Author Topic: ROTS Picture Thread  (Read 86882 times)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Re: ROTS Picture Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 1, 2005, 04:55 PM »
Also, the hyperspace webdoc on Kasshyyk and making the lava has a great shot in the backgorund of Vader on the op table with his helmet off.

Have to look on the postboards right by GL's left ear in the one shot. Also a nice shot of utapau and mustafar, and lots on the wookies/planet/tree.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #31 on: January 2, 2005, 03:00 AM »

Anakin: Look, you bastard, your hand's off.

Dooku: No it isn't. Have at you.

**Anakin swings again, cuts off Dooku's other hand**

Dooku: Right. I'll do you for that.

Anakin: You'll what? Look, you bastard, you've got no hands left.

Dooku: Yes I have.

Anakin: What's that then?

Dooku: It's just a flesh wound.

**head butts Anakin**

etc....
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: January 2, 2005, 03:44 AM »
The MP reference was inevitable...

Fans could do Star Wars over so much more funny if given the resources to do so.  Bah at Lucas and his poor sense of humor.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 2, 2005, 10:56 AM »
To me, humor takes me right out of a SW film.

I hate movies that while in the middle of a war or something, the characters thorw in one-liners.  Movies like Independance Day were totally ruined for me like that.

I mean if your city, friends or family were getting blown to pieces, would you even be thinking of jokes and one-liners and punch lines? 

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #34 on: January 2, 2005, 09:55 PM »
I didn't even want to see any spoilers, and here I am, making putting Monty Python quotes to them.

I HAVE to stay a way from this stuff.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 3, 2005, 01:01 PM »
To me, humor takes me right out of a SW film.

I hate movies that while in the middle of a war or something, the characters thorw in one-liners.  Movies like Independance Day were totally ruined for me like that.

I mean if your city, friends or family were getting blown to pieces, would you even be thinking of jokes and one-liners and punch lines? 

You must have loved all of the C-3PO one liners during the arena battle. 

I was watching Spiderman 2 last night with my wife.  Yes, I got through a gift card.  Anyway there is a part where Spiderman is trying to stop the train with his webs.  At first it does not work.  So, this older guy says to Spiderman something like "Do you have any more bright ideas?"  I know it's a super hero flick and all but it just made me and my wife turn, look at each other and roll our eyes.  As if anyone would say that to someone that is trying to save their life.  I know, I know.  Lighten up.  LOL!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #36 on: January 3, 2005, 02:28 PM »
These three are huge SPOILERS!!!!

http://img94.exs.cx/img94/5483/SIDS_ANAKIN2.jpg
http://www.idontfear.com/rots/theend.jpg
http://www.idontfear.com/ROTS/snip.jpg

Could someone email me or send me a link to these? The only one that worked for me is the first one. Thanks!  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 3, 2005, 08:17 PM »
The links are working now. If there down again, LMK, I have them saved.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 4, 2005, 10:35 AM »
Not a picture per se, but....

Vanity Fair Unveils Star Wars Cover Today
Source: Entertainment Tonight January 4, 2005

On entertainment news programs all over today, the Star War: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith cover for Vanity Fair will be unveiled. Entertainment Tonight gives a hint of what will be seen:

Tonight on ET, we go behind the scenes of the final 'Star Wars' film and get a sneak peek at the unprecedented, four-panel cover of Vanity Fair magazine, on newsstands Jan. 11, that brings together some of the biggest stars of all six films, including MARK HAMILL, HARRISON FORD, CARRIE FISHER and BILLY DEE WILLIAMS alongside NATALIE PORTMAN, HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN, EWAN McGREGOR, LIAM NEESON, SAMUEL L. JACKSON and GEORGE LUCAS (and, of course, Yoda, C-3PO, R2-D2 and Chewbacca)!

"This is the movie for people who didn't quite get the last two but enjoyed the first three," says JIM WINDOLF, contributing editor for Vanity Fair. "They're going to understand because there's going to be Wookies. So you can't go wrong with a lot of Wookies in the movie."

They also mention the film may get a PG-13 rating:

The tone of 'Revenge' will be darker than the usual 'Star Wars' movies, and Lucas "hints that Anakin Skywalker is literally going to go to the underworld, to hell itself," says Windolf. "He says it's going to be a violent movie; it looks like he's prepared to accept a PG-13 rating," which none of the previous films have received.

Check back for more later! You'll also see the image on E! News and in today's edition of the New York Post.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 4, 2005, 11:18 AM »
Thanks!  Don't know if I mentioned, but I love "collecting" all the video clips on SW anytime I can find them.  I have hrs. upon hrs. of TV clips, local news broadcasts, commercials, etc.

so, anytime you guys run across something  SW blurbs coming on TV, please post it.

Thanks again for the tip!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 4, 2005, 11:55 AM »
Hmmmm, first I heard that Lucas does not mind if it's PG-13 or not.  I knew there was a rumor it could be PG-13 but nothing from Lucas about it until now.  Nice!

Offline MeBeJedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 4, 2005, 02:25 PM »
"This is the movie for people who didn't quite get the last two but enjoyed the first three," says JIM WINDOLF, contributing editor for Vanity Fair. "They're going to understand because there's going to be Wookies. So you can't go wrong with a lot of Wookies in the movie."

ROTFLMAO

"I have hrs. upon hrs. of TV clips, local news broadcasts, commercials, etc."

And I thought my LD-to-DVD project was obsessive.  ;)

Actually, I've been collecting non-SW clips that make reference to the films (hockey game in Strange Brew, anyone?) to put on my DVDs. Do you have anything like that?

BTW, why is this the only movie thread getting any action?  :(

"I knew there was a rumor it could be PG-13 but nothing from Lucas about it until now.  Nice!"

Well, he also said he thought ROTS would make the least amount of money as well. That being said, I'm sure he's not too concerned about how well ROTS will sell, either at the theaters or the stores.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 4, 2005, 03:54 PM »

ROTFLMAO

"I have hrs. upon hrs. of TV clips, local news broadcasts, commercials, etc."

And I thought my LD-to-DVD project was obsessive.  ;)

Actually, I've been collecting non-SW clips that make reference to the films (hockey game in Strange Brew, anyone?) to put on my DVDs. Do you have anything like that?

BTW, why is this the only movie thread getting any action?  :(

"I knew there was a rumor it could be PG-13 but nothing from Lucas about it until now.  Nice!"

Well, he also said he thought ROTS would make the least amount of money as well. That being said, I'm sure he's not too concerned about how well ROTS will sell, either at the theaters or the stores.

I agree with you about Lucas not caring what ROTS makes at the box office or in the stores.  I would not be worried either especially if I was practically a billionaire like Mr Lucas :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 4, 2005, 04:07 PM »
The Vanity Fair Cover Picture has shown up online, showing cast members from the entire Saga.  Pretty cool I think, especially that they got them all together like that.  Check it out at the linky, if you'd like.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: January 4, 2005, 05:06 PM »
That is pretty cool, nice to see the gang all together like that

And welcome to JD MeBeJedi :)