Author Topic: Jesse's Collection - small update page 9  (Read 44412 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: JesseVader08's Collection
« Reply #15 on: January 2, 2005, 06:51 PM »
Time to add my recent acquisitions! 

My Christmas gift to myself:  2 Stormtrooper Mini-Busts, now comfortably with the Vader and Jango chrome busts and Luke Stormtrooper:

I've got a couple Bust-Ups, including Chewie and Han (thanx to Jeff  :)) and both Leias (thanx to freebies from GG with my Stormie busts).  Now that I've got this many, I may be forced (ouch, my rubber arm  ;)) into completing this wave, and certainly the next.

I also acquired my second unique Darth Vader bust.  I've come across both of these versions on eBay, and just can't pass up on these neat looking items - besides, they light up!  This meant I had to rearrange my Darth Vader shrine, but they look nice next to the Technic Lego Darth Vader:

I also picked up the Darth Vader Voice Changer and Deluxe Lightsaber (not shown) - hopefully next Halloween I'll be making an appearance as the Lord of the Sith.  I also picked up some ceramic mugs:

And finally, my daughter Emily posed in my SW room.  She loves to look around with me and is (usually) quite careful.  Emily = next generation Star Wars fan.  Her favourite?  Well, Princess Leia and Queen Amidala, of course!   :)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2005, 08:02 PM »
Just a tiny update:

I picked up Mace Windu and Count Dooku to add to my others, and this line is quickly becoming one of my favourties.  I must have them all!  I can't believe I passed on this line for the first year.  Now if I can only track down Vader...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 01:25 AM »
After getting a few bust-ups, I'm really enjoying them and glad I ordered the Stormtrooper 3-packs from SWS.com.  I ordered three of them, and managed to create a pretty cool army:

I've been waiting for a good deal on these incredibly cute Kinder Surprise Hippos based on Star Wars characters.  I finally broke down and won an auction on eBay from Germany:

They are named as follows:
Leia - Prinzessin Hippeia
Luke - Luke Eiwalker
Chewie - Aubacca
Han - Happy Han
Jango -  Jango Jet  (I'm not sure why they chose Jango over Boba, he's the only non-OT figure)
C-3PO - H-IPO
Vader - Dark Laser
Obi-Wan - Obi-Wan Hippobi
R2-D2 - Erzwo Hippo
Yoda - Hippoda

I also managed to pick up the ROTS sneak preview figures, POTC (all 8), and the last 2 waves of Galactic Heroes 2-packs.  More pics to come as I rearrange my display wall of carded figures...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 01:31 AM »
I've been waiting for a good deal on these incredibly cute Kinder Surprise Hippos based on Star Wars characters.  I finally broke down and won an auction on eBay from Germany:

Cool.  Nice grab there Jess!  I only know of one other guy who has those (David/Boba Binks), so that's still a relatively unique and rare little collection to have.  Is it complete?  Don't recall how many there are now.  Am I allowed to ask what the set ran you?

I agree on the Jango thought too.  That makes no sense to swap him in place of Boba...   :-\

After getting a few bust-ups, I'm really enjoying them and glad I ordered the Stormtrooper 3-packs from SWS.com.  I ordered three of them, and managed to create a pretty cool army:

Uh...  Where's the 9th one?  Sitting in front of a can of black spray paint somewhere?   ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 01:33 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 02:31 AM »
The Hippos set is complete, only 10 in total, as shown in the info sheet:

As for the price, you most certainly may ask.  $32.61CDN shipped from Germany to Canada, about $25US.  Sweet.   :)  It'll never be worth anything, but just too unique to pass up on!

As for the 9th one, well he's kinda useless.  When you mix and match the 3rd set of 3 stormies to produce the 7th and 8th poses, you're left with him doing the funky chicken:

Hmmm... Black spray paint.  Maybe I should try my 1st custom and somehow articulate his arm and make my own variant.  One of a kind!  Must be worth at least $200, or more!  (sorry, eBay rant there  ::))  But seriously, it could be fun to try and customize one...   :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005, 04:01 AM »
Complete set, eh?  Cool!  So how big is that info sheet thingee there?  I assume that came with them, right?  Did you get them loose?  Just curious what kind of packaging the originally came in...

As for the price, you most certainly may ask.  $32.61CDN shipped from Germany to Canada, about $25US.  Sweet.   :)  It'll never be worth anything, but just too unique to pass up on!

Damn, that's a very good deal there!  I might have to start keeping my eyes open for a set of these myself.  $25, shipped no less, is a great deal for a small/easily displayed set, which isn't ever (probably) going to get any bigger.  A finite collection is always somewhat of a relief since it never gets out of control, obviously.

