Author Topic: Any green thumbs out there? Go plants!  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
Any green thumbs out there? Go plants!
« on: November 24, 2004, 03:14 PM »
I've always loved having lots of plants in my homes.  Really seems calming to surround yourself with fresh, green plant life.  Pain in the ass having to water them all the time, but it's really worth it as they provide a breath of fresh air around your living environment, literally and figuratively.

But I have a question for any other green thumbs out there, which I've never really been able to figure out.  What does it mean when the tips of the leaves turn brown or start dying?  Does that mean I'm overwatering, underwatering they're not getting enough sun, or getting too much sun?  I've tried to remedy it any number of ways, but several of my plants just don't seem to want to cooperate.  Oddly enough, the rest of those plants aside from their leave's tips seem to be doing just fine.  Any insight would be appreciated!

Not a big fan of dealing with outdoor plantlife though, like flowers and such.  I leave that up to my fiancee to pretty up the front and back yards.  So who else loves their plants?  Or am I just a freak?   :P