Author Topic: Jesse's Collection - small update page 9  (Read 44361 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: JesseVader08's Collection
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2005, 05:05 PM »
I've been sending out postcards with his work on them for the past year in all my trading packages (that shot of the entire Star Wars saga's lineup of characters thru TPM). 

Heh heh, you mean this one?  My wife insisted that we buy it.  Sweet.   :D  

When I received one of those cards from you from our last trade, it put a big smile on my face!

I did meet him at C3 and he signed a card for me which is a miniature of one of his latest works.  His stuff is just incredible.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 05:07 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2005, 05:31 PM »
Heh heh, you mean this one?  My wife insisted that we buy it.  Sweet.   :D

Lucky bastard!  Yep, that be the one.  Cool deal.  I assume you nabbed that other one as well, pictured right below it?  If so, wow, that's practically a complete set of his finest work!  Got enough wall room to display all those things?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2005, 06:49 PM »
I assume you nabbed that other one as well, pictured right below it?

I should have grabbed it but I didn't.  We had already picked up 2 posters, a C3 exclusive print and ordered the framed Yoda and Vader.

And now I'm looking to hang 6 movie posters, so space is obviously becoming an issue.  Thankfully, our basement is quite long for just about everything, but I'm hoping that there is enough room above our TV in the living room for the framed Yoda and Vader.  That way I can see them everyday.   :)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2005, 10:21 AM »
JesseVader08,

Thanks for sharing and that art is amazing!  I have never seen them before.

DBK

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2005, 11:31 AM »
Nice pics Jesse, and thanks for sharing.  Like it has been mentioned, that art is amazing.  I really like that "entire Saga" work there, is there any larger pictures of it online anywhere?  That really is cool.  I've always been a fan of those Vader and Yoda prints as well, wish we had the money to afford those things.  Great work.  Thanks again, looking forward to seeing more pics.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2005, 11:49 AM »
Thanks for the compliments guys!

I really like that "entire Saga" work there, is there any larger pictures of it online anywhere?  That really is cool.

I'm not sure offhand, but probably your best bet to find a larger pic of that poster is to try Tsuneo Sanda's website, Sandaworld.com.  He's done some amazing stuff.   :)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2005, 06:37 AM »
Jesse, excellent collection for a carded one  ;)  I have to say and quote, "Impressive, most impressive!" Nice to see the wife lets you expand. I have my ROTS stuff out, and my favorites, and my LOTR collection, but over 3/4 of the collection is still packed until I finish another room in our new basement. I have to say damn you though. Just as I thought I was ready to begin backing off collecting SW, you've turned me on to the art! Now I have had to order some of T. Sando's artwork! It is amazing! I've seen it before, but stayed away until now. I showed the wife and because of some mix ups, I know what I am getting for Christmas! Can't wait to see them framed on the wall of my office.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2005, 11:35 PM »
Thanks for the comments!  I've always stayed away from the art too, but now that we have a house with a basement, I can actually display a few pieces. 

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2005, 02:44 PM »
It a decent collection Jesse-glad I could help you out with some of it
Where's the silver vaders though? :-\
Your daughter's a cutie :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2005, 04:32 PM »
Hmmm, I didn't even realize it lit up until you just said that. Mine doens't light up at all  :-\  :'(

This might give you a better idea what it looks like lit up:

What is this item?  My mother-in-law gave it to me as a X-Mas gift a couple years ago.  It was her son's.  They thought maybe it was just something that a person who was into crafts made and sold it at a craft show, etc.  Is it an actual licensed product?  I never saw it before until they gave it to me. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2005, 01:20 PM »
I was shopping at my local Zellers (similar to a Target) and found an old video game display case that was being sold, so I grabbed it for $50!  The light still works and the glass doors still slide easily, so I couldn't be happier.

And now I have the perfect home for my Unleashed!  Of course, I'll need to paint/cover that Nintendo logo.  ;)

Offline Mr.el lucco

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2005, 07:32 PM »
Dam that collection is hot where do you get the hippo star wars?? online or at a store?

Offline Zodach

• Youngling
  • Yub Yub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2005, 10:54 PM »
Dude, where's the Kubricks?  I know you've got 'em   ;D

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2005, 11:06 PM »
You bet!  Most of those pics are a few months old, and things have changed a lot since I renovated my rooms.  I've basically got 2 bookcases to finish and I can finally take some more pics!

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
  • It's the final countdown.....
    • View Profile
    • Captain Alex & the Shrimp Shack Shooters
« Reply #44 on: January 7, 2006, 11:09 PM »
Your collection is extensive and so many unique peices. I'm looking forward to seeing your updated pictures.

And not for nothing I hope you keep the Nintendo logo on that display case because that in itself is a conversation piece. Go on ebay and find yourself an old school Star Wars game for the Original Nintendo to put in there and you'll tie it all together nicely.
Living and dying in 3/4 time....