Author Topic: WAlmart exclusive ANH figure pack  (Read 2608 times)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
WAlmart exclusive ANH figure pack
« on: November 17, 2004, 04:25 PM »
Picked up the wlamart ANH 4 figure dvd pack with Luke, obi-wan, R2 and C-3P0.
Now I'm not sure which waves these are from, so I'll just describe them as they are.
Luke is pretty good, not great but good enough for my kid. He has articulation at the neck, shoulders, elbows, waist, hips and knees.
The wasy his legs are posed, they are close together so it takes a little effort to get him to stand ok on his own.
His lightsaber as well as Obi-wans' had a clear rubber band holding them on. Luke can hold his lightsaber ineither hand. His paints are neat and no noticable mistakes are visible.  I give him 3 outta 5
Obi-Wan kenobi is an OK figure, not great. His pose is limited by his design. He has articulation at the neck, shoulders, elbows, and waist. He has a solid lower robe so his legs are not really posable. The paint job is fairly good, he has a slight dusty brown wash on his robes. He comes with both a lit lightsaber and unlit one that can attach to his belt.  Nothing special though, 2.5 outta five.
C-3P0 is pretty good though he has very minimal articulation. His finish is from the Tatooine encounter with the Sand People. He does have a removable left arm at the shoulder.  Only thing I don't like is his face: it's too narrow compared to the real version.  But overall I give him 3 outta 5.
Our favorite little droid R2-D2, is a good one. He has a nice clean finish, no paints 'Ooops' , has a nice shiney dome. The keeper is the retractable third leg so he can stand either on two or three legs. I give him 4.5 outta 5.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: WAlmart exclusive ANH figure pack
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 05:55 AM »
These packs were really weird.

ANH hit en masse here, ROTJ was nowhere to be found, and usually for every 10 or so ANH's there was 1 ESB set.  Very strange.

I got ROTJ because I actually never got that Emperor figure.  Kinda neat buying it, getting a Stormie, a Vader I don't want (again) and an Emperor figure I want for my EW Vader to be holding over his head. 

Nice to have everything work out.

The sets are a novel idea, and while I hate to admit it, they seemed to do well.  They're all gone from my area, though not all WM's seemed to get many.  Only one had TONS of sets, while others generally only had ANH sets, and it didn't have maybe but 20.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: WAlmart exclusive ANH figure pack
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 04:55 PM »
There's only a couple ESB sets left between two Wal-Marts, so I'd say they were pretty big. Three (or four) figures for $10 is pretty good, even if us hardcore SW collectors already had them.

I got all three when the DVDs came out, and I've only seen the ESB set since then.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk