Author Topic: Be Wary of Franticjedi  (Read 3059 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Be Wary of Franticjedi
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2004, 05:51 PM »
There was nothing negative about Franticjedi when I peeped the feedback page.  Nothing that even indicated that he was sofa-king (if he even was the same person).

Tony, I was more referring to stormtripper (and others') posts about almost potentially dealing with sofa-king just recently, whom we've had a stern warning against posted since April.

But in that same April post, it does mention his name being Terry Lee, so if that's the name FranticJedi's been using too, then technically there was kinda a warning already up in the bad trader thread against him too...   :-\

If the names and addresses of the scammers COULD be posted, that would be more helpful than just a user_id.  Over at RS this is "illegal" to do (posting names and addresses) and why we have the same con-artists with different user_ids doing their business as usual.

Yeah, I think we're cool with that.  I know we've got a few up already in the bad trader thread that we've never edited or removed.  Maybe it's a little better if we only post the guy's name, and city and state, rather than his whole street address too.  I dunno...

But sure, fire away with the names and addys to avoid.  I'll see if I can eventually compile a list of all of them, so it's a little easier to figure out who to avoid.

- M

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2004, 02:48 AM »
I'd caution about posting someone's full address. Some people are quick to accuse (and post). Combine that in the same transaction where the alleged perp has a legitimate reason and there's going to be an ugly mess.

Offline habs98

• Jedi Initiate
  • Think before you speak to me!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2004, 06:06 PM »
I've been reading a lot about this guy and was wondering has anyone filed any complaints?  Maybe not with the Police, but with the IFCC(Internet Fraud Complaint Center) and with the US Postal Inspection Service.  These services are great, may not get you items or money back but they make a scammers life pretty miserable.  Links are below.

Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC)

U.S. Postal Inspection Service
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 06:06 PM by habs98 »