Author Topic: NBA 2004/05  (Read 47794 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NBA 2004/05
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2004, 12:38 AM »
Should you be talking about players and their legal troubles?  You cheer for an admitted at best adulterer at worst Rapist.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2004, 09:46 AM »
Woofies spanked the Kings last night, spanked them hard too.  Aaaaaaaaaawooooooooooooooooo :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2004, 10:10 AM »
Same thing.  They still suck either way...

Can't beat the Pacers, who have what - like 6 players left on their roster?  Nice.  Great team you've got there.  Lots of heart.  Way to let two contract squabbles and one big fat drunk dumbass ruin what should've been a serious Title drive.

Boy, this looks familiar.  I wonder if the Pups will turn it on at the end of the year, in spite of their problems through the season - you know, just like another team last year with some petulant ******* that played when he wanted; he and another star arguing all the time; he of the legal troubles (that are still ongoing, yes?).  Yep, downright familiar it is.  What was the name of that other team again? 

And people wonder why I despise the NBA.  Actually, Minnesota's problems look pretty darn vanilla.  Never expected much out of a guy that choked his coach and can't feed his family on millions of dollars a year though.  Great ball player, miserable human being.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #63 on: December 4, 2004, 12:30 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/standings

Is that THE CLIPPERS I see ahead of the Flakers?

Go Heat!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: December 4, 2004, 07:02 AM »
Having a half game lead over the Clippers yourself barely gives you room to talk.   :-*

Lakers have been showing flashes of brilliance this season, but just can't hold it together on the defensive end long for a full 48 minutes to secure some of the victories that the SHOULD have had.  They even went so far as to lose to the lowly Bulls a couple days ago.  ****, talk about embarrassing.   :-[

But I think they'll round into shape and still pull about 50 wins this season.  Kobe's been passing the ball like a madman of late, averaging over 10 assists in his last three games, including yet another triple double tonight.  Of course, he better keep that up, since he's shooting an embarrassingly low % from the field right now - 38% last time I checked.  That's an Iverson/Antoine Walker % right there.  Pathetic.

Still surprised to see the Suns, Sonics and Clippers all doing so well still.  I'm expecting all of them to fade though, after a while.  Suns will still be pretty solid though, and make the playoffs, but I'd be pretty surprised to see those other two in there, despite their fast starts this season.  Wolves finally looked themselves tonight against the Suns.  Nice to see some normalcy returning to the NBA ranks just a bit...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 4, 2004, 05:05 PM »
About this Clippers vs. Lakers thing, I think that the Clippers are a better team this year:

Elton Brand
Corey Maggette
Marko Jaric
Bobby Simmons
Chris Wilcox

That's a pretty complete team, they're all good players.  I would not be surprised at all if they finished ahead of the Lakers.  Unfortunately for both of them though, they're in the toughest division in the NBA.  I think that both the Kings and the Suns are going to finish ahead of them.  The Kings with Brad Miller, Mike Bibby, Chris Webber, and Peja Stojakovic and the Suns with Amare Stoudamire, Steve Nash and Shawn Marion are better.  My prediction, Lakers will be 3rd or 4th in the Western Pacific.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 6, 2004, 09:11 AM »
Although he hasn't been playing basically at all this season, I think this might be a mistake.  I guess since he's getting no play, it doesn't make a difference to them, but I always thought Rush could be a pretty good player in this league.  They might regret this later on, but maybe I'm wrong.  Nice pickup for a team like Charlotte if it happens.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #67 on: December 6, 2004, 09:18 AM »
Man that is a stupid trade...for a second rounder?  Is this the Clippers or the Lakers? :P :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: December 6, 2004, 06:29 PM »
I think since Kareem Rush dropped those six 3's on you to knock you out of the playoffs last year, you've got a slightly skewed opinion of him, perhaps.  He's not exactly always quite that good...

