Author Topic: The Official Darth Big Boy, Bearer of Bad Celebrity News RIP Thread  (Read 391127 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
The tag line for the sequal would have said, "From the people who gave you Head...."   ;D

Yeah, kind of like those that gave you Shaft, too.  :o

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
You can come in at any point in Head and go WTF???!!! Its basically a series of skits with no relation to one another. Its kind of like the one the Beetles made around the same time.

Well, they were a major influence on The Beatles.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Which is funny since they were suppose to copy the Beetles. All that started out as a very different sitcom and actually turned into a real band. Kind of like an arranged marriage.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 4, 2012, 02:16 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
This sucks something terrible.

I can remember as a kid digging through magazines with Star Wars articles and his artwork was always predominantly featured.  That's one of the things I think about when I think of Star Wars.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Man, that does suck. I think the whole conceptual side that Ralph did was what I loved the most about the movies.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Man, that's not how I wanted to start off my Sunday.  RIP Ralph, and thank you for all the fatastic work you did.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Bummer. I wish he hadn't turned Lucas down for the Prequels... that world was McQuarrie's aesthetic, and I think those movies would have looked so much cooler if he'd been in charge.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
RIP. I really do love McQuarrie's artwork. It really was such a big part of why the OT is so memorable. I agree with Rob, it sure would have been nice to see his stamp on the Prequels.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Star Wars conceptual artist Ralph McQuarrie dies

RALPH MCQUARRIE REMEMBERED

RIP Ralph & Thank You!   :'(

This really bummed me out.

His art didn't just inspire Star Wars to me, but it inspired everyone who looked at it in different ways.  One of my favorites is to hear Anthony Daniels talk about the first time he was shown the C-3PO character art, before the character was even really set in stone as to who it would be, and what it would talk/act like.  That's inspiration of the imagination just through imagery.  Moving stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
McQuarrie knew where to get his reference from too.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Saddened by the passing of McQuarrie, no doubt.

Lost in all the fuss was the passing of Ronnie Montrose.  Get on your bad motor scooter and ride. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
You can come in at any point in Head and go WTF???!!! Its basically a series of skits with no relation to one another. Its kind of like the one the Beetles made around the same time.

Umm, no....  The Monkees were created in reaction to the Beatles movie "A Hard Day's Night".  The Monkees started in 1966, the British invasion was early 1964.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile

Umm, no....  The Monkees were created in reaction to the Beatles movie "A Hard Day's Night".  The Monkees started in 1966, the British invasion was early 1964.

I think you need to stop getting your "facts" from Wikipedia.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile

I think you need to stop getting your "facts" from Wikipedia.

Really?  How on Earth did the Beatles get influenced by the Monkees then?  The Beatles were already established before the Monkees were assembled.  There is a reason they were called the pre-fab four.

Weren't you the one who has said as long as their valid links in a wiki article it is fine to use one as a source?