Author Topic: Problem with price's of Basic SW figs at WalMart  (Read 3792 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Problem with price's of Basic SW figs at WalMart
« on: November 17, 2004, 09:00 PM »
Aparently the scanners at local WalMart are conflicting with the price on the end of the pegs. Rather than ring up the toy at 4.77, it rings them up at 5.88. This provided much confusion at the register for me. I took my purchases to the customer service desk, and they analyzed the problem, saw that I was correct, and provided me with the proper change. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Problem with price's of Basic SW figs at WalMart
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 09:11 PM »
The computers settings and the pegs haven't transitioned together.  I'm hearing about this all over the place.  The publicly shown price is the price though...  It's false advertising otherwise, and you'd have a gripe WAY beyond the service desk if they tried saying "welp, you gotta pay $5.88". 

That's a bigtime no-no, and could be argued as false advertising (or simply, lying), or "bait & switch" selling in a way. 

They just don't have their crap together though, that's all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 09:42 PM »
Yeah as JJ said, no matter what the item rings up for at the register, all stores have to charge you the advertised price on their shelves. For instance when I went grocery shopping over the weekend, a 39oz can of coffee was marked on the shelves for $3.99, but it rang up at the register at $8.49. I mentioned the discrepancy to the cashier and after a price check they saw I was correct and in turn gave me the can of coffee for free as part of their store policy. Moral of the story, you should always pay attention at the register to see what things get charged at so you don't get screwed.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 09:51 PM »
I'm just hoping I find the new stuff before they fix the error so I can argue my way down to $4.77

Offline Vote for Chewbacca the Wookiee

• Youngling
  • If you haven't seen me before, I'm new to you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 03:23 AM »
I'm just hoping I find the new stuff before they fix the error so I can argue my way down to $4.77
Zman, my local Walmart is still showing $4.whatever on the shelves. Perhaps I need to make one last mega mega toy run for the Xmas gifts before everyone jacks up prices.
"The truths we cling to depend greatly on our pwn point of view." - Ben Kenobi
Appearing for the first time anywhere outside of Rebelscum, Chewbacca the...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Problem with prices of Basic SW figs at WalMart
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 03:40 PM »
Scored my post-OTC figures a couple weeks ago for a quick and painless $4.77 each.  But I'm assuming I was just lucky to have found them early, 'cause all indications are that they're definitely going up pretty soon now...   :-\
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 03:42 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with prices of Basic SW figs at WalMart
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 03:46 PM »
Scored my post-OTC figures a couple weeks ago for a quick and painless $4.77 each.  But I'm assuming I was just lucky to have found them early, 'cause all indications are that they're definitely going up pretty soon now...   :-\

Good deal.  :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...