Author Topic: South Park Appreciation Thread  (Read 15717 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: South Park Appreciation Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 5, 2004, 11:26 PM »
Me personally, I want to see the George Lucas parody episode where he screws with Raiders of the Lost Arc... ;)

I saw that episode, I was on the floor.

I so don't remember that episode, what season was that?

I've been a fan of South Park since the beginning when it was truly just crude (the art not the language :P). I remember searching all over for the Xmas card that started it all and then being bummed when I was without cable for a few months and couldn't see it. I just picked up the first two seasons on dvd recently and can't wait to relive those episodes in all of their glory.

Oh and this week's episode was just great, about time something on tv shows Paris Hilton for what she truly is, a talentless and worthless skank!

And via the link DSJ provided, a South Park version of me that I made a while back....

Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 6, 2004, 11:06 AM »
It was the episode called "Free Hat", season 6.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: December 9, 2004, 03:35 AM »
Tonight's episode...

Not their best work really.  I don't know what the motivation was for the "psychic detective" episode...  Is there something going on with these in the media?  What I mean is, usually South Park makes fun of something "current", but tonight it just seemed like they picked a topic and ran with it.

Either way it was funny for what it was.  Cartman's drop was great...  The psychic fights were funny too.

Any similar thoughts?  It was just an odd filler episode it seemed, but funny for what it was...  Just not memorable I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 9, 2004, 07:15 AM »
There's nothing about psychics that I can recall in the news recently either. However, I am disapointed that they killed off Mrs.Crabtree.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: December 9, 2004, 04:23 PM »
She wasn't being utilized a lot...  If it ushers in someone interesting/new...  I dunno.

She could just reappear though too. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #20 on: December 9, 2004, 07:29 PM »
DSJ: I think I remember that episode now, the kids followed Spielberg into the desert right?

Last night's episode wasn't too bad, wasn't overly funny though either. Did get a kick out of Cartman falling off the roof though. Speaking of unused characters, what happened to Officer Barbrady? I've not seen him in a long time, now when they need cops they use those detective guys.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2004, 01:30 AM »
Yeah, that's true.  I think he's still around, but those detective guys have taken over since the Michael Jackson episode.  Hmmm

Cartman's thud off the roof was indeed the best part of last night i think.  Very good TV.  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2004, 03:46 AM »
Oh my...

I missed this past week's episode but caught it this very early morning (3 a.m., yikes) after helping my girl with her X-Mas shopping.

Great episode...  Christmas Critters.

I was really perplexed by the whole thing till it cut to Cartman...  I'll leave it at that incase you've not caught it yet, but it's a great episode.  Santa kicking ass in a South Park episode once again.

This more than made up for last weeks sorta "eh" episode.  Very funny, very creative...  Not breaking anyone's balls in the public limelight, but just a funny X-Mas episode.  Great stuff, and very true to the Mr. Hanky intro episode in just being original, weird, and extremely funny. :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2005, 04:42 AM »
Just finished watching the Paris Hilton episode, yeah it finally aired up here. What a hoot.  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2005, 05:41 AM »
They don't air the same time for you Canuckleheads, Dale?

I didn't realize...  I wouldn't post "Spoilers", for lack of a better term, if I'd known.

That's a great episode to me...  Probably my favorite recent one, however my friend argues that the "You Got Served" episode was tops for the last year at least.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2005, 06:16 AM »
I don't think there air at the same time, it used to play Friday nights on our local station but I have not seen it listed for along time. I catch it on our Comedy channel & they air from Mon to Fri. and they had it listed as new. Looks like Fridays are the new shows and the rest of the week are reruns.

Sorta of the same with the new Battlestar Galactica series, it aired on Friday night in the US and it will air up here tonight on our SciFi channel.

SP spoilers don't bother me, makes me look forward to seeing them.  ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 03:53 AM »
I haven't watched South Park in a long time & just happened to catch Major Boobage, what a great tribute to Heavy Metal:D

If you missed it, have a looky;D

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 10:13 AM »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 7, 2008, 09:54 AM »

This is sweet, Create your own South Park Character

And via the link DSJ provided, a South Park version of me that I made a while back....

Does anyone know how I can save the character I created like DSJ and CorranHorn did?  I can't figure it out.

Thanks.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: June 7, 2008, 12:47 PM »
Take a screen shot (print screen button) and open the image up in an image editing software program (Photoshop, Paint, etc). Use the paste feature onto a new image, crop/tweak from there and go ahead and save it as a jpg, etc.