Author Topic: RAT Continues: TIE Fighter Pilot  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
RAT Continues: TIE Fighter Pilot
« on: December 21, 2004, 01:45 AM »

JD.com is proud to present our first ever Review-A-Thon...  It's a way we're going to clean out some old reviews we've got backlogged and get a little something for you, the viewer, to read over theholidays.

This figure rounds out the Yavin Wave, and what a wave it was.  It's taken some time, but we're cleaing these out, and tonight's figure is the TIE Fighter Pilot from the Yavin Wave.

The TIE Pilot's one of those oddball figures that Hasbro threw at us out of nowhere.  I know I wasn't expecting a new one of this guy anyway.  

The weird thing is, Hasbro's updated TIE FIghter Pilot shows just how complacent I was with the POTF2 version.  I mean, I really thought the bendable knee pack-in pilot that came with the Interceptor, Bomber, and KB TIE Fighter, was a pretty nice figure...  Little did I realize that the helmet sculpt was really in need of an upgrade.

Still, Hasbro underwhelms us with the lop-sided articulation on yet another figure.  His right arm's nice, his left arm bites.  Why the unbalance?  Well, I still can't explain these kinds of enigmas coming from Hasbro, but I digress.

Read the full review by clicking the link above and  checking everything out.  Find out what you think, and share your thoughts with us here if you'd like...  I dig the company.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 02:32 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mike16

• Youngling
  • As you wish...
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
Re: RAT Continues: TIE Fighter Pilot
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 11:16 AM »
I love this figure! I'm with you on the articulation, some ball joints would have been nice but the rest is so well detailed. Helmet looks awesome, shows up the other pilots wayy too much :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: RAT Continues: TIE Fighter Pilot
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 02:31 AM »
I'm actually holding out my old TIE Pilots...  It's not as glaring a difference as the POTF2 stormie and his new counterparts. 

I have a little army of the new one going, and man am I irked by that arm articulation.  Glad the Cantina figures got a better treatment than a lot of these latter Saga figures did in balancing articulation out.  Even if it's balanced angle-cut joints like Jedi Luke had, or Skiff Lando, or the Cantina wave...  That's better than one articulated arm and one not.  Give that right arm to the left arm (wtih proper hand of course) and you have a MUCH more fun figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77