Author Topic: Be Wary of Franticjedi  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
Be Wary of Franticjedi
« on: November 19, 2004, 09:24 AM »
This a follow up from BushiFox'x post over at RS. Looks like I fell prey to this guy too. we had agreed on a trade in mid october, and now with numerous excuses and no replies to my pm's I am inclined to think the worst. Thank goodness it was a small trade, but thats besides the point.   follow the link below for details.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=949589&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#949589
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline Lubovgeorge

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Be Wary of Franticjedi
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 03:28 AM »
I made a trade with him in October as well , I sent him his box and never received mine either ,then we made another trade ( I didnt ship out the second package) and told him just to wait until he can afford the shipping and send everything at once, after all the same problems that the others had , he finally confessed he was a little broke , no money for the shipping .I will give him a little more time . I do however see that he is still posting wants lists , why start new trades if you cant finish the trades your doing at the present time ? I will either leave a warning post as well (on every site that I am a member of ), or a good post by the end of next week .Franticjedi,if you read this , "lets go" , if you cant afford to ship everything , send the 2 12 inch figures and save more negative feedback posts!!!!

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 11:59 AM »
I made a trade with him in October as well , I sent him his box and never received mine either ,then we made another trade ( I didnt ship out the second package) and told him just to wait until he can afford the shipping and send everything at once, after all the same problems that the others had , he finally confessed he was a little broke , no money for the shipping .I will give him a little more time . I do however see that he is still posting wants lists , why start new trades if you cant finish the trades your doing at the present time ? I will either leave a warning post as well (on every site that I am a member of ), or a good post by the end of next week .Franticjedi,if you read this , "lets go" , if you cant afford to ship everything , send the 2 12 inch figures and save more negative feedback posts!!!!

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but all you will get from the sorry sack of $**t is excuses.  This loser ripped me off, and many, many others on Rebelscum.

Join the "Terry Lee fan club"  here and here.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 12:39 PM »
I almost sold this clown a bunch of stuff.  He was going to put the check in the mail the next day.  That was 3 months ago.  Glad I didnt send him the stuff. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 12:09 AM »
That's a shame guys.  Thanks for letting everyone know your story.  At least it may help someone out...   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 09:19 AM »
Thanks for the heads up guys, sorry to see you have been ripped off.  :-\

Offline Lubovgeorge

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 01:01 AM »
No problem fellas , but the story isnt over with yet , you see , I am a truck driver that lives in Indiana and  drives all over the state of Ohio almost every other day , As my map reads ( and it just so happens ) I deliver and pick up very close to his home town , and I still have his address !!! I dont think his family is going to like to meet me in person !!! If I dont receive my package soon , guess what ? I'll keep everyone posted .

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2004, 01:30 AM »
Don't do anything too crazy George.  Maybe just stop by and tell the fool you want your money/items back, or you're going to stop by his local police station and file a theft report with them.

Then, maybe you can mention the stuff he owes everyone else here too, and tell him he better get his **** together, or you're pressing charges...

Good luck, and be careful!  Keep us posted...

- Matt

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2004, 07:17 AM »
A small side story, that maybe George can do in person.  A few years back I traded a bunch of stuff to a guy on the RS forums.  I waited and waited and nothing.  Then another forum member let me know that he was just some young punk.  So I called his house and talked to his folks.  They sure were pissed and curious as to where all the stuff he had was coming from.  I ended up getting all my money back and i'm sure his parents chewed him a new one.  They were actually grateful that I called.  So maybe this is the same type of situation where you should talk to the parents first.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2004, 11:07 PM »
Damn, these little punks join a forum under one identity, screw a bunch of people over, and then re-join under a different identity and do it all over again. Hopefully toy karma will catch up with him one of these days. But probably not.

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2004, 03:57 AM »
Anyone know if this guy went by the name of sofa-king at one time? I was about to make a massive trade with him, but after the negotiations had all been worked out, I started thinking "I have a bad feeling about this", and quit all contact with him, anyway I think that he screwed a lot of people over. I am glad that people like this get flagged, they are nothing but thieves!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2004, 04:04 AM »
Anyone know if this guy went by the name of sofa-king at one time?

Is that a guy on snowtroopers that's trying to sell/trade a bunch of stuff?  I was considering buying some stuff off of him (I've really got nothing to trade), but if you got a bad vibe, then maybe I don't want to.  Sometimes you've just gotta go with your gut feeling on these things. 

???

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2004, 11:15 AM »
You guys really need to check out our feedback forum (and maybe others) prior to making trades.  That's why we've got them, to show you who you should and should NOT be dealing with.

DO NOT deal with sofa-king.  He's ripped a ton of people off around the boards, and he'll rip you off too if you get involved with him.  Again, I suggest checking out our BAD TRADER thread.  You'll learn a lot...

- M

Offline Dale R Superstar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2004, 10:38 PM »
Beware!  Franticjedi = Sofa-King/Terry Lee of New Marshfield or Athens, Ohio.  This is the same person.  I made a trade with Sofa-King months ago, I never received the promised items.  I did receive alot of bull****excuses like a motorcycle crash, and another promise that he will resend.  It never happened.  Franticjedi's website is almost identical to Sofa-King's old one, with identical items for trade.  I emailed Franticjedi a few days ago, and I got a response from supposedly, Terry Lee's father.  It seems Terry Lee has been called to active duty in Iraq.  Quite, the recovery from the motorcycle crash.  His father promises to send my figures.  This all sounds like somemore bull****.  Anybody else receive this same crap story?

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2004, 03:35 PM »
You guys really need to check out our feedback forum (and maybe others) prior to making trades.  That's why we've got them, to show you who you should and should NOT be dealing with.

DO NOT deal with sofa-king.  He's ripped a ton of people off around the boards, and he'll rip you off too if you get involved with him.  Again, I suggest checking out our BAD TRADER thread.  You'll learn a lot...

- M

There was nothing negative about Franticjedi when I peeped the feedback page.  Nothing that even indicated that he was sofa-king (if he even was the same person).

If the names and addresses of the scammers COULD be posted, that would be more helpful than just a user_id.  Over at RS this is "illegal" to do (posting names and addresses) and why we have the same con-artists with different user_ids doing their business as usual.

This is my avatar. Talon Karrde