Author Topic: Famine's Pablo-Jill Reveiw  (Read 3976 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Famine's Pablo-Jill Reveiw
« on: November 17, 2004, 09:49 PM »
Welcome to my Reveiw of Pablo-Jill #1 of the Post OTC line. First thing I noticed about this figure is the really nice paint aplication on the head. The eyes are one perfectly, with a 3 layer application or orange, white, and black. The application on the "mouth" or whatever the heck that thing is above his oculars is quite nice as well. His two toned head is done nicely and it highlights the details on the sculpt.

Next thing I noticed was the weird ass pose he's in. He's squatting. Please know right now it does not detract from the figure in any way. If anything it makes him very unique. Anyway, onto his Jedi garb. He's wearing the traditional Jedi robes. His outer robe is awsomely sculped and looks pretty realistic, to say the very least. I'm sure the cloak could come off with a little work and a few dozen curse words, but I'm not about to try it.

His body parts are painted well to match the tone of his head. His neck and hands all match up very well.

Next is the articulation. I count 9 points. His arms, upper arms, hands, legs, and head, which rests on a ball, and pops right off for further inspection with a little pulling. He can be put in some darn epic poses for some one who's squatting.

This figure has no action features to detract from his awsomness at all. I tip my hat to the folks at Hasbro for making one kick ass figure.

I give it a 5 out 5.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Famine's Pablo-Jill Reveiw
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 04:24 AM »
Thanks for the review, Kevin - I've been on the lookout for this guy but I will admit I was a little nervous about the pose-ability and articulation based on the photos I've seen. I'm still not too sure about the whole squatting thing, though.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 01:10 PM »
I might be hitting Wal*Mart tonight, so if I see one, want me to snag it?

Kevin

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 05:10 PM »
Gonna have to hold off on the Pablo - Don't you know the Ewok/Droids DVD's will be out tomorrow?

;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 01:01 AM »
I'm curious about the Pablo figure too, so thanks for reviewing him Kevin.  The figure sounds interesting.  I need to review AOTC and see if the pose is accurate to how the character would just "stand" or what.

He's a bit awkward...  Never had a figure like this one since Lak Sivrak.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 02:00 PM »
The image capture on the back of the card shows him in that pose. Also, wasn't he in the jedi library?

Kevin

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 05:53 AM »
Yeah, he was somewhere on coruscant walking past as I recall.  I think that's his sorta "neutral" stance actually.  He just looks awkward.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mike16

• Youngling
  • As you wish...
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 11:23 AM »
Yeah, he was somewhere on coruscant walking past as I recall.  I think that's his sorta "neutral" stance actually.  He just looks awkward.

You see him walk past Obi-Wan in the Jedi Temple, then theres a quick shot in the Geonosis arena. He walks kinda with the knees sticking out, whilst the legs are still bent.

I think the figures great, the only one I've managed to get of the new 2005 figures so far.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 12:41 PM »
I never really looked at this figure very much since I opened it years ago and plopped it in the display.  Last night, I was changing things around and took a good look at his legs, or moreover, his feet.  To me, they are backwards.  It's like his left boot should be on the right and vice-versa.  So is it just me or does my figure have some kind of foot disorder??

Beth