Author Topic: NBA 2004/05  (Read 47774 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NBA 2004/05
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2005, 01:24 PM »
The Showdown, Volume 2 tonight...

Kobe vs. Shaq.

In Miami.

Kobe's been playing like **** the last couple games, and everyone around here's been wondering if he's trying to save his energy for tonight, of if he's just been too focused on tonight to do jack earlier this week.

Regardless, it's a big game, especially now that we're dicking around on the playoff bubble.  I'll be pretty surprised if we steal one tonight, but hopefully Kobe gets his **** together, and brings it, and gets the Lakers the W.  I'd love to see him stick it to Shaq.  And dunk on him too...   8)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2005, 10:02 AM »
As depressed as I am about this year, the one ray of hope I have is that the Lakers also don't make the playoffs...that would be the saving grace. :P :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2005, 12:55 PM »
Looks like you might just get your wish.  Got bitchslapped by Shaq, Wade, and the Miami crew last night.  Kobe COMPLETELY disappeared in the second half for the THIRD game in a row.  He's made a combined total of THREE shots in the last three second halves that they've played.  He's got some problems/issues going on, or sumthin', 'cause he aint' himself lately, and it's costing us big time right now.  ****.   >:(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2005, 03:10 PM »
Yeah, Denver is 9-1 in their last 10 games!  :o

If they keep playing like that both the LAkers and the Wolves will have trouble catching them.

Even the Griz at #7 have been playing agrweat and winning lately...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2005, 01:17 AM »
Yep, Lakers are toast.  Blew another one tonight in Indy, to the hapless Pacers.  We totally suck.  Bad.  Like, really bad.

Reggie Miller went for 39 on us (most he's had in almost 5 years), while Kobe racked up an extremely impressive 12 points.   ::)

In a bizarre upset, the Celt's beat the smokin' hot Rockets tonight too.  Go Brent.   :P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 01:25 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2005, 09:07 AM »
Yeah, right now, its starting to look like the Nuggets are pulling away.  Minnesota beat Houston yesterday, and LA lost to Seattle, but Denver won again so the Wolves didn't make up any ground.  If they keep playing this way, looks like it should be a done deal.  Crazy that the two Conference finalists from last year in the West might not even make the playoffs this year >:(.  Hopefully if that happens, Minnesota will be able to do some revamping with the roster a bit, to me...Kevin Garnett deserves better.  Whenever I watch him play, I just enjoy his game that much more, the guy just gives it all each and every time out it seems.

Also, on a side note, LeBron was virtually unstoppable (although the Cavs lost) in scoring 56 last night.  Wowza, that kid is good.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2005, 06:45 PM »
Lakers have lost 5 in a row, for the first time since the 1993 season, which coincidentally was the last year we didn't make the playoffs, and I think the only time in the last quarter century that we missed the playoffs.  We suck.  Kobe sucks.  L.A. sucks.  I suck.  Etc.  Damn, I'm annoyed.  And Shaq's laughing all the way to the bank, with the best record in the NBA now.  ****.   ::)

...LeBron was virtually unstoppable (although the Cavs lost) in scoring 56 last night.  Wowza, that kid is good.

And no sooner does he do that, do the Cavs fire their head coach (Silas) - the very next day.  Ouch!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2005, 10:47 AM »
Lakers have lost 5 in a row, for the first time since the 1993 season, which coincidentally was the last year we didn't make the playoffs, and I think the only time in the last quarter century that we missed the playoffs.  We suck.  Kobe sucks.  L.A. sucks.  I suck.  Etc.  Damn, I'm annoyed.  And Shaq's laughing all the way to the bank, with the best record in the NBA now.  ****.   ::)

And you forgot, you fell 1 game (2 wins) behind the 34-34 T-Wolves.   :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2005, 02:18 PM »
You be quiet.   >:(

Have I mentioned how bad the Lakers suck right now?  Just dropped our SIXTH in a row.  No idea when the last time we did that was.  May have been back in the 70's...

Big, steaming pile of suck, we are.  At least Kobe finally decided to show up and play again, dropping 43 last night.  We play Denver tonight though, which could effectively put an end to our season.  We'll see...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2005, 09:07 AM »
It seems once the Wolves are finally starting to get their stuff together and putting together a nice little winning streak, it might be too little, too late.  Denver is just playing too well right now, and I'm not sure if they will be able to catch them.  There's still hope, but it seems slim.  The Lakers continue to slide, losing their eighth straight to Philly yesterday...at home I believe.  They are still in it as well, but it seems like an unlikely climb back into the picture.  Only a half game up on the Clippers right now, last I checked.  Weird season, but should make for a fun playoffs.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2005, 07:50 PM »
Have I mentioned how BAD the Lakers are now?  Holy ****, they suck!  Plus, to add insult to injury, some of the players are finally starting the usual team turmoil drama, by talking **** about Kobe.  Starting to seriously wonder if it might just be warranted...  (and yes, I know what you guys think about that particular topic, so shut it!  :-X)

I think it may be too little, too late for the Wolves too.  Denver's playing out of their skulls right now, and Memphis is showing no signs of waivering either.

I'm really thinking that the Lakers should've chased George Karl when they had the chance, after Rudy T. bailed on them.  Karl's got the Nuggets playing some crazy good ball right now, running and gunning, and winning big time.  Could've been the Lakers, if they had the balls.

I'm guessing the idea probably came up at some point, but that Kobe probably nixed it, for whatever reason...

Eight in a row.  Looks like the Clippers may just pass us after all...   ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2005, 07:56 PM »
I'm thinking the Lakers should have chased Shaq instead of keeping Kobe :-X  They could have got a ton of talent in return.  I'm only saying this because I saw the same thing in hockey back in around 95 when the Jets unloaded Selanne to keep Tkachuk and Zhamnov.  Oops, cutting out the heart to save the arms doesn't usually work. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2005, 05:14 AM »
Dang, I wish I saw this thread like 20 pages ago.   :P

If you want to rehash the Shaq/Kobe fued let me know.  I can go into detail why it's both their fault the Lakers stink.

Woohoo we're on a 1 game win streak.  Thank you Knicks.   :D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #178 on: March 31, 2005, 05:29 AM »
If you want to rehash the Shaq/Kobe fued let me know.

Umm...  No.   :-[

Now's probably not the best time to be discussing that little issue really...  :-X

On a related note, apparently Jeannie Buss (daughter of Lakers owner Jerry Buss) confirmed today that her boyfriend Phil Jackson is indeed headed to the Knicks next year to coach.  Boy, he should have a blast with the talent they've got there.  Even with some decent trades or free agent signings, they'll still suck.  Have fun Phil!   :-*

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #179 on: March 31, 2005, 09:45 AM »
Even with some decent trades or free agent signings, they'll still suck.  Have fun Phil!   :-*

I've been hearing a lot of "he said/she said" rumors that King James people are saying that if Phil heads to the Knicks, Lebron may just end up there too...

::)

Nothing like Team Loyalty in the NBA, eh?

Jeff