Author Topic: HyperSpace has Some Benefit...  (Read 2189 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
HyperSpace has Some Benefit...
« on: December 20, 2004, 04:26 AM »
I decided to breeze through the images Hyperspace has up...  Just screep captures, behind-the-scenes junk, etc...

First, a lot of things are answered that many speculated on but nobody could concretely prove...  Or at least information's given that implies things.

Lots of great footage, lots of great close-ups, lots of material...

Has anyone else thoroughly checked out the snapshots they post?  I'm impressed.

Shots of the Ewoks attacking the AT-ST drivers, shots of the Cantina that are gone, shots of edited footage...

One thing I liked immensely is the shots of the Endor team entering the bunker, especially to show they entered after the battle and had to shoot it out it would appear (tons of dead stormies in the hall I can only imagine were put there AFTER they entered the 2nd time since the 1st was a sneak-in).

I'm actually really impressed with this feature of Hyperspace.  Can't say I like paying, but I get the Fan Club magazine anyway so it's nice to get this I guess...  Didn't think I'd ever praise the pay-for-content feature, but I am digging this.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: HyperSpace has Some Benefit...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 10:25 AM »
I love those pictures (Photoreceptor)

Stuff like the Han Hoth Brown Coat shot was worth the money I spent on it.  I think its lame they charge for it but in the end you do get to see some pretty cool stuff

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 03:59 AM »
Photoreceptor, that's it...

Tons of great cut scenes.

Another of my favorites is the apparantly cut female Rebel X-Winger from ROTJ with a helmet that sported the Blast Shield helmet emblems on it.

Very freaky, never knew it was filmed. 

The clear shot of a female Rebel Commando from Endor too...  Where'd that chick wind up during the whole filming thing because you never see her clearly in the film.

The whole woman thing with the Rebels reinforces Lucas's intended implication of a female/minority-less Empire too.  I kinda like that EU took it the opposite direction, but it's neat seeing he had females duking it out with the Rebel troops.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 09:33 PM »
I guess I need to actually use that Hyperspace account I have and check these things out...I thought it was all about EPIII stuff.

Where in Photoreceptor do I go? 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: April 1, 2005, 02:51 PM »
Paul, you just browse the PR thing...  No where to really go.

It's not terribly useful, but ok.  I think after E3 dies down it'll either become pretty useless, or LFL will try some innovative new content.  It is mostly E3 stuff though, for the most part.