Author Topic: The Official Darth Big Boy, Bearer of Bad Celebrity News RIP Thread  (Read 387095 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P. Kirby & Puckett
« Reply #165 on: May 2, 2005, 06:21 PM »
Sorry to hear about this. It always sucks when a pet dies. I still remember when my first two dogs and cat all died. Sad days indeed.

Good luck with trying to find a new pet, if you go that route.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: May 2, 2005, 10:23 PM »
Sorry to hear CHEWIE. Remember the good times with your pets.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 3, 2005, 12:23 AM »
My heart goes out to you Chewie. If you could see me, you'd see the tears running down my cheek. Losing a friend is the hardest thing to do. Even if it is to put them out of thier pain and suffering, it hurts like hell. Like a piece of your heart was taken away. God it still hurts to think of the dog I had since my Freshman year when we had to put him down way back in 2001. For the most part we willl always outlive our beloved companions, and no matter how much we know that, it never lesens the pain. Again my heart goes outto you, and I hope you remember the good times with your best friends.

Lady Jaye
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #168 on: May 3, 2005, 09:36 PM »
Sorry about your pets, Justin.

People often don't understand how much animals mean to people.  For most of my life, since I don't have children nor do I plan to have any, I've had pets, and each has been as important to me as if it were my own child.  I've had to defend them from other animals, people (I had a guy threaten my dog once, and needless to say he didn't think of doing it a 2nd time), take care of them when they're sick, play with them...  They've always got personality, they have distinct feelings and emotion like a person. 

People often play down the importance of people over animals, but to me there are few people I'd ever consider as being more important to me than my pets, and at best they'd be equal, not of more or less importance.  Right now I have 3 cats and a dog, and I hope they all have long happy lives with me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 4, 2005, 12:02 PM »
Thanks again for the kind words.  I'm glad that I'm not the only one here who not only loves Star Wars, but loves my pets too.

Apparently there was some anger with this post - somebody (not someone who posted in this thread) thought Kirby Puckett the baseball player died, and had some rude things to say about me.  Sorry for any misunderstanding - there was an "&" in the subject line.  I thought that would show that it wasn't the player.  I should have said "dogs."

:P

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 4, 2005, 06:26 PM »
Hey Chewie, do you have any pics of Kirby and Puckett?? Would love to see a pic of em!!

Oh and tell em to take off eh, I made the mistake too, but no big deal.
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: R.I.P. Puckett & Kirby
« Reply #171 on: May 4, 2005, 06:41 PM »
Apparently there was some anger with this post - somebody (not someone who posted in this thread) thought Kirby Puckett the baseball player died, and had some rude things to say about me.  Sorry for any misunderstanding - there was an "&" in the subject line.  I thought that would show that it wasn't the player.  I should have said "dogs."

Well, I mentioned in my earlier post in this threat that that was my first thought as well when I saw the title, but figured it out soon enough.  Gave me a brief scare, since I was a fan of his back in the day.  I think it gave some other folks a bigger scare though when they first saw it though.   From what I've gathered about the chatroom conversation, nobody was really "angry" at you though, just a little disappointed and upset with the somewhat misleading thread title was all.  But they realized it wasn't intentional though, so in the end, no harm no foul.  Maybe RIP Puckett & Kirby would've been better...?  ;)

Anyway, sorry again 'bout your dogs.  You looking to get some new ones now?
« Last Edit: May 4, 2005, 06:42 PM by JediWHACK »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 5, 2005, 11:15 AM »
Well they were my parents dogs, but my dogs growing up.  I moved out about 3 years ago, and the dogs stayed at their house because they have 4 acres, and I live in a little shack with the wife.  We do have our own dogs though, two Shitzu's that are about 2-1/2 years old each.

I should be able to dig up a nice pic or two of Kirby and Puckett and send them to Famine. 

:P

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 8, 2005, 03:55 PM »
I'm sorry for the loss of your dogs Justin. My pet died recently also.  A Beared Dragon. Had the big guy for seven years. Not quite the same as a dog, but I understand how one can be attached to a pet. I really miss the lil guy, Morpheus..

When you find the pictures of your dogs, perhaps we can make a thread to post pictures of all our pets, from past, present..future.. (I plan to get another dragon oen day, or a cat)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 8, 2005, 04:10 PM »
We do have a picture thread here in our Do You Have Pets? topic.

Your more than Welcome to post any pictures of your pets.  :)

Sorry to hear of your loss of Morpheus too Dimetrodon.  :(

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
RIP Peter Jennings
« Reply #175 on: August 8, 2005, 12:08 AM »
Just saw on CNN that Peter Jennings died earlier today from lung cancer.

RIP.  :'(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Peter Jennings
« Reply #176 on: August 8, 2005, 12:21 AM »
Another fellow Canadian gone.  :'(

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #177 on: August 8, 2005, 01:09 AM »
Wow, I had no idea he was even ill. RIP. :(
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #178 on: August 8, 2005, 01:49 AM »
Yeah it's too bad. :( Smoking will do that to you though.
"This is the way."

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 8, 2005, 02:04 AM »
wasnt he still on the air even though he is sick? i thought i saw him on ABC like a week ago.. :o

RIP