Community > Watto's Junk Yard

The Official Darth Big Boy, Bearer of Bad Celebrity News RIP Thread

<< < (341/382) > >>

Dave:

--- Quote from: Brian on November 12, 2018, 02:18 PM ---Word is breaking that the great Stan Lee has passed away at age 95. So sad, he - along with George Lucas - had a big part in guiding my childhood.

--- End quote ---

95 years old. Great run.

CNN story

Rob:
 Bummer, but that guy sure seems to have lived.

JediJman:
Rest in peace Stan.  He absolutely had a profound impact on who I am today.  My mom got me a subscription to Marvel comics when my reading was below average in 2nd grade.  By the end of 3rd grade I was at the top of the class.  There is a wonderful interview with Stan somewhere and he talks about how they purposely wrote the stories and dialogue that wouldo help develop vocab and reading comprehension in younger kids - in addition to writing fun storylines with kick butt characters.  He has definitely left his mark on the world and will be remembered for a long, long time.  Hoping they do something special with Avengers 4 to celebrate him.  Excelsior!

Matt:
Pretty big celebrity death in the news, it's what everybody's talking about this week. Not sure why nobody's talking about it here.

Ken Berry from F Troop and Mama's Family

Phrubruh:
Ken Berry will be missed.

Of course everyone forgets about President George Bush senior will be buried today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version