Author Topic: 2004 DVD Release List  (Read 100659 times)

SilverZ

Re: 2004 DVD Release List
« Reply #390 on: May 4, 2004, 01:53 AM »
The juicy details have arrived! Yay!

DVDFile writes, with typical contempt thats nearly unreadable:
Be afraid. Be very afraid. The 80's TV on DVD assault continues with the arrival of one of the most beloved and most hated series of all time, Punky Brewster: Season One. Shout! Factory will unleash this four-disc box set on June 1st, featuring all 23 episodes presented in 4:3 full screen and Dolby 2.0 stereo, plus new interviews with the cast and crew and two hours of the popular Saturday morning animated series It's Punky Brewster
\
F Star Wars on DVD, new cast interviews of Punky and animated episodes!
« Last Edit: May 4, 2004, 01:54 AM by Tydirium »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #391 on: May 4, 2004, 09:04 AM »
The only thing that can possibly make it worse, is being a cinema addict with horrible taste in films and an unbelievably ****** collection of crappy titles.

Hey buddy, be nice.  >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #392 on: May 4, 2004, 09:29 AM »
I'll buy the Punky sets if there is an extensive picture gallery of Punky after she left Punky

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 4, 2004, 10:22 AM »
The only thing that can possibly make it worse, is being a cinema addict with horrible taste in films and an unbelievably ****** collection of crappy titles.

I was being hypothetical.   Sorry.   :-[

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #394 on: May 4, 2004, 10:30 AM »

I was being hypothetical.   Sorry.   :-[
No need to apologize or speak in hypotheticals, we all know Virex's taste in movies is less then the normal addict

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 4, 2004, 12:57 PM »
No need to apologize or speak in hypotheticals, we all know Virex's taste in movies is less then the normal addict

Oh yeah, Virex... him too.

SilverZ

« Reply #396 on: May 4, 2004, 01:07 PM »
Is anyone planning on getting the Samurai Jack Season 1 set that's out today? Be curious to hear comments on it before I pick it up.

It's a slow week otherwise... just Last Samurai to pick up. Great, great, movie.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 4, 2004, 02:54 PM »
It's a slow week otherwise... just Last Samurai to pick up. Great, great, movie.

I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to pick up Last samurai - but I did pick up Triplets of Bellville - and highly recommend it.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 5, 2004, 12:17 AM »
i picked these up today:

i've heard many good things about this flick, and can't wait to watch it... it's too late now, i'm watching the yankees try to climb back into this game against oakland, so it has to wait till tomorrow.

ditto on this one. i skipped it at the theater, but i'm a sucker for martial arts/samurai flicks, especially lately.

this was a no brainer for me. samurai jack is one of my favorite shows on tv right now. i love the animation style, and the writing is very good as well.

SilverZ

« Reply #399 on: May 5, 2004, 03:23 AM »
Getting very tempted on the Samurai Jack box. It's 19.99 at Suncoast (yes, no joke) right now.

Watched Last Samurai tonight, and loved it just as much as when I saw it in the theater. I know several people that aren't big on it, but it does it for me. Great music is the key, me thinks.

What't the cheapest Elephant can be had for? Every place was 19.99 today as far as I could see, and I'm being cheap with this one for some reason.

SilverZ

« Reply #400 on: May 8, 2004, 03:27 AM »

Due on August 17th!  ;D  New transfer on a dual layer disc, 16:9 encoded and a 2nd supplement disc. Mean Streets and After Hours are also due that day. And all in keepcases, no less.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2004, 02:19 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 10, 2004, 07:33 AM »
Re: Goodfellas - About ******* time!

I have waited since 1997 when I bought my DVD player to buy this.  My patience has paid off.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 10, 2004, 03:54 PM »
Re: Goodfellas - About ******* time!

I have waited since 1997 when I bought my DVD player to buy this.  My patience has paid off.

Drives me crazy when they put out newer better editions of movies I've already got....

I'm picking up this week:

The Fog of War
Coming to America
Lethal Weapon
Spaceballs
Better off Dead

(The last 4 are best buy 2 for 15$)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #403 on: May 15, 2004, 03:32 PM »
Looks like Kill Bill Vol. 2 will be getting an August 10th release. . .

DVD Answers

(No word on any of the other dozen or so releases Tarantino/Miramax has planned, though. . .)   :-\
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #404 on: May 15, 2004, 03:35 PM »
Saw a commercial for the theater version of ROTK last night and it reminded me that the DVD will be out in less than 2 weeks