Author Topic: Nostalgia?  (Read 12681 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Nostalgia?
« on: December 15, 2004, 04:35 PM »
Has anyone thus far had a hankering to buy Episode I figures? I dunno why, but latley I've just been craving these little buggers and wanting to buy up the whole line again.
Oddly enough, I'd call it nostaliga. Sorta like how the original SW bunch started rebuying the Vintage Line.

Anyone else felt more drawn to the Episode I line over time?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 07:14 PM by JediMAC »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Nostalgia :)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 08:06 PM »
I'm just jerking your chain with the title change Vator...  No slight on spelling, it's just a typing error that looks funny when I viewed it so I changed it for you.

Anyway, I can't say I'm wanting much from E1 right now...  I'd dig it if the army builders were redone SA style...  I'd take a SA Naboo Soldier, Naboo Guard, Naboo Pilot, or a SA Panaka (with head variant white dude guard too).

I'm not a big fan of the current versions of these figures...  Getting poseable versions would just be neat to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Nostaliga?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 08:13 PM »
If there were a focus on the defense of Naboo during the time of the Federation occupation, I'd grab a handful of SA Battle Droids and Naboo folks. Gungans, Naboo Troops, Guards, Pilots, and even civilian-based militias would be cool.

I wish I'd gotten another AAT... I love those things.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 08:49 PM »
Dammit!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 03:40 PM »
It's fine...I can't even see a difference, really.

Well, it has begun. I bought 2 OOM-9s and 1 Qui-Gon Jinn Naboo.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 04:00 PM »
Not so much nostalgia as much as necessity.  I was amazed to find that I didn't have a carded version of the first Anakin Skywalker figure.  Why?  Well I started getting into MOMC collecting some time during the EPISODE I line, and I thought I had this piece.  So when the time came that Jake Lloyd was making a signing appearance in my area, this was the figure I wanted to get signed.  So did I?  Nope.  I couldn't find one as hard as I tried, so I had him sign Padawan Anakin.  Oh well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 05:17 PM »
That sucks. It just seems amazing how long ago the EPI line was...so much has changed! I remember a day when the Naboo Royal Security was uber detailed.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #7 on: January 2, 2005, 01:18 AM »
I got rid of some carded stuff this Christmas, and these and the POTJ figures were the ones I couldn't bring myself to get rid of. I don't know why, maybe it was because the were the first true new Star Wars characters in plastic form for 14 years.

Looking at these, I was reminded of a time that Star Wars was truly a juggernaut, and didn't have to fight for shelf space like it does nowadays.
Add to it entire aisles full of junk to buy in every store you went to. That's a pretty groovy feeling.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Nostalgia?
« Reply #8 on: January 4, 2005, 12:39 AM »
Has anyone thus far had a hankering to buy Episode I figures?

Uh, yeah.  But it was "way back" in 1999/2000 when the movie was actually out.   :P

But good luck on your new quest Andrew!  I'm sure there's some folks around here with some Ep. 1 extras, if you need any assistance...

P.S.  Better, Jess?!   ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: January 4, 2005, 08:38 AM »
Indeed...  Till Brad changes it back.

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2005, 04:40 PM »
My Episode One figures are the ones I’ll feel the worst about selling when I get around to leaving the modern collecting scene.  They are all in Star Cases on my wall and to me they’re the best-looking series.

They’re nostalgic for me too.  I think it’s because they were released after I had spent 2 years in the adult world (having left Uni) and all that rushing around trying to find .0000 US carded plastic toys made me feel young again.
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #11 on: April 4, 2005, 07:01 PM »
I recently purchased three cases of protecto paks to protect my carded collection.  I found that a few of my figures had been damaged in the two moves (Alaska to California and California to Colorado) where a couple of the bubbles had been dented.  Luckily it was only a couple and the figures that were damaged are not super hard to get.

In fact, one was OOM-9 and I just got one off of ebay for $1!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Firebat

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 4, 2005, 07:25 PM »
Yeah, I kinda feel that way.....

Offline jensen1969

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 6, 2005, 03:30 PM »
I got a little nostalgia hit the last couple of weeks when I finally finsihed up by EP1 basic collection.  Heck, I even watched the Phantom Jar Jar again to celebrate.  I swear, this was only the 3rd or 4th time I saw this movie, but I instantly recognized the htf characters that had been so elusive all this time on cardbacks.  It's funny how you forget a character in a movie, but make him/her htf in toy form, and they practically jump out at you on screen the next time you watch.

Scott

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 1, 2005, 03:46 PM »
I'm definitly feeling some nostalgia. I just ordered a STAP w/ Battle droid from Amazon. ;D