Author Topic: Star Wars Autographs  (Read 40252 times)

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Autographs
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2009, 03:59 PM »
Frank Oz is one of the main ones I'd love to have, but I'd hate to spend money on a photo and a pen, then wait a year to maybe get a returned photo.

I just read a report of a guy sending him a photo in April of 2008 and he just got it back today. Frank only signs his mail once and a while, but chances are eventually, you'd get it back. You don't have to send a pen, I just wanted a specific color which I didn't end up getting anyway.  :P

Spend the $6.00 on an 8x10 (if that's what you collect) and mail it out. You'll be so glad you did if you get it back down the road.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:04 PM by Chris Wyman »
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2009, 06:44 PM »
Just got back from SDCC! I had an awesome time and met some great people.

I met Dave Filoni right after the Hasbro panel, and got a great autograph on the cover of my guide (it was really the only sign-able item I had with me at the time).

Then a little later I saw Peter Mayhew was doing autographs so I bought one from him. I noticed later on he didn't cross his 't' so now it looks like I have an autograph from Peler Mayhew. :D He was also selling some nice protective cases for photos for $2 each so I bought one to keep the autograph in.

On Friday afternoon I saw a table with James Arnold Taylor (Obi-Wan), Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka), and some other Clone Wars signers, so I bought a picture with Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Ahsoka on it hoping to get it completed since Matt Lanter (Anakin) and Tom Kane (Yoda) would be signing the next day. Ashley Eckstein signed first. She was a very nice and friendly woman who was great talking to. Then I got one from James Arnold Taylor, also a cool guy.

Then I went and bought another protective case from Peter Mayhew to keep the picture in. It wouldn't be my last. :)

The next day I brought the picture back, geeked at the prospect of having the photo completed. Tom Kane was there and signed the picture and did his Yoda voice for a bit. ;D

Then disaster struck. As I was putting the picture back in the case, Tom Kane's autograph streaked across the picture since it hadn't dried yet. It was truly a hideous sight. "Aw crap!" Tom Kane exclaimed as he leaped out of his chair. I watched as he walked over to the other side of the table with my picture, and to my surprise and delight, he was over getting a fresh new picture for me. He signed it, and I insisted that he let me pay for a second autograph but he wouldn't let me. Then he told me he would make sure I get the other actors' autographs. And I guess 'the Force was with me' (yeah, I know, cheesy ::) ) because even though James Arnold Taylor and Ashley Eckstein weren't scheduled to appear again, they showed up a little later and with Tom Kane's help, I was given replacements for both of the destroyed autographs. James Arnold Taylor wasn't even behind the table doing signings and he still gave me an autograph! It was AWESOME, and it's really all thanks to Tom Kane so that was really cool. Here's the completed picture:

And of course, I went and bought one more case from Peter Mayhew to keep the new picture in. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2009, 01:10 AM »
Great stuff, David! Awesome of the Clone Wars cast to do that for you too.  :)
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 3, 2009, 12:41 PM »
I got my Salacious Crumb Connoisseur Series piece back this morning signed by Tim Rose (Puppeteer), Anthony McVey (Sculptor) & Mark Dodson (Voice).

16x20

I also got a single Admiral Ackbar shot signed by Tim Rose as well.

11x14
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:05 PM by Chris Wyman »
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 3, 2009, 02:18 PM »
Then disaster struck. As I was putting the picture back in the case, Tom Kane's autograph streaked across the picture since it hadn't dried yet. It was truly a hideous sight. "Aw crap!" Tom Kane exclaimed as he leaped out of his chair. I watched as he walked over to the other side of the table with my picture, and to my surprise and delight, he was over getting a fresh new picture for me. He signed it, and I insisted that he let me pay for a second autograph but he wouldn't let me. Then he told me he would make sure I get the other actors' autographs. And I guess 'the Force was with me' (yeah, I know, cheesy ::) ) because even though James Arnold Taylor and Ashley Eckstein weren't scheduled to appear again, they showed up a little later and with Tom Kane's help, I was given replacements for both of the destroyed autographs. James Arnold Taylor wasn't even behind the table doing signings and he still gave me an autograph! It was AWESOME, and it's really all thanks to Tom Kane so that was really cool. Here's the completed picture:

That's a fantastic story David, it's great to see a celebrity go so far out of his way to help you out.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2009, 05:02 PM »
I got my Salacious Crumb Connoisseur Series piece back this morning signed by Tim Rose (Puppeteer), Anthony McVey (Sculptor) & Mark Dodson (Voice).

I also got a single Admiral Ackbar shot signed by Tim Rose as well.

I want both of these!

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2009, 05:32 PM »
My most recent 11x14 acquisitions:

"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 14, 2009, 10:55 AM »
Great stuff! My favorite is probably the Snootles, I like how he signed that one. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 14, 2009, 09:48 PM »
Thanks!
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2009, 07:57 PM »
Got this addition to my growing autograph collection back from Wattographs today:

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2009, 12:19 AM »
Very cool, David!

I also got mine back from the Koo Stark signing as well.

11x14

16x20
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2010, 08:55 AM »
Some of my latest acquisitions:

11x14 signed by Joel Edgerton

11x14 signed by John Fensom

11x14's signed by Irvin Kershner

11x14 signed by Jimmy Smits

10x20's signed by Mark Hamill

16x20 signed by Mark Hamill

"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2010, 10:11 PM »
Those are some very cool new acquisitions! The black and white shot of Luke and the landspeeder is awesome. 8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2010, 12:48 PM »
Those are some very cool new acquisitions! The black and white shot of Luke and the landspeeder is awesome. 8)

Well thank you sir!  :D
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 2, 2010, 05:40 PM »
Amy Allen was a guest at Shane's Toy Show last weekend & I took my Sideshow Aayla to get autographed.  8)