He's streaky, at best.  But yeah, I liked him, and was bummed to see that trade go down this morning.  Not surprising though, since he seems to have not been able to crack Tomjanovich's rotation.  I think they did it moreso 'cause they want to keep that little Tionne Brown point guard around, so they needed to open up a roster spot that they weren't expecting to, due to Brown's decent play of late, and the fact that we've got no backup point guards.

I think Brian Cook's surprising outside shooting touch this season made Rush expendable.

BTW, Wolves BARELY squeeked by the Clips the other night.  Nail biter, that WE should've won.  Lucky bastards.  I would've been talking **** to you (MN) guys for weeks had we pulled that one out.

Still so the Lakers will definitely be better than the Clippers though.  They're the Clippers, after all.  And the Lakers still have Kobe.  'Nuff said.   ;)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 6, 2004, 08:25 PM »
Took the family to see the Wolves at America West Arena last Friday, too bad we lost.  Amazed that for $82 we got 4 tickets, 4 subs, 4 cokes, 4 Cold Stone Ice Creams and a souvenir Suns Ball and Basket. 

Also got tickets to see the Heat and Rockets this season.     

Glad to see the Suns rebounded against Portland and are now 14-3 ;D!

DBK 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #70 on: December 7, 2004, 06:59 PM »
Damn, that's definitely a good deal there Matthew.  Sounds like a fun family outting (aside from the loss).  But at least your boys can say they saw KG play in person now.  Then they can add Shaq, T-Mac, and Yao to that list too.  Not bad for 3 games!   8)  Just gotta catch Duncan and Kobe to complete the set, though maybe your boys have already seen Kobe out this way, before you moved...?

On an even better note, Mr. "I've gotta feed my family" just got suspended for a game for yelling at a female Clipper fan to "suck my d*ck" during the Wolves/Clips game last week.  What's funny, is that we actually watched/heard that whole thing go down on live TV.  Spree didn't realize a live mic was right nearby, and it picked up the whole thing, apparently prompting numerous calls and complaints to the MN and CA television networks that were airing the game.  What a tool.  He should've just kept his mouth shut, and gone over and pulled a "PJ" on her instead...   ::)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 7, 2004, 08:51 PM »
I can't believe Sprewell said that, what a lack of class.  PJ Thing, that is classic.  Did anyone catch what the female fan said to Sprewell?

DBK

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #72 on: December 7, 2004, 09:34 PM »
Hot rumor:

Wolves Get:  Kidd, Mourning
Nets Get: Abdur Rahim, Ervin Johnson and Telfair
Blazers Get: Cassell and Sczerbiak

Another One:

Wolves Get: Kidd, Mourning
Nets Get: Cassell, Sprewell

I'd do either one in a heartbeat

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 8, 2004, 08:47 AM »
I've heard that rumor too Scott, and I'd take either trade as well.  Preferrably the one including Cassell and Sprewell, just because they are getting older and I think on the down side of their careers.  Both can still play, but Spree has shown this season that he's still a bit on the crazy side...while Sammy C. can still hoop it up, but you'd have to give him up to get Kidd.  Couldn't imagine a team with J. Kidd, Garnett, and Mourning all on it, that would be fun to watch.

Also, sounds like the Mailman is none too pleased with Kobe, according to ESPN.  Sounds like the chances of him returning to the Lakers are slim to none now.  No offense Laker fans, but can Kobe get along with anyone?

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 8, 2004, 09:57 AM »
If TWolves could work out getting Kidd = wow :o!  That would be some exciting basketball  to watch.  Regarding that article two things stand out to me.

1) Kobe = "They are here giving me 110 percent."  Seems to me like it should be team and not me.  You would think a rape charge would humble any one out but I guess getting off has furthered his ego to astronomical heights.   

2) Mitch = "Kobe did not at any time state that Karl was not returning, nor was Kobe speaking on behalf of the Lakers management or organization."  There will be a lot of these statements over the years if Mitch still has the same job.

Regards,

DBK