Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 96781 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #780 on: August 16, 2019, 12:31 PM »
That's insane on the Yakface. It is a joke how the buyer has 100 percent of the power.
Don't be mad cause I'm doing me better than you doing you

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 18, 2019, 11:08 AM »
Glad to hear people talk about this. The sales tax thing sucks big time because the states are essentially collecting it twice for the same item. I have to pay tax now on everything I buy on eBay and for sure it is driving me away. They should allow you the option of opting out and paying it on your own if you want to, or not.

The thing that really has me worried is this “managed payments” BS they are getting ready to force on everyone. So much for the ease and simplicity of PayPal...they are moving to some kind of new payment system sellers will be required to use. It doesn’t sound good.

At this point I just want to dump the stuff I have and get out of it altogether. Sadly that is going to take awhile though.
I promise you I will not entertain you in the hallway, and do not attempt to walk with me

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 18, 2019, 06:51 PM »
The good until cancelled only and auto relist thing on ALL buy-it-now listings should've been enough for people to firebomb ebay's headquarters.  A trick to rake in listing fees.   I think ebay is suicidal sometimes.

I also had a no-payer recently....FROM DOWN UNDER. 

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Padawan
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 18, 2019, 09:48 PM »
The good until cancelled only and auto relist thing on ALL buy-it-now listings should've been enough for people to firebomb ebay's headquarters.  A trick to rake in listing fees.

That move definitely affected my sales. Ebay used to send pepole who were watching my listings reminders that the listing was about to end, and that would shake loose a few sales and act as free advertising. I would purposely run 10 day listings for that purpose. When that dried up I felt the difference.

It hasn't put me over the edge past my free listings per month, but I get the luxury of selling multiple items under one listing as opposed to a million u ique items.