Author Topic: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!  (Read 211461 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!
« Reply #390 on: May 7, 2007, 07:22 PM »

This whole wave does nothing for me, so I'll be passing.  I know a lot of people have been looking forward to the V-Wing, but I'm focusing on OT (and non-repaints).
« Last Edit: May 7, 2007, 07:23 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #391 on: May 7, 2007, 07:52 PM »
Looks like it's time to get selective. 3 Arc-170 repaints was enough for me.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #392 on: May 9, 2007, 11:37 PM »
I just noticed that RS referred to Obi-Wan's Starfighter from this wave as "Battle-Damaged".  Glancing at the pic, and at the one I just begrudgingly bought at WM since I couldn't remember if it was repainted (along with the Clone Tank, B-Wing & ARC), I can see some black streaks on it.  Were those on the original Obi Fighter, or was it clean?  Anyone have theirs (or a pic) around to compare the two?  I'm guessing it's a slight paint alteration to this ship as well, which is going to compel my stupid OCD into buying (and keeping) yet another piece of crap from this wave...  >:(
« Last Edit: May 9, 2007, 11:42 PM by JediMAC »

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 10, 2007, 02:16 AM »
Matt, I don't have the first maroon Obi JSF, but I seem to recall it was a clean version.  And I think it's the one that came out of the 1st WM 5 pack?  I hope I get to find these new titaniums when I get to hunt this weekend.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 02:19 AM by King_Maul »

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 10, 2007, 10:09 AM »
I went into WM and opened a case of Titaniums to find...

The previous wave...

Which was fine cause I needed the BSG pieces from the wave. So it worked.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #395 on: May 10, 2007, 06:40 PM »
I went into WM and opened a case of Titaniums to find...

The previous wave...

Which was fine cause I needed the BSG pieces from the wave. So it worked.

Speaking of which... does anyone happen to have an extra BSG Pegasus? I only collect the Galactica Titainiums and it is the only one I can't for the life of me find. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 11, 2007, 12:03 AM »
Pegasus? I have 1. Actually I took it to our last swap meet and no one wanted so I was getting ready to return it- I f you want me to ship it, Ryan, send me a PM.

On another note My Vwing titanium paint job looks nothing like the entertainment earth photo above. It looks better!!There's black, orange,yellow (battle damage?) markings all over it. It actually looks really cool!

I find it interesting that what I bought from retail looks so different....

DS

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #397 on: May 11, 2007, 03:18 AM »
I actually saw a Pegasus for the first time today, so I think there's still hope for those still looking for that one.  Sorry, I hadn't read this thread prior to my toy run, or I'd have nabbed it.  I'm actually pleased with myself for even managing to pass on it, since I bit on the classic Viper and Cylon Raider for some odd nostalgic reason.  But I think the look of those two fighters are quite a bit cooler than the bigger Pegasus, which had a rather crappy paint job as well, IMO.  I don't feel quite as nostalgic for that ship, so I think 2 BSGs is going to fortunately be enough for me.

Still haven't seen the V-Wing or Plo-Koon fighter though.

Pegasus? I have 1. Actually I took it to our last swap meet and no one wanted so I was getting ready to return it- I f you want me to ship it, Ryan, send me a PM.

No need to ship it really, if you're both going to be at C4 in a couple weeks.  You could just take it along and save the few bucks in shipping a tiny little ship like that.  Or you could give it to me, Jon, and I could pass it along to Ryan there, no problem...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #398 on: May 11, 2007, 05:31 AM »
Matt, I don't have the first maroon Obi JSF, but I seem to recall it was a clean version.  And I think it's the one that came out of the 1st WM 5 pack?...

Indeed, it did.  Thanks for the tip, King.  I double checked in Jesse's checklists, and yeah, it was in that first WM 5-pack, and shockingly, I even knew exactly where mine was (and more shockingly was able to get to it).  Compared the two, and yes, the first one's squeeky clean, and this one's definitely "battle-damaged".  Aside from the aforementioned black (carbon?) streaks on the ship, there's also a bunch of silverish paint chips scattered around the new version (which you can't really see in the picture above).  The differences are definitely very noticeable when the two versions are side by side, and a must get for any "completists" who nab anything with any type of paint differences.  Glad I looked into this, 'cause I was of the opinion I only needed the obvious five ships from this latest wave...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 05:48 AM by JediMAC »

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 11, 2007, 08:48 AM »
I actually opened a case at a WM recently and pulled a Cyclon Raider, Viper and Pegasus from the case. One each may be why it has been hard to see these on pegs.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 24, 2007, 12:09 AM »
SDCC Battlestar Galactica Titanium Series Vehicle 3-pack.  Listed on page 46 of the guide :-\  Man, I hope they're repaints.  Actually, no I don't.  I hope they are ships I already have. 

Because I don't have these yet  Scum posted the new titanium ships including two Vipers which of course I'll need help with :-\ (and maybe the SDCC stuff too cough*Colman*cough)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 12:49 AM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 24, 2007, 01:29 AM »
RS... good at least I only have to buy 1 new vehicle/**** the repaints Hasbro

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 24, 2007, 02:39 AM »
Wow, the repaints look weak in this wave.  IMO, sloppy paint apps and wierd colors.  The AT-AP looks cool though.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #403 on: May 24, 2007, 04:07 AM »
Yep, more weak repaints.  At least it appears there's only two this time (for SW at least), so that's not quite as bad.

Speaking of which, I still haven't found the new Plo Fighter/Ring set yet, but finally managed to find the elusive V-Wing on the way home tonight at WM.  Glad to get that little bugger out of the way finally.  Nice looking ship.  Of course, anything that's actually NEW looks amazing nowadays, and is pretty much downright shocking at this point.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 04:07 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #404 on: May 27, 2007, 06:52 AM »
And yet even MORE repaints in the next wave following that, based on what we've seen at C4 this week, including a white Vader's TIE, a camoflauged (more like white and green striped) AT-RT, and one other I no longer recall, plus a new Trade Fed battleship.

But two of the top Hasbro guys assured me the repaints would be subsiding soon (since they understand they've gone a bit overboard with them of late), and that there's going to be much more all-new vehicles in the line in the near future (including EU), so please don't bail on this line yet as it'll be making a nice rebound soon.

I'll believe it when I see it, but they appeared to be telling the truth here.  There was a level of desperation in their tone knowing they've run one of their favorite lines into the ground, and that folks were starting to move away from this line, or their completist ways with it.