ROTS starfighter design, so I decided to pick one fo them up as my first foray into PT-type stuff.  I might grab Obi-Wan/Mace/Anakin's eventually too, but I still haven't decided on the rest.  It would be nice to get the whole mess of things, but I should probably try to keep these more limited since I'm trying to cut back, not spend more ;).  I do really like these though, very price/display space friendly.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 16, 2007, 05:23 PM »
I've got a question for those familiar with the first release of the Snowspeeder in 2005.

Here's the 2006 version (vintage/battle-damaged):

Here's the 2007 version (Luke's):

My question is this - was the first version "clean"?  I was hoping to track down a non-battle-damaged / non-dirty version.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 16, 2007, 06:09 PM »
The first version was indeed clean and was originally a WM exclusive which was very difficult to track down.  Don't even get me started on the first four ships that I thought I'd never own..

The original Snowspeeder and some of the others from WM were later re-released to the big box stores but I only saw a few of them at Target though.

Here's my list of WM exclusive stuff from the best of my recollection:

Slave I (WM)
X-Wing (WM)
Tie Fighter (WM)
Millennium Falcon (WM)
AT-RT (WM)
A-Wing (WM)
Snowspeeder (WM)
Star Destroyer (WM)
Republic Gunship (WM)
Jedi Starfighter (WM)
Y-Wing (WM)
Droid Tri Wing Fighter (WM)
Swamp Speeder (WM)
Land Speeder (WM)
ARC-170 (WM)
Naboo Fighter (WM)
Tie Bomber (WM)

Note - these are all first releases and the original Snowspeeder was never released in a giftset.  Matt, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 06:16 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 16, 2007, 06:23 PM »
This is what I've listed in my checklist (nice job remembering all those):

2005 Wave 1

___ Millennium Falcon
___ Slave I (Boba Fett's)
___ TIE Fighter
___ X-Wing Fighter

2005 Wave 2

___ A-Wing Fighter
___ AT-RT
___ Droid Tri-Fighter
___ Jedi Starfighter (ROTS Anakin's yellow)
___ Republic Gunship (red)
___ Snowspeeder
___ Star Destroyer
___ Y-Wing Fighter

2005 Wave 3

___ ARC-170 Fighter
___ Landspeeder
___ Naboo Fighter (yellow)
___ Swamp Speeder (red)
___ TIE Bomber

So I guess it would be safe to assume that all of the vehicles in those first 3 waves were "clean" versions?  It's hard to track down pics of them all.

And here's the ones that were repacked in 2006:

2006 Wave 8

___ AT-RT
___ Jedi Starfighter (ROTS Anakin's yellow)
___ Millennium Falcon
___ Republic Gunship (red)
___ Slave I (Boba Fett's)
___ TIE Fighter
___ X-Wing Fighter
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 06:25 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 17, 2007, 08:12 AM »
Man I never found one until this year. I guess I should be happy I at least have that one.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 17, 2007, 01:24 PM »
Jessevader--

This is all correct..wave 2 came out right as the episode 3 toys were released(at WM only). This first snowspeeder had either orange or yellow detailing on it as well(I'm not near my collection so I cannot reference-sorry) and was not BD/weathered. The snowspeeder also came with a WM excl multi-pack too..one of the ones you showed perhaps?

DS

EDIT: it appears I'm wrong about the multi 'gift pack' comment. For some reason I was thinking there were 5 of those made.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 01:38 PM by Darth Slothus »