Any idea what those things originally retailed for?  The only problem with something like those, is that that's where my wife would really start drawing the line.  When she saw some of the "cutesy" Playskool sets sitting in my hobby room, she got rather annoyed, and suggested there's no way in hell I was collecting that "baby kinda crap" too now...  (her SW tolerance has it's limits, which is shrinking a bit of late)

Of course, I quickly lied and said the GH sets were just for some other guys on the board.   ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005, 10:24 AM »
Those Kinder things run usually around $20 US for most auctions as a starting price and get zero bids usually.  Not sure how much shipping was on yours, but it seems to be the norm. 

As far as what they originally retailed for, tough call.  I don't know if they were like other kinder surprise stuff that is random, so it might have taken some effort to complete a set (think lightsaber pens).  I know the displays were available for sale in Germany from one of the web pages (I know longer recall which) and they were pricey. 

There is a thread on this in other collectibles.  I think Adam has the display as well as the figures.  I do want them too, just keep passing on them. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005, 10:43 AM »
Yep, I have the same Kinder figures. Neat little buggers.  8)

The Hippos set is complete, only 10 in total, as shown in the info sheet:

Yes, there is 10 but there is also the rare chase Dark Laser in black.  ;)

Kinder Figure Set

Star Wars Kinder Toys

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2005, 11:46 AM »

The only problem with something like those, is that that's where my wife would really start drawing the line.  When she saw some of the "cutesy" Playskool sets sitting in my hobby room, she got rather annoyed, and suggested there's no way in hell I was collecting that "baby kinda crap" too now...  (her SW tolerance has it's limits, which is shrinking a bit of late)

Of course, I quickly lied and said the GH sets were just for some other guys on the board.   ;)

Actually, my wife is the opposite.  She gets such a kick out of the kiddy stuff like these Hippos and the GH sets and thinks it's great that I wanted the complete sets.  Naturally, I took advantage of this and did my best to get them!   ;)

Ahhh, **** Dale!  Well, I'd better hit eBay - gotta have 'em all!   ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2005, 12:17 PM »

Ahhh, **** Dale!  Well, I'd better hit eBay - gotta have 'em all!   ;D

Good luck, see my post in the Kinder thread.

BTW, post tag, your it!  :P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2005, 01:09 PM »
Yeah, I can't keep up, anyone interested, check out the Kinder thread that Brent bumped.   8)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2005, 12:30 AM »
I'm preparing to expand into a second Star Wars room, so I've had to take everything off the walls and start from scratch.

We put new carpet in the basement, so I had to remove everything to be sure that nothing was damaged.  I think it took me 2 days (about 15 hours) to pack everything up safely (at least I hope so).

Here's where I'm starting.  This is a little hallway at the bottom of the stairs and my 2 rooms are off to the left.  I originally just had the further room, but my wifey game me the closer room as a Valentine's Day present.    I played with the idea of knocking down the wall (actually I'd been teasing her that I was going to do it for a year ;)).  But I realized that keeping the wall was smarter because it gave me more wall space for shelves and therefore displays.

Here you get a better view of the 2 rooms side by side.  They're quite small, but it's amazing what you can get in one of them, so 2 will be great.  I also used the little hallway before, but I'm going to see if I can get away without using it.  I'd like to be able to hang a couple of posters there.

This is the room on the left.  I'm going to put a crap-load of shelves in here for all of my loose displays.  I've got all of my toys from childhood (ah, vintage  :)) plus I've been grabbing as many loose modern figures as I can.  One of the first things I have to do is replace the fluorescent light with an incandescent fixture.  I recently read that fluorescent light is almost as tough on collectibles as sunlight.  Out it goes!

And this is the room on the right.  I've been a carded collector since starting in 1995, so I think I've got about 450 basic carded figures, plus nearly 100 deluxe/ultra/cinema scenes/etc and over 20 ships and creatures.  I've got pegboard on one wall now, but I'm going to add pegboard to the other so that I can display as many carded figures as possible.  Of course, the ships take up a lot of space, so they may have to spill onto the shelves in my "loose" room or into the hallway.  We'll see how it goes...

« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 12:31 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2005, 04:29 PM »
The day I've been waiting 6 weeks for has finally come!  My Tsuneo Sanda art prints that I ordered at Celebration 3 arrived by UPS today!!

Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith.   8)

Yoda: Jedi Master.   8)

Anyone interested can order these at Animated Animations.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2005, 04:35 PM »
Those are beautiful Jesse!  Did you get a chance to meet him at C3?  He hardly spoke English at all, but had an interpreter with him, and was happy to chat with his fans.  Very nice fella.  I've been sending out postcards with his work on them for the past year in all my trading packages (that shot of the entire Star Wars saga's lineup of characters thru TPM).  I thought about buying one of those prints at C3, but ultimately passed on it 'cause Patty would've freaked.  Here it is:

Nice low edition numbers on your prints there too, if that means anything to ya'...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 04:35 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2005, 04:46 PM »
Damn those are nice Jesse. Congrats.   8)